Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Johnson Central play smaller schools?
Amped 88 Wrote:They have the same open dates and JC won't play.

I believe you can only play 10 regular season games. The schedule is already made.
AmazingFan Wrote:I believe you can only play 10 regular season games. The schedule is already made.

lol this is true!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:You are who that you have this much info. It is easy to say something on here and not actually know what you are talking about. Do you really think that Bell co. could beat JC. ROTFLMAO. Did you even go to the scrimmage? A scrimmage is a scrimmage but you could easily see who the better team was. over 400+ yards rushing given up by your starts and I bet you guys didn't even have 100 yards rushing. It is alright to a little basis by let be real here. I would also call you on your bluff that JC won't play Bell co.

You are not calling anyones bluff. And I was there don't read too much in to a scrimmage. HHas JC ever beat Bell in a game?
Amped 88 Wrote:You are not calling anyones bluff. And I was there don't read too much in to a scrimmage. HHas JC ever beat Bell in a game?

What ?
And in 06 we beat RockCastle with ease and they beat bell so?
TooFast Wrote:And in 06 we beat RockCastle with ease and they beat bell so?

Didn't know that it worked that way. Man I gues that Bell has won about 4 or 5 state titles then. They have been beat by the eventual stat champs so I guess that they would have won them if they beat them.
Amped 88 Wrote:Didn't know that it worked that way. Man I gues that Bell has won about 4 or 5 state titles then. They have been beat by the eventual stat champs so I guess that they would have won them if they beat them.

U asked if JC had ever beat bell and i simply stated that in 06 which was my senior year, we beat Rock and Rock beat bell so? i dont kno the history of the 2 but thas the only time i know of the 2 ever getting close to playing one another. Jc would beat Bell this year simply put start a poll if u would like and im almost positive that everyone else feels the same way!
TooFast Wrote:U asked if JC had ever beat bell and i simply stated that in 06 which was my senior year, we beat Rock and Rock beat bell so? i dont kno the history of the 2 but thas the only time i know of the 2 ever getting close to playing one another. Jc would beat Bell this year simply put start a poll if u would like and im almost positive that everyone else feels the same way!

You can put anything that you want and people can say what they want but they didn't play and that is what counts. You still didn't answer my question has JC ever beat Bell or has Matney ever beat Bell?
TooFast Wrote:U asked if JC had ever beat bell and i simply stated that in 06 which was my senior year, we beat Rock and Rock beat bell so? i dont kno the history of the 2 but thas the only time i know of the 2 ever getting close to playing one another. Jc would beat Bell this year simply put start a poll if u would like and im almost positive that everyone else feels the same way!

Now back up and read this real slow. I just told u that idk if they have ever beat them nor do i care. JC is the better team this year hands down! If they were to play JC would come out on top simple enough!
TooFast Wrote:Now back up and read this real slow. I just told u that idk if they have ever beat them nor do i care. JC is the better team this year hands down! If they were to play JC would come out on top simple enough!

Whatever it can't be proven. You still haven't answered my questions I geuss it is just as easy to ignore them.
Sorry guys I did no want this to turn into a fight. I just wanted to know why they played smaller teams. I got my answer. Thanks.
IF JC played Bell Co.
JC- 42
Bell- 21.
Old School Eagle Wrote:Sorry guys I did no want this to turn into a fight. I just wanted to know why they played smaller teams. I got my answer. Thanks.
IF JC played Bell Co.
JC- 42
Bell- 21.

Good call and this guy keeps wanting me to answer his ? but i already have twice but do u have any clue if JC has ever beat Bell or if coach MATNEY ever has cause hes really wanting to know and i have no clue?
TooFast Wrote:Good call and this guy keeps wanting me to answer his ? but i already have twice but do u have any clue if JC has ever beat Bell or if coach MATNEY ever has cause hes really wanting to know and i have no clue?

The answer is no, JC has not. Once got close, lost a 13-10 miserable heartbreaker in the second round of the playoffs on Log Mountain in maybe the coldest, nastiest game I've ever sat through. Central was up 10-7 (no, we didn't kick a FG; we had a touchdown, the two-point conversion, and a safety) with a few minutes left when Mike Bowlin got injured and then we had to punt and Bell ran repeatedly right over the spot when Bowlin would have been to score the game-winning TD. Played them a few more times, I think all in the playoffs, and all were beat down of varying degrees by the Bobcats.

Central would have a very hard time winning against Bell this year in a real game. Not that it would be a picnic for Bell either, but the game would be very competitive.
Diogenes Wrote:The answer is no, JC has not. Once got close, lost a 13-10 miserable heartbreaker in the second round of the playoffs on Log Mountain in maybe the coldest, nastiest game I've ever sat through. Central was up 10-7 (no, we didn't kick a FG; we had a touchdown, the two-point conversion, and a safety) with a few minutes left when Mike Bowlin got injured and then we had to punt and Bell ran repeatedly right over the spot when Bowlin would have been to score the game-winning TD. Played them a few more times, I think all in the playoffs, and all were beat down of varying degrees by the Bobcats.

Central would have a very hard time winning against Bell this year in a real game. Not that it would be a picnic for Bell either, but the game would be very competitive.

That was a great year. The game that stands out to me that year was when we played SC at Inez. Down 10 or 13 cant exactly remember with little time remaining when JC score, kicked the onside and recovered, then scored again. An absolute brawl errupted, one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Had Bowlin not went down JC probably would have won that game. The very next week, Belfry laid a beat down on Bell Co., a team JC played competitive in the regular season.
Old School Eagle Wrote:Sorry guys I did no want this to turn into a fight. I just wanted to know why they played smaller teams. I got my answer. Thanks.
IF JC played Bell Co.
JC- 42
Bell- 21.

You need to look at the records of JC"s Opponents and Bell's Opponents
Then decide who has played the tougher schedule. It amazes me how a group of fans base a scrimmage on whether they could beat another school. You do have the score predicted accurately I think the only difference would be the winner.
hwy 58 Wrote:You need to look at the records of JC"s Opponents and Bell's Opponents
Then decide who has played the tougher schedule. It amazes me how a group of fans base a scrimmage on whether they could beat another school. You do have the score predicted accurately I think the only difference would be the winner.

You have got to be kidding me. Bell has a MUCH easier schedule than JC. It amazes me how ignorant some people are about the game.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Bell has a MUCH easier schedule than JC. It amazes me how ignorant some people are about the game.

Again look at the win-loss records of each teams opponents. Its easy to do on Khsaa website

Last couple of weeks will hurt Bell's strength of schedule but first 7 weeks Bell played Whitley, Rock, Knox, Sheldon Clark, check the combined record of these 4.
Coach Matney has stated he will play anyone, anytime that will play a home-home series. There are few takers. This should end this thread. Most smaller schools who have played Central have commented it will be a game that gets them ready for the playoffs.
hwy 58 Wrote:Again look at the win-loss records of each teams opponents. Its easy to do on Khsaa website

Last couple of weeks will hurt Bell's strength of schedule but first 7 weeks Bell played Whitley, Rock, Knox, Sheldon Clark, check the combined record of these 4.

The two best teams in the mountains play Friday night at Eagleville case closed!
oneijoe Wrote:I suppose the thread could go negative, but it doesn't have to.

It's simple geography. The closest equal size school to Central is Ashland and the Tomcats are in the same district. The next closest same-sized schools are also in-district.

There are literally NO 6A size high schools east of Winchester in the state.

For the Eagles to play schools of the same size, looong trips become necessary. And that, as BlackcatAlum pointed out, is problematic because those schools don't need to travel to fill their schedules.

There's precious little Johnson Central can do about any of this.

:o

Win a state title and they will be knocking on your door.
sstack Wrote:Win a state title and they will be knocking on your door.

Not quite... ask Belfry how many teams have been knocking on your door. It is easy to have everyone knock on your door when you are the next door neighbor, but when you live down a long country road that's too far to walk it is a little different.

Geography DOES play a big part.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:IMO JC could beat beechwood, would be a great game tho.

You better think JC could blowout Beechwood if you are going to have a chance to beat Highlands.
charlie22 Wrote:While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, based on my observation of Beechwood (which is only one scrimmage and a review of the Beechwood vs CovCath game I'll admit), I'm not sure I agree with the comment about what 5A schools could beat Beechwood. Having seen Highlands play Hopkinsville, I feel strongly that Hopkinsville could beat Beechwood. Based on my review of the O'boro vs Hoptown tape, O'boro could beat them. I haven't seen Johnson Central, but if they are as good as advertised, they could probably beat Beechwood. There are other schools like Christian County that would probably beat them too. As a 1A school, Beechwood suffers heavily from depth issues; an issue that should not be a problem for the better 5A schools. Please don't misinterpret my comments as disrespect for Beechwood's team or program. Not even close to my intent. They will probably win 1A again this year. But its a big, big leap from being the best 1A school to being able to beat the better 5A schools (and I don't mean just the best 5A programs). JMO and you very well may be right.

I am from NKY and like to see Beechwood win, but you are right on with what you said. Hopkinsville would have little problem beating them.
IMO: (1) JC is better than Bell Co. this year. (2) JC will not beat Highlands this year. (3) JC could beat Beechwood this year, but it would be one of their tougher games.
I've watched JC play all season, it doesn't seem like these schools are very small. I know that 1A, 3A, etc.. is what most consider small, but these schools have some very good players.
Seriously why dont they play Bell County or Lexington Cath. or Madison Central who would give them some competition actually