Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen 7 on 7 Schedule
canoeman06 Wrote:Colonel,
Your kids looked good Saturday. Glad to see you get the job !
We got a bit off topic for a minute :biggrin:
Hope to see you on the 20th .....

Thanks Cman. I was excited to get it and wanted to get right to work. It gave me a good chance to see some of the kids we had. I was very pleased with the effort they gave with such little time on the field. They seem to be really excited about football. I hope the school is back from their trip and we will for sure be there.
FF40212 Wrote:I hope that kids there read this thread and ask their coach why they can't play at a DIVISION 1 COLLEGE on turf fields in front of Coach Brooks, Coach Phillips, Coach Sanders, and a ton of the UK players that they usually only see on TV.

I am about offering opportunities to kids. And not just the kids that I coach. Believe me, I work year round for these only to see coaches who are either too lazy to do the work to get their kids there or to apathetic to put in a little extra time.

It bothers me. It really does. I feel like those kids are cheated. I feel like those kids SHOULD be able to have a day where they can feel like a college football player, see how that place is, and remember what it was like (for the rest of their life) to play on the same surface that their UK Wildcats prepare on.

I say that because I take kids from a very rural county there every year. I will continue to do that. No matter what it costs. No matter what. I have kids who don't have running water (literally). I have kids who have to buy their first pair of tennis shoes for our indoor workouts on rainy days. I have kids who work all day on a farm, and THEN come to practice, only to go home and finish work they missed the 2 and a half hours they were practicing football.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for you one bit. I know, personally, what these kind of experiences mean to a middle school football player. I know it's worth it. As a coach, I couldn't do it any other way. How yours does it is between him and his kids.....

Again, my opinion.....

Many of the coaches in floyd county coach several things. This is not for any personal gain, just for the kids. Canoeman for example, he coaches, 8th grade basketball,7th and 8th football, the golf team, helps with the schools archery progam, coaches a girls little leage fastpitch softball team,is commissioner of the Big sandy valley football conference.All while attending and helping where needed with the many activities and sports that his daughter is involved in. This is just one example of what many of the coaches in Floyd do to offer the kids the experiences and opportunities to last them a lifetime.
And as far as the feeling sorry comment- you have no idea just how far off that is. No one asked you to feel sorry for them especially me.
Again this thread is about the Allen 7 on 7, I dont see why that is so hard to comprehend!!
As for the comment about wishing all of the Floyd co. teams good luck--I will say thank you, and good luck to your team as well.
In closing the Allen 7 on 7 was a great day of football!
Thank you for that, Rivalrat.

I appreciate it. I don't doubt that Coach Howell is a hard working man and very committed to the youth of Floyd County.

Rather than bore you with a comeback on how busy a life I lead, I will simply digress and agree to disagree with you all.

I wish it were different. Not only for the football players in your county, but for the many other players across this state who aren't getting the chance that the 19 teams listed previously are taking advantage of.

It is a lot of fun.

Again, perhaps next year you all can attend?

Good luck on the 20th playing your 7 on 7 with your fellow conference teams.
Gee.......from reading the tone of your SEVERAL posts, I bet you are a real treat to hang out with. FYI....don't be so offended when the world doesn't agree with you rude OPINIONS.

Facts man, just the facts!
I said the same thing. I think when I wrote those they didn't read the way I was trying to say it?

I really wasn't trying to be confrontational. It turned out that way, but it wasn't my intent.

:igiveup:
Rivalrat Wrote:Many of the coaches in floyd county coach several things. This is not for any personal gain, just for the kids. Canoeman for example, he coaches, 8th grade basketball,7th and 8th football, the golf team, helps with the schools archery progam, coaches a girls little leage fastpitch softball team,is commissioner of the Big sandy valley football conference.All while attending and helping where needed with the many activities and sports that his daughter is involved in. This is just one example of what many of the coaches in Floyd do to offer the kids the experiences and opportunities to last them a lifetime.
And as far as the feeling sorry comment- you have no idea just how far off that is. No one asked you to feel sorry for them especially me.
Again this thread is about the Allen 7 on 7, I dont see why that is so hard to comprehend!!
As for the comment about wishing all of the Floyd co. teams good luck--I will say thank you, and good luck to your team as well.
In closing the Allen 7 on 7 was a great day of football!

Thanks Rival Rat !!
Our coaches do put in lots of hours. I think all the coaches that I know in Floyd County have the KIDS best interest at heart.