Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matthew Stafford
I don't get it. He's not that good.
I think that he is pretty good. He must be good since he will probly go #1 in the NFL Draft in April.
Aslan.....Aslan.....Aslan.....
hatin' on SEC football again....
Georgia runs a pro-style offense and Stafford plays it well, he's a good decision maker, and he has a strong NFL body....
the same reason Matt Cassel got picked up by Belichick even though he didn't start a single college game, but we all saw what he did for the Pats last season
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan.....Aslan.....Aslan.....
Georgia runs a pro-style offense and Stafford plays it well, he's a good decision maker, and he has a strong NFL body....
the same reason Matt Cassel got picked up by Belichick even though he didn't start a single college game, but we all saw what he did for the Pats last season

:Thumbs: Agreed. Lets just hope this one dont turn out to be another Joey Harrington in Detriot. I dont think that will happen tho.
Aslan Wrote:I don't get it. He's not that good.

Maybe you should line up behind a D-1 Offensive line and see how good you are..lol
The guy is not deserving of hte number one pick. He's not good. None of the Qb's in the draft are overly impressive, but I'd def take Sanchez over Stafford.
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan.....Aslan.....Aslan.....

He will be a major bust.
Mark it down.
He isn't that good? You don't play D-1 Football not being any good.
I'm going to have to agree with Aslan. Stafford is a good QB, but the number one pick? He is worthy of a second-round pick at best, IMO.
OLDHOSS Wrote:He isn't that good? You don't play D-1 Football not being any good.

Of course, but not deserving of the 1st overall pick.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Aslan. Stafford is a good QB, but the number one pick? He is worthy of a second-round pick at best, IMO.

I agree.
He had a loaded team around him, preseason number one, and SEC favorites. Georgia was a huge disappointment. One of the reasons they was preseason number one was bc Stafford is so over hyped.
Careful Aslan. All the things your saying about Stafford are the same things I was saying about Matt Ryan last year before the draft and we all know how Ryan did.
Aslan Wrote:The guy is not deserving of hte number one pick. He's not good. None of the Qb's in the draft are overly impressive, but I'd def take Sanchez over Stafford.
I think both of these qb's will be like another Matt who is setting the Bench in Arizona.
The only reason that he is the number one qb is mainly because of the weak qb class this year. If McCoy woulda came out he woulda been your number one.
I wish this young man well. Hope he succeed.
I don't see him as a 1st pick in the draft. But, he is good enought to be drafted in the top 20.
Notorious Wrote:The only reason that he is the number one qb is mainly because of the weak qb class this year. If McCoy woulda came out he woulda been your number one.

I dont think that McCoy would have went ahead of Stafford he would have came out this year.
Picks should be made by need. Detroit NEEDS a QB. None better in the draft than Stafford. Case closed!
:notworthy That was EXACTLY the same thing I was about to say. I had every one of those doubts about Matt Ryan too. A great example, and I see a lot of Stafford in Ryan. Great post.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Careful Aslan. All the things your saying about Stafford are the same things I was saying about Matt Ryan last year before the draft and we all know how Ryan did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Careful Aslan. All the things your saying about Stafford are the same things I was saying about Matt Ryan last year before the draft and we all know how Ryan did.

I had doubts about Ryan too. Couldnt figure out why he was rated ahead of Brohm before the draft. Well see what happens. I still think Stafford is going to be a flop though.
Aslan Wrote:I had doubts about Ryan too. Couldnt figure out why he was rated ahead of Brohm before the draft. Well see what happens. I still think Stafford is going to be a flop though.

Stafford played in a Pro set last year, and he did it in the toughest defensive conference in the country. He will do well:Thumbs: