Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville-104 Johnson Central-75
The Guru Wrote:I was impressed with the fan section as well tonight!!! Kicked butt there as well!
Although our school is less than half the size of Central, I do believe our pep section was louder and much more enthusiastic. One of the largest turnouts we've had in a long time!
Uncle Buck Wrote:It was Danny Johnson and Brian Johnson on the set tonight, I don't think Spike was there. Danny was the main guy and Brian was the one that made that comment. I talked to someone at the game and he said that he though that Shane shoved him but that was it.

Even if that was all that happened you still don't get ejected. You get a technical foul which is what they gave Grimm. Had he threw a punch then yes, it would have called for an ejection.
PVille_Fan Wrote:Although our school is less than half the size of Central, I do believe our pep section was louder and much more enthusiastic. One of the largest turnouts we've had in a long time!

That's good to hear, glad to see it gettin back to the way it use to be when the Arms twins were in school. Now you guys gotta do that at EVERY game like they did. You'd be suprised what that does for the players.
Grimme did get tangled with him and when Grimme started trying to get free, he slung him to the ground. It was a deserved "T". But, Walker and Webb took control of the game. They hit Welch with an intentional foul soon after and things calmed down.
See what had happen was or what i saw was grimm and whitiker were tangled up and grimm kinda shoved him b/c he had ahold of his arm and thats all the ref saw so grimm got the T
Congrats Tigers!
Congrats to the Tigers! No big surprise tonight. All of the Tigers played very good ball tonight. I'd give them an A- on the game (excluding the 3rd quarter) in which they seemed to go to sleep. Landon shot the lights out, especially in the 1st and 2nd quarter. Grimm was awesome in the paint. Blake did great at distributing the ball and had some good shots. JD nailed some wide open shots and hit the boards, and Murray hit some good shots and played great D. JC played well, but just don't have the talent this year to match up with Paintsville's seniors. They never gave up though which is good, but it really didn't matter in this game.

The Tiger basketball team was great, the Cheerleaders for both schools were alright, the Eagle pep band was good, the student sections for both schools were good (edge goes to Paintsville).
Congrats Tigers. I figured it would be a closer game than this.
About what I expected! Congrats Tigers!
Great game by the tigers!! Awesom pep section! This is the team we have been wating to see for a while now.
WOW. I thought P'ville would win, but did not expect this. It looks like there is Paintsville then 4 other teams in the 57th this year. Big slap in the face for JC.
Super-Card Wrote:WOW. I thought P'ville would win, but did not expect this. It looks like there is Paintsville then 4 other teams in the 57th this year. Big slap in the face for JC.

Well, I think the Eagles are big enough to take it for one year! This group of Tigers deserved to win and will continue to win all the way to Rupp if they can keep it up and go injury free!
OffTheHook Wrote:Grimme did get tangled with him and when Grimme started trying to get free, he slung him to the ground. It was a deserved "T". But, Walker and Webb took control of the game. They hit Welch with an intentional foul soon after and things calmed down.

Not that it matters, but don't they always?Wink
Vanhoose used to be Paintsville's second best scorer, but Grimm has obviously taken over that role...
Congrats Tigers!
Eagle Eye Wrote:Well, I think the Eagles are big enough to take it for one year! This group of Tigers deserved to win and will continue to win all the way to Rupp if they can keep it up and go injury free!
Does that mean everyone they play deserves to lose?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Does that mean everyone they play deserves to lose?
I think they were talking about that if the Tigers keep playing the way they are, that they will win and deservedly so. But if a team can't keep pace with the Tigers play, thren yea....I guess they would deserve to lose....lol
congrats central!
HoRnEt4EvEr Wrote:congrats central!
Huh???:confused:
Good win for the tigers..i thought it would be like this
Eagle Eye Wrote:Not that it matters, but don't they always?Wink

This is true. I was listening when Johnnie hit the PCC Coach at your girl's game the other night with 0.2 sec left. He's very generous. Big Grin
Great job by the Tigers. Really came out playing great. Played well on both ends in the 1st half. Landon was deadly all night, and Grimm really came up big in the post. Great effort by all of the Tiger players last night. Best of luck to JC the rest of the year.