Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 28 - Belfry 21
This is why its called a "rivalry" people Big Grin
What is date of ashland/ belfry. What is the record between these two, I thought belfry had won only 1 game in the series?
AHS86 Wrote:What is date of ashland/ belfry. What is the record between these two, I thought belfry had won only 1 game in the series?

September 4th @ Ashland.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:September 4th @ Ashland.

Actually, September 4th at the CAM. Belfry is 2-14 against Ashland. The last game was in 2006 at Ashland and the 'Cats won by a point.
bucslover68 Wrote:Actually, September 4th at the CAM. Belfry is 2-14 against Ashland. The last game was in 2006 at Ashland and the 'Cats won by a point.

Thanks for the info, I do know there have been some dandys between them.
AHS86 Wrote:Thanks for the info, I do know there have been some dandys between them.

There has been some good games but the 'Cats seem to come out on top in most of them. Just a little history back to the Prestonsburg game. Belfry has played Prestonsburg more than any other opponent in their history. Friday night was the 57th meeting. After the Blackcats win, the record is 35-21-1 in favor of Belfry.
Tyler Williams- sophomore/QB
Gary Runyon- sophomore/HB
Peyton Mullins- Freshman/?
Josh Dixon- sophomore/?

The only seniors on the field given different times are Varney,Lovern, Charles, Cicso, and not sure about Patrick's grade?? Lovern was in and out and the rest of the team was underclassmen....

As far as being treated badly, YES, as we were walking out several kids as well as grown "kids" were very rude. It happens at games sometimes.... I didn't like it but hey, who am I to say somethin to someone else's kid... There was one lady (I'm assuming the coaches wife or family member) who told us to travel safely home..... Which was classy.... There is going to be rudeness at most games as football tends to get a little heated... LOL...... I can say this though, had my child acted like some of those kids were, mine still wouldn't be sittin on his tushy..... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
When will there be a Re-run of this game on TV? Sorry for getting off subject. But, I missed this game and would love to catch it on TV.

So, Sorry for getting off-topic and Thanks to anyone who anyone can give me any information.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pics from the game: http://blackcatfootball.com/Pics/2009/V8...index.html[url=http://blackcatfootball.com/Pics/2009/V8.21.2009/pages/DSC_1274.html][/url]
Thank you for the pics. Both teams have some very good boosters to have them looking that sharp.
Congrats Pburg on finally getting the monkey off there back against Belfry. I was very impressed with the spread offense they come out in and the way Burchett delivered the ball to several different recievers.
Awesome picture of Michael Burchett...[Image: http://blackcatfootball.com/Pics/2009/V8..._0821.html]
bucslover68 Wrote:... Friday night was the 57th meeting. After the Blackcats win, the record is 35-21-1 in favor of Belfry.

I'm 99% certain that number is NOT correct. They've played more times than that. I seem to remember the series drew EVEN with Belfry's win in 2002. I'll post again tomorrow when I can get to my records...

Confusedhh:
As promised...

The initial meeting between Prestonsburg and Belfry occurred in 1930 (P-burg won 27-21).

The two teams have played 74 times. The current series record to date (compiled from Ashland Daily Ind. and Floyd Co. Times records) and includes Friday's game:

Belfry 38
Prestonsburg 34
ties 2

bucslover...

The reason for the discrepancy is (from discussion with records folks from Pond Creek) is a lack of info from your local sources (Pike Co. & Williamson) on Belfry football before WWII.
oneijoe Wrote:As promised...

The initial meeting between Prestonsburg and Belfry occurred in 1930 (P-burg won 27-21).

The two teams have played 74 times. The current series record to date (compiled from Ashland Daily Ind. and Floyd Co. Times records) and includes Friday's game:

Belfry 38
Prestonsburg 34
ties 2

bucslover...

The reason for the discrepancy is (from discussion with records folks from Pond Creek) is a lack of info from your local sources (Pike Co. & Williamson) on Belfry football before WWII.

I should have clarified my numbers. Those are from the 1949 season on. My mistake. The Belfry record book goes back that far, but obviously they played much earlier. Thanks for including the totals for the years not in the Pirate record book.