Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold backs
what do you think about players holdin back when there younger.. i'm personaly against it
nothing wrong with it...as long as its legal (which it is) im fine with it
it may give them an edge in some things, but isnt sports all about getting edges on people to win?
if holding back is what it takes, i would do it
if i wasnt older i would hold back
I think it's stupid to make a kid go through the same grade a year, just so he can have an athletic advantage.
Agreed with The Godfather.
I know some families that have done it to their straight A sons to give them better advantages and basketball....I think that its stupid.
Well...I'm sure the son had some say in it. I personally wouldn't just because I wouldn't want to spend another year in school.....

But isn't it a lot like Red Shirting. So you can have another year to get better and get an edge?
I was held back in the 6th grade at Pikeville and it was the best decision I have ever made up to this point in my life. There was 96 in my graduating class and I think 14 were holdbacks..
Prestonsburg's QB David Shaffer was held back in 8th grade. He went to Paintsville his 8th grade year then got held back and went to Prestonsburg again in 8th grade. And I think he has some advantages from it.