Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two-A-Days have started!
The roughest weeks in football season has started it is rough on the players but also good for them as well!!! Whats your opinion on how Two-A-Days affects the team and players both???
Can someone update the amount of players out for Lawrence Co. ?
2 and 3 a days. 2 physical 1 film -walk thru
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
barlow Wrote:Can someone update the amount of players out for Lawrence Co. ?

I can't say with alot of confidence that there are more than last year. Looks like about 45 kids top end. Just a guess. We don't seem to be overwhelmed by numbers though.
As a player, I absolutely hate 3 a days but they make the team better.

2-a-days don't bother me much, but 3-a-days are terrible.
Meaty Wrote:As a player, I absolutely hate 3 a days but they make the team better.
2-a-days don't bother me much, but 3-a-days are terrible.

Absolutley agree on both terms. I hate 3-a-days with a passion.
Thanks lawrencefan
The numbers should improve after baseball and maybe after school starts.
barlow Wrote:Thanks lawrencefan
The numbers should improve after baseball and maybe after school starts.

A pretty good source told me that they were going to have about 70 out, so that would be pretty good.....
Those numbers would be GREAT!
Just hoping someone would pump new life into a program that's dropped
in the last few years.
I'm sure LC has the players just getting them out and committed to putting
LC back on top.
two-a-days help out alot, more time with the team, they get closer. know the o and d better. and more time to get ready for friday nights, which on any given night no matter who is playing, all former players get chills walking into any high school stadium the smell does not leave the field. ahh friday nights.
CONTACT PRACTICE EQUIPMENT REMINDER
No football gear, other than a helmet, can be worn until the first allowable day for contact practice. The first date for contact practice (where anything other than the helmet may be worn) is August 1, unless school starts at a time to allow an earlier start. The chart below gives clear detail on when anything other than the helmet can be worn.
First date of School for Student Body/First allowable date for contact practice with any equipment other than a helmet
July 31 July 22
August 1 July 23
August 4 July 24
August 5 July 25
August 6 July 28
August 7 July 29
August 8 July 30
August 11 July 31
August 12 and later August 1
Some teams are not having multiple practices a day. Will that weaken their season? Does it really benefit the teams that much?
Highlands doesn't start 2 a days till the first week in Aug. This first week back after dead period has been spent on conditioning. Next week they begin more field practice. Run thrus and such.
I remember two a days...hated em at the time but miss em now...lol