Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 09-10
Who is the new coaching staff along with Coach Mounts?

What players do they have returning?

Will they be better or worse?
David Hatfield - former head boys' coach at Belfry and Williamson

They lost Kansas Reed from last year's team and will have Meghan Staten returning after sitting out last season.

They will be much better. IMO they will be a top 5 team in the 15th by season end and possiblly win the region barring injury and with some breaks.
From what i have heard there wont be many girls playing on this team .
Did most of them quit?
Wildcat_Fan Wrote:From what i have heard there wont be many girls playing on this team .
Did most of them quit?

Rumor has it that there are 3 maybe 4 sophomores (that I've heard) that are saying that they may not play.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Rumor has it that there are 3 maybe 4 sophomores (that I've heard) that are saying that they may not play.

Sophomore class has some talent.

What ones are thinking of not playing and why?

Concentrating on other sports?
NEXT Wrote:Sophomore class has some talent.

What ones are thinking of not playing and why?

Concentrating on other sports?

I know of one that I personally talked with. I won't go into what she said but evidently things aren't going as smoothly as planned! This one actually got some play time as a 8th grader on the varsity team...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I believe that Natasha Hackney, Caitlin Woolum, Bethany Tackett and few others are the ones not playing.
phs1986 Wrote:I know of one that I personally talked with. I won't go into what she said but evidently things aren't going as smoothly as planned! This one actually got some play time as a 8th grader on the varsity team...

for sure....it's not that belfry doesn't have the talent to be a threat this year, BUT they did last year and stupid things got in the way. & although coach collins was blamed for alot of it, it goes way deeper than that!
Coach Mounts is all about team players and maybe these girls have a problem with being team players. The only Coach these sophomores have had is Coach Stilner, maybe these girls lack the maturity they need to play for the new Coach. Knowing Coach Mounts if these girls have the talent to play and the team player concept he will give them the opportunity to play. Coming off of the last two seasons, any player will have to earn there spot with the new coaching staff and no one should except any less than that. Just because they started last year or the year before doesnt mean that will happen this year.
kittykat Wrote:Coach Mounts is all about team players and maybe these girls have a problem with being team players. The only Coach these sophomores have had is Coach Stilner, maybe these girls lack the maturity they need to play for the new Coach. Knowing Coach Mounts if these girls have the talent to play and the team player concept he will give them the opportunity to play. Coming off of the last two seasons, any player will have to earn there spot with the new coaching staff and no one should except any less than that. Just because they started last year or the year before doesnt mean that will happen this year.

well the thing is the "lack of maturity" isn't coming from the younger players..lol. all of this goes way beyond what people think or what people have been told.alot of people are wanting to blame everything on coach stiltner and it's not fair to her. idc if Gannon who have stayed as head coach, the stuff that has happened would have taken place anyway.
bhs16 Wrote:well the thing is the "lack of maturity" isn't coming from the younger players..lol. all of this goes way beyond what people think or what people have been told.alot of people are wanting to blame everything on coach stiltner and it's not fair to her. idc if Gannon who have stayed as head coach, the stuff that has happened would have taken place anyway.

You are wrong....Coach Gannon would have never let those things go on..That was all Amanda...she was the main problem. She let the girls get by with whatever they wanted to...I know Coach Mounts and Coach Hatfield will never let that happen. If the sophomores don't want to play, then DON'T PLAY. These coaches aren't going to beg them. It sounds to me like these girls are a bunch of babies that need to grow up. They have a chance to play for 2 great coaches and have a great season, they better realize that, and stop listening to mommy and daddy tell them how good they are, and actually go to practice ready to work for playing time.
The Lady Pirates will find out early how good they will be as they play at home against Sheldon Clark I think in the season opener.
The statement made about going way deeper than the coach and she wasnt the only problem. I have news for you it starts at the top and trickles down. The team was her responsibilty and she failed to keep in control. She was the adult, not the girls. She got from her team what she expected from her team. If Coach Gannon would have had these girls none of this would have ever taken place. He demand respect and he got it. The new coaching staff expects the same, and they will get it. Everyone just needs to let the new coaches do there jobs. All the girls just need to go in and work hard and they will earn a spot to play if they deserve it.
kittykat Wrote:Coach Mounts is all about team players and maybe these girls have a problem with being team players. The only Coach these sophomores have had is Coach Stilner, maybe these girls lack the maturity they need to play for the new Coach. Knowing Coach Mounts if these girls have the talent to play and the team player concept he will give them the opportunity to play. Coming off of the last two seasons, any player will have to earn there spot with the new coaching staff and no one should except any less than that. Just because they started last year or the year before doesnt mean that will happen this year.

Nice post!! :Thumbs:

Guys and gals, let's keep this one going please!! No coach bashing present or former! What happened is past and now is the future.... Discuss the positive points of the team and upcoming season but leave any negativity about the former coach to private conversations if the need to be discussed!

phs1986 Wrote:Guys and gals, let's keep this one going please!! No coach bashing present or former! What happened is past and now is the future.... Discuss the positive points of the team and upcoming season but leave any negativity about the former coach to private conversations if the need to be discussed!

I agree phs1986, we all had our opportunity to express our opinions on last year's team back in the spring/summer. This is about this year's team. If there are girls that choose not to play (for whatever reason) then they are not part of this team. Coach Mounts and Coach Hatfield will not beg any of them to play and they will do well with the girls that do play.

This team will have fun, learn basketball and probably some life lessons this season...no matter how many wins and loses they have.
How are they looking so far in practice?