Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region 2010-2011
I know its early but just wanted to throw it out there for fun. Lets rank em
I will even start.

64 district Boyd County, Fairview, Ashland, Rose Hill

16th region Rowan, East Carter, West Carter, Boyd County (far as i can go for now)
Ashland will still be better than Fairview next year, if the Lady Eagles are lucky they will be the third best team in the district as they have been the last two years.

The usual teams should be good again, the good ones usually can keep it going year to year. East, West, Rowan and maybe Boyd should contend next year. And don't count out the Kittens just yet. They may be young but may have enough experience by districts to make some post season noise.

:Clap:
83%...simply amazing
Of course we will have to see who stays put and who transfers, be interesting to see who might end up where when all is said and done. A lot of moves are even made during the summer so we might know who has the edge until July or August. That is one of the simply amazing things about our region.
Very true. Heard that Boyd County is getting a couple of new players, one from Columbus the other from a district school, should put them over the top to win the district very easily and maybe the region. Fraley is by far the best coach in the district and one of the best in the region.
Yeah, Fraley is underrated among the area coaches. He had Boyd on a nice roll at the end of the season, especially in the districts with the blow out of Fairview, hard to beat a team by double figures three times in one year that has a winning record, and played the Kittens really tough. I don't know if Boyd will have enough to win the region but they for sure could be right there for a district championship, and that would be simply amazing for the Lady Lions and their fans.
In the 64th I believe it's going to be a battle.

1. Boyd Co, coach Fraley always have his kids playing really good physical defense. At times I think they will struggle finding a true scorer. But at the end of the day imo they will win the district.

2. Ashland, after the departure of nine seniors this is goiing to be a really young team for coach Bradley. He is going to have several kids that can score. However the lack of experience, ball handling, center, and soild defece will hurt the kittens next year. Coach Bradley has been through this before he will reload and rebuild.

3. Fairview, coach Bellamy was certianly an upgrade for the lady eagles. They had a really good season and played well. However they must find another scorer on that team, and a point guard. They really struggled handling pressure and playing soild defense for more than two quarters.

4. Rose Hill, coach Watkins really had his hands full this year with pulling double duty with coaching both girls and boys teams. There is probably more questions than answers for this team. Who is coming back? Will there be enough to even play? Is Watkins staying? They won't be a factor in the 64th ever again imo and that is really sad. They had some tremendous teams back in the day and were fun to watch.
How does Mark Watkins coach both teams?

I know the boys cant play in the post-season, but what do they do if The girls have an away game, in lets say.....Mont Co. The bus would have to leave around 4 to make it for a JV game....Does the girls team just have the day off?
I know that If that's the case then they schedule it around. But he was only helping till the program got a start. It'll take abit till it does but he got it started. And his girls are looking good for next year, 8th grader myriah porter had 15 and sophmore Brooke gee had 16 points to follow with 13 rebounds. And all season long Alana Martin was having great games, scoring most of the points. And kayla whetsel was having a good season along with that. Their young but they'll all have experience and learn the game.
blueblooded Wrote:I know that If that's the case then they schedule it around. But he was only helping till the program got a start. It'll take abit till it does but he got it started. And his girls are looking good for next year, 8th grader myriah porter had 15 and sophmore Brooke gee had 16 points to follow with 13 rebounds. And all season long Alana Martin was having great games, scoring most of the points. And kayla whetsel was having a good season along with that. Their young but they'll all have experience and learn the game.

Whetsel will be at Ashland next year, according to her mother. Now this one I haven't be able to comfirm but I heard that porter will be at Boyd Co.
If that be the case then shell be missed, and another position will be opened for one of the other younger talents to step up. And If porter leaves I will be shocked.