Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 14 - Hazard 7
bac2369 Wrote:Also on that Michael Campbell catch they were going to show it but cut it off the replay board. They know he caught the ball and thats why they cut it off.

Not sure about the catch but most times KHSAA do cut replays IF there's controversey. Should not have ANY with these GREAT officials........
Good showing by Hazard in this one..Hazard had a great season and represented Eastern Ky well in the finals....I think this was a really good year for Easy Ky football..
Beechwood had to have been a 3 TD favorite at least. Great job Bulldogs in hanging in there. Would have been nice to see a win, but you did the mountains proud!!

Best of luck next year!!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The Hazard Bulldogs represented their community and the mountains well. Congrats on a wonderful season. This season was the stuff that dreams are made of. You have made us very proud!!!!!

WE ARE HAZARD
AND PROUD OF IT!!!!
[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fa...PHIC-1.jpg]

Wink great season Hazard,
Congrats Beechwood!!
Hats off to Hazard for a great season.
congrats to hazard on yet another good year ....way to go out seniors. its been a great 3 years with you all playing
The O take to long to get going. If the O play the first half like they did the sec. half. This would be a differ game. I think the TD in the back of the endzone was in.
Hazard had some chances to score and take the lead I just dont know what happened to them. Great seasons on both teams nothing to be sad or down about!
COngrats to the Dawgs!!! Great season!!
bac2369 Wrote:I have finally made it back from Louisville. I want to congradulate Beechwood on there 11th title. This game could of went either way. The Michael Campbell catch in the endzone was in i dont care what the ref say. I normally do not complain about the officating but this game was given to beechwood. I also do agree that the game could of been much worse than expect but it wasnt. But Congrads to Hazard on a great season and too the seniors I am sorry but atleast you made school history.

I knew it was going to come eventually ......

This is probably where you should have just said great job Hazard, great job Beechwood .. and moved on.

I will be more than happy to provide you with 3 separate versions of the tape that show that Campbell was over a YARD out of bounds.

I have read your posts all year ... and could never quite figure out what your point of view is ... but now .. I think that I understand.

You haven't (and most likely won't) see any Beechwood person on here talking about how Beechwood did everything that they could (unintentionally of course) to keep Hazard in the game--and they still won.

Have some class and quit trying to blame the refs .... simply because .. they were bad all the way around--NOT JUST FOR HAZARD.

Hazard did a great job. Beechwood did a great job ... just leave it at that.

Get rid of the officials gave Beechwood the game crap. Look at the stats--and they tell you exactly why the game was even close to begin with (and it wasn't because Hazard dominated the game). That isn't a homer perspective--it is the FACTS (the statistics). Quit making your team look bad by blaming it on the Refs (most were from the far west by the way--which I can also prove on paper).
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Didn't say that Hazard couldn't have won this game because they had 2 chances to tie this game up but failed to do so. But as a fellow eastern Kentuckian, I'm very proud of Hazard and I was really impressed with their performance today.

No, but you implied it. What you said was IF Beachwood hadn't turned the ball over four times it would have been a blowout. If that's not saying Hazard didn't have a chance I don't know what is!! :confused: :confused:
What kind of schools are giving looks to Olinger, Campbell, and Adams? Hazard did put up a good fight and forced several Turnovers and 2 were in the end zone. The TD score by Beechwood right before Halftime proved to be the difference.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I knew it was going to come eventually ......

This is probably where you should have just said great job Hazard, great job Beechwood .. and moved on.

I will be more than happy to provide you with 3 separate versions of the tape that show that Campbell was over a YARD out of bounds.

I have read your posts all year ... and could never quite figure out what your point of view is ... but now .. I think that I understand.

You haven't (and most likely won't) see any Beechwood person on here talking about how Beechwood did everything that they could (unintentionally of course) to keep Hazard in the game--and they still won.

Have some class and quit trying to blame the refs .... simply because .. they were bad all the way around--NOT JUST FOR HAZARD.

Get rid of the officials gave Beechwood the game crap. Look at the stats--and they tell you exactly why the game was even close to begin with (and it wasn't because Hazard dominated the game). That isn't a homer perspective--it is the FACTS (the statistics). Quit making your team look bad by blaming it on the Refs (most were from the far west by the way--which I can also prove on paper).

Yea i apologize for the campbell catch cause i just watched the replay. But there are several calls in the game the refs screwed up. I also think you should have some class and admit the officating was bad. There was supposely a helmet to helmet contact that you can clearly see there wasnt because it was a shoulder pad. I also must say Beechwood gets away with more holding calls than anyone i have seen. You can wine and cry all you want but the true matter is the game was poorly called.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I knew it was going to come eventually ......

I also am glad you like watching my post. Yes I congrad Beechwood on there 11th title and for having a great team but turnovers is what makes the games and as i said earlier in the year after watching the Beechwood and Con Cath game they werent that good and this game showed it. IF you come out and play physical with Beechwood then you can beat them. IF the O played better then Hazard would of won this game. But since you like reading my posts in such why dont you tell me what all Beechwood returns next year?
Good Job Hazard
bac2369 Wrote:I also am glad you like watching my post. Yes I congrad Beechwood on there 11th title and for having a great team but turnovers is what makes the games and as i said earlier in the year after watching the Beechwood and Con Cath game they werent that good and this game showed it. IF you come out and play physical with Beechwood then you can beat them. IF the O played better then Hazard would of won this game. But since you like reading my posts in such why dont you tell me what all Beechwood returns next year?

First--read my post again .. and you will see where I said that the officiating was bad for BOTH teams. And if I didn't say it .. I will say it now--the OFFICIATING FOR BOTH TEAMS STUNK!!!!!!! Honestly .. it was one of the worst officiated games that I can remember .. and that says a lot.

bac--I love tracking down your posts--simply because you make things easy.

As far as being physical with Beechwood? What game were you watching?

Hazard ONLY moved the ball through the air. (And did that well in the 2nd half). I just think that it is amusing that you absolutely refuse to see the truth in things. Which again--is not just disrespectful to Beechwood--but it is disrespectful to your team as well. From where I sat (more like stood) both teams were pretty freaking physical. I can't see where either one was more physical than the other.

If you don't believe that ... then look up the rushing statistics (where physical is usually judged). You will see that Hazard struggled to move the ball ... Beechwood moved the ball at will with a running back who should not have been on the field due to injury. Again--that is not my opinion--it is FACT (backed up by statistics).

Again--Hazard did a heck of a job--and were very disciplined. They should be commended. They were the 2nd best team in Class A ... and that isn't such a bad thing.

As far as what Beechwood has coming back? I will answer that with one word: PLENTY.

The last thing that I want to address for anyone is who is listening .. Beechwood NEVER overlooked Hazard. I know that some of you wanted to hope that the were ... but again--I have a feeling that Beechwood has been around the block more than a few times. They understand what happens when you overlook good teams. That was probably one of the bigger insults that I read of the course of the last few months (that and the comment about the Crittenden County Game score looking misleading because their QB was knocked out of the game--anyone who actually was there know that Beechwood's starters played one series in the 2nd half--and it could have been 100 to 0). Beechwood is NOT going to overlook you. They don't disrespect you because you are from the mountains .. so GET OVER that thought. It makes you sound bad. Someday ... you will realize that that huge chip on your shoulder is so heavy that it holds you back.

In closing ... the Bulldogs did a great job. The two best teams were in the state championship. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by speaking bad of Beechwood .. but I can assure you ... they are not going anywhere in the near future. Good luck to the Bulldogs in 2009. We hope to see you again.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:First--read my post again .. and you will see where I said that the officiating was bad for BOTH teams. And if I didn't say it .. I will say it now--the OFFICIATING FOR BOTH TEAMS STUNK!!!!!!! Honestly .. it was one of the worst officiated games that I can remember .. and that says a lot.

Hazard ONLY moved the ball through the air. (And did that well in the 2nd half). I just think that it is amusing that you absolutely refuse to see the truth in things. Which again--is not just disrespectful to Beechwood--but it is disrespectful to your team as well. From where I sat (more like stood) both teams were pretty freaking physical. I can't see where either one was more physical than the other.

If you don't believe that ... then look up the rushing statistics (where physical is usually judged). You will see that Hazard struggled to move the ball ... Beechwood moved the ball at will with a running back who should not have been on the field due to injury. Again--that is not my opinion--it is FACT (backed up by statistics).

Again--Hazard did a heck of a job--and were very disciplined. They should be commended. They were the 2nd best team in Class A ... and that isn't such a bad thing.

As far as what Beechwood has coming back? I will answer that with one word: PLENTY.

The last thing that I want to address for anyone is who is listening .. Beechwood NEVER overlooked Hazard. I know that some of you wanted to hope that the were ... but again--I have a feeling that Beechwood has been around the block more than a few times. They understand what happens when you overlook good teams. That was probably one of the bigger insults that I read of the course of the last few months (that and the comment about the Crittenden County Game score looking misleading because their QB was knocked out of the game--anyone who actually was there know that Beechwood's starters played one series in the 2nd half--and it could have been 100 to 0). Beechwood is NOT going to overlook you. They don't disrespect you because you are from the mountains .. so GET OVER that thought. It makes you sound bad. Someday ... you will realize that that huge chip on your shoulder is so heavy that it holds you back.

In closing ... the Bulldogs did a great job. The two best teams were in the state championship. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by speaking bad of Beechwood .. but I can assure you ... they are not going anywhere in the near future. Good luck to the Bulldogs in 2009. We hope to see you again.

I guess you are another one on here that go by the numbers. Hazard stop Beechwood when they need to. to keep them in the game. This is a game Beechwood sould have won by 30 points. what happen to them. I guess Beechwood is over-rated. That was way Beechwood was on its 4th RB at one point of the game. How many fumbles did #44 have in the game, and how many time did they take him off the field.
You had a great season Hazard. Nothing to hand your heads over.
bac2369 Wrote:I have finally made it back from Louisville. I want to congradulate Beechwood on there 11th title. This game could of went either way. The Michael Campbell catch in the endzone was in i dont care what the ref say. I normally do not complain about the officating but this game was given to beechwood. I also do agree that the game could of been much worse than expect but it wasnt. But Congrads to Hazard on a great season and too the seniors I am sorry but atleast you made school history.

I guess every school has a few or sometimes more fans like this, but Hazard certainly has their share. I bet to some, the Dawgs have never lost a game in school history, they were cheated in the ones they come up short in. In fact, the first time I heard the saying "not defeated, just cheated was back in the 80's after a hazard game.

I saw the replay, this was not a bad call. The bottom line should be that Coach Dixon, the staff and especially this group of young men should be proud on the accomplishments they had. They had a real nice run and competed at the highest level and made the mountains proud.
brain cramp Wrote:I guess every school has a few or sometimes more fans like this, but Hazard certainly has their share. I bet to some, the Dawgs have never lost a game in school history, they were cheated in the ones they come up short in. In fact, the first time I heard the saying "not defeated, just cheated was back in the 80's after a hazard game.

I saw the replay, this was not a bad call. The bottom line should be that Coach Dixon, the staff and especially this group of young men should be proud on the accomplishments they had. They had a real nice run and competed at the highest level and made the mountains proud.

That tell use how old you are. I might be 5 or 6 what that happen. It was Hazard vs PRP. That just made them there 2 or 3 lose of the season. I know what team they play, but other then that. I go by what people tell me.
[quote=cj2561]That tell use how old you are. I might be 5 or 6 what that happen. It was Hazard vs PRP. That just made them there 2 or 3 lose of the season. I know what team they play, but other then that. I go by what people tell me.[/QUOTE

I dont understand your point. How does it matter how old you were? I was only refferring to fans in general, regardless of age.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:First--read my post again .. and you will see where I said that the officiating was bad for BOTH teams. And if I didn't say it .. I will say it now--the OFFICIATING FOR BOTH TEAMS STUNK!!!!!!! Honestly .. it was one of the worst officiated games that I can remember .. and that says a lot.

Hazard was physical with Beechwood all game and 4 turnovers showed it. I agree with you both teams were physical with each other. I agree the two best teams duked it out for the title and my team came up short. Also who will be the key returner to the team. I believe the quarterback matt rigdon and Joe Colosimo will be the key returners to this team next year. None of my post are speaking bad of beechwood. All my posts show and states if the game was called fairly and not so horrible the game could of ended up different. Beechwood is by far the best Disiplined teams i have ever seen and I give credit to such a great coaching staff. It would be nice for Hazard to make it back next year but I believe LCA will be too much for everyone next year.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard was physical with Beechwood all game and 4 turnovers showed it. I agree with you both teams were physical with each other. I agree the two best teams duked it out for the title and my team came up short. Also who will be the key returner to the team. I believe the quarterback matt rigdon and Joe Colosimo will be the key returners to this team next year. None of my post are speaking bad of beechwood. All my posts show and states if the game was called fairly and not so horrible the game could of ended up different. Beechwood is by far the best Disiplined teams i have ever seen and I give credit to such a great coaching staff. It would be nice for Hazard to make it back next year but I believe LCA will be too much for everyone next year.

Bac--I appreciate your posts--and we are on the same page.

I want to be clear--by no means am I saying that Hazard should be happy with getting beat. But--when they look back on things--those kids should be able to look theirselves in the mirror and say that they did everything that they could have done. It sounds like both of us agree that the officiating was horrible on both sides. In the end--it basically balanced out.

As far as who Beechwood has coming back--and who the key players will be--it is hard to say at this point. I know it looks like Rigdon and Colosimo--but--at this point who knows what role they will play next year. (Not that there will be any huge changes)--but the coaching staff could move these guys around to different spots depending on the needs of the team (IE: Brady Slusher moving from TE/OLB to OT/DE/DT).

CJ--if you want to say that Beechwood is over-rated--please feel free. But--then that means that Hazard isn't all that good either (which I disagree with).

If I were a Hazard fan--I would say that Beechwood wasn't overrated at all--matter of fact--I would be pretty freaking proud that I went toe-to-toe with a heck of a football--and had a chance to win the game. Like I said before--you aren't doing anything but trashing your own team--or proving that you had a low opinion of them to begin with.

As far as #44 goes ... all I will say is this .... Bac/myself had a discussion about this a month or so ago. And in the end ... the kid was hurt. Badly. And he shouldn't have been on the field. The fact that he was able to even remotely run is a testament to his toughness. There were a lot of people who were right about the situation--we just didn't feel the need to let everyone know how bad the situaiton was. That makes me a liar--which I am fine with. But in the end--it probably protected him a little bit.

BAC--also .. don't be so quick to think that LCA is going to run away with things. That is the same thing that people said last year when they almost knocked Beechwood off in the finals. They had a boatload coming back. Yet ... they couldn't stop anyone. At this level--defense wins championships--and LCA had a hard time stopping teams. There is no reason to think that they will drastically improve just because they have a bunch of the same guys coming back (who were good at stopping people).

Hazard--you did a great job. As I said before, the two best Class A teams played on Friday. Remember--build on that. You don't need a bunch of returning players each year to be great. You need kids who are committed to the goal of winning the state championship.

Here is hoping that we see you again down the road.
As I have said in previous posts, I am extremely proud of this Hazard team. We faced one of the best 1A teams in the state and came up only 7 points short of a victory. And on top of that, we held them scoreless for the entire second half! How many 1A teams can make that statement? Not many! Our coaches and players have given the fans some wonderful memories and we will take them with us well into the future...as Bulldog fans! I also want to say thanks to all the fans that followed this team through thick and thin, cold and hot to reach the finals! It was well worth it, and we will be there again next year, regardless of the outcome. In closing, let me say, thanks for the memories!
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Bac--I appreciate your posts--and we are on the same page.

I want to be clear--by no means am I saying that Hazard should be happy with getting beat. But--when they look back on things--those kids should be able to look theirselves in the mirror and say that they did everything that they could have done. It sounds like both of us agree that the officiating was horrible on both sides. In the end--it basically balanced out.

As far as who Beechwood has coming back--and who the key players will be--it is hard to say at this point. I know it looks like Rigdon and Colosimo--but--at this point who knows what role they will play next year. (Not that there will be any huge changes)--but the coaching staff could move these guys around to different spots depending on the needs of the team (IE: Brady Slusher moving from TE/OLB to OT/DE/DT).

CJ--if you want to say that Beechwood is over-rated--please feel free. But--then that means that Hazard isn't all that good either (which I disagree with).

If I were a Hazard fan--I would say that Beechwood wasn't overrated at all--matter of fact--I would be pretty freaking proud that I went toe-to-toe with a heck of a football--and had a chance to win the game. Like I said before--you aren't doing anything but trashing your own team--or proving that you had a low opinion of them to begin with.

As far as #44 goes ... all I will say is this .... Bac/myself had a discussion about this a month or so ago. And in the end ... the kid was hurt. Badly. And he shouldn't have been on the field. The fact that he was able to even remotely run is a testament to his toughness. There were a lot of people who were right about the situation--we just didn't feel the need to let everyone know how bad the situaiton was. That makes me a liar--which I am fine with. But in the end--it probably protected him a little bit.

BAC--also .. don't be so quick to think that LCA is going to run away with things. That is the same thing that people said last year when they almost knocked Beechwood off in the finals. They had a boatload coming back. Yet ... they couldn't stop anyone. At this level--defense wins championships--and LCA had a hard time stopping teams. There is no reason to think that they will drastically improve just because they have a bunch of the same guys coming back (who were good at stopping people).

Hazard--you did a great job. As I said before, the two best Class A teams played on Friday. Remember--build on that. You don't need a bunch of returning players each year to be great. You need kids who are committed to the goal of winning the state championship.

Here is hoping that we see you again down the road.

I might not be saying nothing on here about him being hurt. You can tell that he was hurt when Beechwood play P-Burg. He didn't look the same as he did on TV again Cov Cath. The games that i watch Beechwood play this year, they didn't show me nothing. I am saying that Beechwood is over-rated because, everyone was saying that Beechwood would beat Hazard by 30+ points. If Hazard could have got the O going. With the way the D play. Hazard would have beat them by 3 TDS.
cj2561 Wrote:I might not be saying nothing on here about him being hurt. You can tell that he was hurt when Beechwood play P-Burg. He didn't look the same as he did on TV again Cov Cath. The games that i watch Beechwood play this year, they didn't show me nothing. I am saying that Beechwood is over-rated because, everyone was saying that Beechwood would beat Hazard by 30+ points. If Hazard could have got the O going. With the way the D play. Hazard would have beat them by 3 TDS.

I shouldn't even waste my time ... but hopefully you do realize the following:

*That if Beechwood wouldn't have put the ball on the ground--it very likely would have been 42 to 7. (And if you look at 3 out of the 4 turnovers--there wasn't ANY interaction from Hazard at all--the Beechwood players just dropped the ball)

*That when you talk about Beechwood not being that good and being "overrated"--you are basically saying that Hazard isn't that good either. Either of which is false.

As far as 44 goes ... all I will say is this ... his injury happened on the last play of the game (that he was in) during the 3rd quarter. Meaning--there is no way that you could tell that he was hurt earlier in the game (especially when he had a boatload of yards).

To me ... your rant is pretty typical .... your team got beat ... and instead of realizing that the better team won (even when they put the ball on the ground that often), you decide to say that they were overrated. Well ... I call BS. If you want to say that Beechwood played sloppy ... you would be correct. But go look at the stats .... it doesn't take a genius to see who controlled the game.

The last time that I checked--it takes a pretty good team (one that is not OVERRATED) to over come that MANY MISTAKES against a good team like Hazard. Yet, they did.

So keep bashing away ..... you are only making things that much easier for next time around. Someday ... maybe you may learn that Beechwood isn't overrated, the refs don't cheat for them, that maybe they are physical, that they have respect for "mountain" teams, that they don't overlook teams .. and maybe, just maybe .. that your insults just result in bad karma for you.

You don't win 11 state championships, 10 in the past 17 years, 3 in the last 5 years by disrespecting your opponents, cheating, recruiting or any of the other outlandish things that you have posted. Success breeds success--combined with hard work, focus and solid coaching. It may serve you well to realize that some day.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I shouldn't even waste my time ... but hopefully you do realize the following:

*That if Beechwood wouldn't have put the ball on the ground--it very likely would have been 42 to 7. (And if you look at 3 out of the 4 turnovers--there wasn't ANY interaction from Hazard at all--the Beechwood players just dropped the ball)

*That when you talk about Beechwood not being that good and being "overrated"--you are basically saying that Hazard isn't that good either. Either of which is false.

As far as 44 goes ... all I will say is this ... his injury happened on the last play of the game (that he was in) during the 3rd quarter. Meaning--there is no way that you could tell that he was hurt earlier in the game (especially when he had a boatload of yards).

To me ... your rant is pretty typical .... your team got beat ... and instead of realizing that the better team won (even when they put the ball on the ground that often), you decide to say that they were overrated. Well ... I call BS. If you want to say that Beechwood played sloppy ... you would be correct. But go look at the stats .... it doesn't take a genius to see who controlled the game.

The last time that I checked--it takes a pretty good team (one that is not OVERRATED) to over come that MANY MISTAKES against a good team like Hazard. Yet, they did.

So keep bashing away ..... you are only making things that much easier for next time around. Someday ... maybe you may learn that Beechwood isn't overrated, the refs don't cheat for them, that maybe they are physical, that they have respect for "mountain" teams, that they don't overlook teams .. and maybe, just maybe .. that your insults just result in bad karma for you.

You don't win 11 state championships, 10 in the past 17 years, 3 in the last 5 years by disrespecting your opponents, cheating, recruiting or any of the other outlandish things that you have posted. Success breeds success--combined with hard work, focus and solid coaching. It may serve you well to realize that some day.

I know what i saw. The O-line can't tackle the D-line, that is HOLDING. I got the KHSAA rules book right here. The ref let beechwood run 35 to 40 secs off the clock and didn't call nothing. That one delay of game call on Hazard take 20 sec off the clock. Do you want to keep going on, about all the calls that Beechwood got. There is alot that i can name.
Hazzard played great i was pulling for them the whole way
Great year Hazard