Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be violence in Miami on June 13th?
What does everyone think?

I don't expect too much trouble tomorrow, but trust me, chaos is coming down the pike. The only hope is that the GOP wakes up and cuts the cord with Trump and the radical portion of his desciples and, instead does what's  best for the country, and that may be too little, too late. Confused
naaaaaa I think the Heat knew they were gonna lose the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
What did I miss? Another unarmed "insurrection" with MAGA hat wearing FBI agent participation?
(06-12-2023, 09:52 PM)The Outsider Wrote: What does everyone think?

I don't expect too much trouble tomorrow, but trust me, chaos is coming down the pike. The only hope is that the GOP wakes up and cuts the cord with Trump and the radical portion of his desciples and, instead does what's  best for the country, and that may be too little, too late. Confused

Your spelling and incorrect application of the word 'disciples' is as far off as your ridiculous political analysis. Try to get this fact through your head--- the explosion of liberalism in this land is responsible for the late day rash of so-called, 'unrest.' Further, because liberal adherent's default beliefs deny the existence of God, they therefore reject His code of morality which, they want to entirely supplant with their own. Ultimately because they can control the workings of government, in lieu of of God's authority over their lives they rather prefer governmental authority, which of course by one means or another they can shape in their own image. That way you see men answer to themselves, not God. Altogether a rather cozy self perpetuating delusion of reality in my view. And though the left most assuredly do prosecute their rejection of God's authority in the political arena, the chaos coming has not one thing to do with government; it has to do with good versus evil. The mess we're in is spiritual in nature, end of story.

And as the depraved spectacle recently seen in Dodger Stadium clearly indicates, it is already too little and too late. Trump's viewpoints and substantive style of governance was inclusive, not exclusive. And is undeniably backed up by the US public record of state, which was consistently similar right up until the unfortunate example of Bill Clinton.

Finally know this, God desires that all men would become disciples of Christ so that He may give them eternal life. That's why He allowed His only Son to die His sacrificial death on the cross for the sake of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^I agree with everything but the characterization of Trump's style governance as "substantive." IMO, a multitude of Executive Orders and a revolving door to executive "leadership" posiitions in government are not hallmarks of a substantive style of governance. I despise Obama and disagreed with virtually everything that he did as president but his style of governance was much more substantive than Trump's. 

The only major lasting change that Trump left after four years in office was a more conservative Supreme Court, which I consider a major accomplishment. Otherwise, Trump's presidency was mostly ineffective. Obama delivered on his promise of lasting change - change that heavily damaged the future of our society. Trump could not even get funding for a border wall, despite GOP control of Congress for two full years.

I cannot believe the number of Republicans who still support Trump for a second term. Americans should not vote for candidates out of pity, and at this point I see no other reason to support Trump over any other Republican candidate.
sub·stan·tive
adjective

1.  having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable.

Hoot you're a thoughtful man and I respect you. But when all of government stand against a sitting President to include the existing bureaucracy, and the entirety of the Party of opposition, let alone the sitting Republican Majority Leader in the person of Mitch McConnell and the Republican Speaker of the House in the person of Paul Ryan AND, all of main stream media: Then that President has a governing problem on his hands unlike anything in my lifetime or the last 150 years for that matter. I mean, I remember how excited people like Steve Scalise and Jim Jordan were when Trump won the presidency. There was a spirit of expectation.

Trump was a pragmatist left to his own devices by the very government sworn to subservience under his leadership according to the people's will. I didn't like the EO's either but we did see the last glimpses of the founder's spirit of freedom under his watch. That said I agree that his legacy and any likely effective future in government (in all aspects) has been shredded. I sincerely doubt a second term would even rise to the level of his first chaotic term. Further, I worry that no Republican President in the unlikely event of his election, will be able to govern after the fashion of previous presidents for the foreseeable future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-17-2023, 03:07 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: sub·stan·tive
adjective

1.  having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable.

Hoot you're a thoughtful man and I respect you. But when all of government stand against a sitting President to include the existing bureaucracy, and the entirety of the Party of opposition, let alone the sitting Republican Majority Leader in the person of Mitch McConnell and the Republican Speaker of the House in the person of Paul Ryan AND, all of main stream media: Then that President has a governing problem on his hands unlike anything in my lifetime or the last 150 years for that matter. I mean, I remember how excited people like Steve Scalise and Jim Jordan were when Trump won the presidency. There was a spirit of expectation.

Trump was a pragmatist left to his own devices by the very government sworn to subservience under his leadership according to the people's will. I didn't like the EO's either but we did see the last glimpses of the founder's spirit of freedom under his watch. That said I agree that his legacy and any likely effective future in government (in all aspects) has been shredded. I sincerely doubt a second term would even rise to the level of his first chaotic term. Further, I worry that no Republican President in the unlikely event of his election, will be able to govern after the fashion of previous presidents for the foreseeable future.
I respect you, TRT, but I disagree with most of what you said. Trump was a very ineffective president. I don't understand why anybody would want the GOP to nominate him for a second term. More importantly, I do not believe that no Republican could have done better than Trump did in his first term and I also don't believe that no Republican candidate is better qualified for the presidency in the 2024 campaign. If Trump is the answer, then this country is in serious trouble.

I will never vote for a Democrat for president, especially a Democrat who very possibly has pocketed bribes from foreign governments but if my only alternative is Trump, I will regret having to vote for him in 2024 more than I regretted voting for McCain and Romney. Trump made no lasting impact in any area other than his Supreme Court nominations in four full years, and I would be shocked if he performed any better if he is given another four-year term. It is time for him to retire from politics.
(06-17-2023, 12:30 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^I agree with everything but the characterization of Trump's style governance as "substantive." IMO, a multitude of Executive Orders and a revolving door to executive "leadership" posiitions in government are not hallmarks of a substantive style of governance. I despise Obama and disagreed with virtually everything that he did as president but his style of governance was much more substantive than Trump's. 

The only major lasting change that Trump left after four years in office was a more conservative Supreme Court, which I consider a major accomplishment. Otherwise, Trump's presidency was mostly ineffective. Obama delivered on his promise of lasting change - change that heavily damaged the future of our society. Trump could not even get funding for a border wall, despite GOP control of Congress for two full years.

I cannot believe the number of Republicans who still support Trump for a second term. Americans should not vote for candidates out of pity, and at this point I see no other reason to support Trump over any other Republican candidate.

Trump has cost the GOP 3 straight elections that they should have won.  There are several Republicans who can easily defeat Biden, and Trump is not one of them.
(06-18-2023, 10:26 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(06-17-2023, 12:30 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^I agree with everything but the characterization of Trump's style governance as "substantive." IMO, a multitude of Executive Orders and a revolving door to executive "leadership" posiitions in government are not hallmarks of a substantive style of governance. I despise Obama and disagreed with virtually everything that he did as president but his style of governance was much more substantive than Trump's. 

Trump has cost the GOP 3 straight elections that they should have won.  There are several Republicans who can easily defeat Biden, and Trump is not one of them.
Most, if not all of the other Republican candidates can easily defeat the traitor in the White House. Even a candidate as flawed as former President Trump should have an excellent shot at defeating a traitor in a fair election, even if Biden's crooked DoJ manages to convict Trump in a politically motivated criminal case. It would be embarrassing if Republicans nominate Trump to run against Biden, but it would be even more embarrassing to Democrats if Americans elect Trump to a second term if he wins the election from a prison cell.

Obama, Biden, and the Democrats have turned this country into a banana republic.