Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Johnson Central 21
(11-21-2022, 10:38 PM)Hound05 Wrote: God I love this block button haha. It works almost as good as when the hounds beat LCC and it shut a few individuals up. You’ll have to speak up hoot, I can’t hear you….

You're a good cook. You just roasted some imitation ham (fake hind end).
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-21-2022, 10:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: If we’re gonna continue all this could I finally find out who exactly serves the best chili bun, I’ve been dying for one ever since this nonsense started….
Dixon’s market!  I wish there was an emoji to describe my mood. It’s like a CD on repeat that keeps skipping over and over and you finally hit it, and it starts playing the smoothest tune you could imagine. 

what would that emoji be? ? ? ? ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • TD Hounds
You all realize the ref crew who called this game was the exact same crew who called the LCC game in the second round, right? I think if they really were conspiring to keep the good people of Corbin down and make their team lose, they probably wouldn’t have gotten the assignment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PurelyASpectator's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(11-21-2022, 11:41 PM)PurelyASpectator Wrote: You all realize the ref crew who called this game was the exact same crew who called the LCC game in the second round, right? I think if they really were conspiring to keep the good people of Corbin down and make their team lose, they probably wouldn’t have gotten the assignment.

You had to switch personalities to say that. Seek help.
(11-21-2022, 11:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: If we’re gonna continue all this could I finally find out who exactly serves the best chili bun, I’ve been dying for one ever since this nonsense started….
Dixon’s market!  I wish there was an emoji to describe my mood. It’s like a CD on repeat that keeps skipping over and over and you finally hit it, and it starts playing the smoothest tune you could imagine. 

what would that emoji be? ? ? ? ?

Did India buy that market yet?
(11-22-2022, 12:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 12:06 AM)PurelyASpectator Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 11:41 PM)PurelyASpectator Wrote: You all realize the ref crew who called this game was the exact same crew who called the LCC game in the second round, right? I think if they really were conspiring to keep the good people of Corbin down and make their team lose, they probably wouldn’t have gotten the assignment.

I….don’t know what that means. I’m not someone you’ve been arguing with that is using an alt account. Just an observer chiming in. I do find it funny how Corbin fans think the refs had it out for them, then conveniently overlook calls that went their way. Like the clipping call that moved Corbin inside the 10, the field goal that was called good that by all accounts looked like it hooked no good, and the same ref everyone hated who talked to Coach Greer and told him he could take the automatic first down instead of the field goal and allowed Corbin to score a TD after a roughing the kicker penalty. I know as a fan, it’s hard to look at a game objectively, but everyone needs to take a breath and admit to themselves that the refs really don’t care who wins and get paid by the home team regardless of who comes out on top.

I think it's funny that you and your alter ego like each other's posts. You definitely need to visit the nervous hospital.
I guess ignoring evidence is a way to go. I know these things because I’m a ref in the 13th who was at the game. The crew (white hat Joe Tamme) is based in Somerset. Reading through the replies here, and having watched the replay, I can address some of the plays you all are concerned about. 1. Roughing the snapper. The ref who made that call was the umpire, who in a 7 man crew, is in the backfield with the white hat instead of next to the linebackers. Looking at the tape, a Corbin player lines up over the center, then attempts to swim move around, but contacts the center while his head was still down in a defenseless position. It wasn’t much, but by the letter of the law, it was a correct call. 2. The face mask on the goal line. That ref was the only one who had a view of what happened. He was staring down directly at it, so I’m betting it was pretty obvious. I saw him talking with Greer and it looks like he was saying the Corbin player grabbed the opening of the helmet and pulled/twisted. I can’t confirm that since I was just looking at them talking from a distance, but if that was what he was saying, it’s a correct call. 3.  Holding that brought the touchdown back. Pretty obvious grab and turn in the running gap. Good call. After that, I’m pretty sure that ref didn’t have any other calls except for some false starts. Pretty terrible for a ref who obviously wanted to screw Corbin.
Who said anything about them trying to make us lose?

Hey do you guys remember those NBA refs who were fixing games for point spreads? That was something, but its completely unrelated to this topic. (That was sarcasm for those .01% of folks who can’t tell) 

but if these were the same refs who called the LCC fame- and I have no reason to believe you’re wrong- they were pretty bad then too. Not as bad or as noticeable I don’t guess when there is a clock going. But LCC was the King of holding. This game was just a little ti coincidental, but it’s fine. They didn’t cost us the game or anything, but they wouldn’t be my first choice if had no team involved. There’s good and bad teams, players, coaches, just like there are good and bad refs. I know how hard it is. I’ve done it. But that also gave me some insight into what some do. Go look at the loyd mem thread. They had some bad officials as well. But they didn’t get their panties all up in a wad. Not saying you did, because I see what you are trying to say. But there’s more than just win/lose in some of these games. But a few pass over every
Compliment that I gave to Johnson centrals football team and pick out the one thing, spin it around in their head, and take it as an attack one the football team. I know right? I think officials still get scored on games. Not sure what all they look for, but I’d give these guys a C- on both games. They also missed several PI’s that Corbin committed on LCC. 

*please note, this caller has activated his noise canceling earphones. Spam and hypocritical post cannot viewed. If you think this is in error, please PM PjDoug with the title “smoked hind end” for further assistance. If this is an emergency please call the local hospital and transferred to the Trillium center. If you are allergic to this type of treatment, please don’t take and call your doctor immediately. Mild reactions have occured. Some side effects have been present, including elevated stress and blood  pressure, irritability, delusional thoughts among others. In extreme cases mental breakdowns have occured. Do not take this post seriously if you are currently taking any stimulants, have had previous heart conditions or had a history of bipolar Disease, paranoia, or delusion thoughts, as
it may make it worsen.
(11-22-2022, 12:29 AM)PurelyASpectator Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I….don’t know what that means. I’m not someone you’ve been arguing with that is using an alt account. Just an observer chiming in. I do find it funny how Corbin fans think the refs had it out for them, then conveniently overlook calls that went their way. Like the clipping call that moved Corbin inside the 10, the field goal that was called good that by all accounts looked like it hooked no good, and the same ref everyone hated who talked to Coach Greer and told him he could take the automatic first down instead of the field goal and allowed Corbin to score a TD after a roughing the kicker penalty. I know as a fan, it’s hard to look at a game objectively, but everyone needs to take a breath and admit to themselves that the refs really don’t care who wins and get paid by the home team regardless of who comes out on top.

I think it's funny that you and your alter ego like each other's posts. You definitely need to visit the nervous hospital.
I guess ignoring evidence is a way to go. I know these things because I’m a ref in the 13th who was at the game. The crew (white hat Joe Tamme) is based in Somerset. Reading through the replies here, and having watched the replay, I can address some of the plays you all are concerned about. 1. Roughing the snapper. The ref who made that call was the umpire, who in a 7 man crew, is in the backfield with the white hat instead of next to the linebackers. Looking at the tape, a Corbin player lines up over the center, then attempts to swim move around, but contacts the center while his head was still down in a defenseless position. It wasn’t much, but by the letter of the law, it was a correct call. 2. The face mask on the goal line. That ref was the only one who had a view of what happened. He was staring down directly at it, so I’m betting it was pretty obvious. I saw him talking with Greer and it looks like he was saying the Corbin player grabbed the opening of the helmet and pulled/twisted. I can’t confirm that since I was just looking at them talking from a distance, but if that was what he was saying, it’s a correct call. 3.  Holding that brought the touchdown back. Pretty obvious grab and turn in the running gap. Good call. After that, I’m pretty sure that ref didn’t have any other calls except for some false starts. Pretty terrible for a ref who obviously wanted to screw Corbin.
I guess you just missed the part where their ends and tackles were wrapping #6 and #4 up by the head. Or the white hat purposely turning his head when he is supposed to key on QB.I know there’s pretty much a penalty on every play. But if they are going to call it by “letter of the law” it needs to go both ways. But what it comes down to is your opinion on it and mine. Neither one of us are right. I’m saying it was of awfully coincidental, you don’t think so. But like I said the first post about this, it’s a big coincidence at those key moments. Im hoping it wasn’t on purpose and you’re right. But I can’t be for sure either way.
(11-22-2022, 12:56 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 12:29 AM)PurelyASpectator Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote: You had to switch personalities to say that. Seek help.

I guess you just missed the part where their ends and tackles were wrapping #6 and #4 up by the head. Or the white hat purposely turning his head when he is supposed to key on QB.I know there’s pretty much a penalty on every play. But if they are going to call it by “letter of the law” it needs to go both ways. But what it comes down to is your opinion on it and mine. Neither one of us are right. I’m saying it was of awfully coincidental, you don’t think so. But like I said the first post about this, it’s a big coincidence at those key moments. Im hoping it wasn’t on purpose and you’re right. But I can’t be for sure either way.
Criticizing the white hat for ball watching is a fair assessment. However, holding is a whole other beast. It’s the most subjective call in all of football, and one ref’s hold is another’s good block. For as many times as you say 6 and 4 were getting held, I could easily dissect tape and find just as many times Corbin held. It just is what it is. As a ref, I hear a sideline yell for holding on 75% of plays. After a while, you just ignore it. Also, your ‘letter of the law’ counter argument doesn’t work here. Roughing the snapper is a safety issue; holding isn’t. That’s why they’re officiated differently.  If Corbin is lucky enough to make it to state, you had better temper your expectations on getting holding calls, especially if you play Boyle. 
And as far as ‘coincidental calls on big plays’, I promise you that no ref thinks about what down it is when he calls a face mask or a hold in the first half. If they see it, they throw it. You may get a ref who eats his flag during a crucial play in the 4th Q, but not the first half.
Ok, I shut this thread down after deleting approximately 14 posts. It's the second Corbin-Johnson Central thread I have personally shut down in the last few days. There was another thread shut down by another administrator yesterday. Guys, there is way too much trolling. Football season is almost over. Let's play nice.