Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Knights
Anyone heard anything? I know they've started practicing
heard a little bit Branham is their QB and I know one of the Honakers is playing RB
What exactly is this. I know it's a football team and I've heard they'll play wise, but is this full contact?
Its being questioned if Matt Branham is playing cause of his shoulder, so the QB is Ethan Young as of his absence. They tried to get Tim Honaker out but he wouldn't sadly

Its a full contact pad team part of the Appalachian League, they say they'll travel states if sponsors get good enough. But the playing field is the problem. Pikeville says they wont let them use the turf cause PHS Baseball season, and the expo may be to low. So Pike Central is about the only option. Belfry would be good but its a little far
How can I get more information on the Pike County Knights? Would like to know more about them.
Thanks
So is this like a Semi-Pro Football team?
i_own_u Wrote:How can I get more information on the Pike County Knights? Would like to know more about them.
Thanks

So far no website has been created, or at least released. The first game is told to be in March sometime.

Yes, leecoukfan
If...Then Wrote:So far no website has been created, or at least released. The first game is told to be in March sometime.

Yes, leecoukfan

Thanks! Where will their home facilities be located?
Are they/ Did they have tryouts for the team?
If...Then Wrote:Its being questioned if Matt Branham is playing cause of his shoulder, so the QB is Ethan Young as of his absence. They tried to get Tim Honaker out but he wouldn't sadly

Its a full contact pad team part of the Appalachian League, they say they'll travel states if sponsors get good enough. But the playing field is the problem. Pikeville says they wont let them use the turf cause PHS Baseball season, and the expo may be to low. So Pike Central is about the only option. Belfry would be good but its a little far
Surely somewhere in Pike County theres an old football field? lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know all you Pahk-vuhl-ians don't like to venture too deep into the county...but why not try Shelby Valley? Turf field..less of a drive than Belfry.
Practices will be at Whitesburg old field. First scrimmage is supposed to be this Saturday. Ill have more information tonight or in the morning. I was contacted to play today.
Ignore above post. Its actually a team based in Hazard that contacted me today.
From what I was told. Our home games will be at fleming neon field with the first game the first weekend in April. This saturday is a scrimmage against the pikeville knights. The league consist of 10 teams, all I know so far is the Hazard Wolves, pikeville knights, wise vipers, and louisville bulls. Apparently there is a myspace page but I have no idea what its under.

Also, I was told Hazard wolves are still looking for some linemen talent. If you know someone email or pm me and ill give you a contact number.
Pay?..lol
What exactly is this again? and How old do you have to be?
This league can't be any worse than the XFL.