Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 42 East Carter 26
Final from Grayson.
How about them bulldogs?? EC finally ran into a team!!! Great job by both teams!!
Good win LC
LC came out strong in first half and cruised in the 2nd. EC didn't give up, though. Both teams are capable of making a run in the playoffs. Dylan Ferguson is a beast!
Congratulations LC!!!
I said all week that LC was more physical and they proved it. I thought LC was a couple scores better and they were. EC is a good football team, LC is just better. Big win!
LC Zein district while you can- Belfey is young!!! Go Dawgs!
The refs for this game were horrible! Glad Dawgs able to pull this off! Great game!
Was “Mr. Magoo” refffing the game- last name starts with Mc?
Congratulations to LC I got this one right
This one surprised me. Good win bulldogs!
I guess we learn from this that Lawrence is legitimately good, East Carter hadn’t played anyone yet so they’re not what they were hyped up to be, Greenup may be a pretty good team as well, Lawrence has a chance against Belfry this year, and the East, Greenup, Russell, Ashland district is going to be some great games this year.
I think they have more than a chance, I think they are the best team in the district
[-] The following 1 user Likes lcgrad2002's post:
  • 16thregioner
Lawrence county is a good team. I traveled to Grayson to see for myself how good. They have a very good team but I’ll have to say some true words here. They get to many unsportsmanlike penalties called. Discipline is lacking. Talent is not. This will cost them in playoffs. Late hits trash talking is not needed. Let score and your play do the talking. 1 player ejected. Watched 1 come over to EC side line and say things that should had him ejected. Talent again not lacking they showed they are a top team in east but just need to clean up act some.
(09-24-2022, 10:28 AM)Truewords Wrote: Lawrence county is a good team. I traveled to Grayson to see for myself how good. They have a very good team but I’ll have to say some true words here. They get to many unsportsmanlike penalties called. Discipline is lacking. Talent is not. This will cost them in playoffs. Late hits trash talking is not needed. Let score and your play do the talking. 1 player ejected. Watched 1 come over to EC side line and say things that should had him ejected. Talent again not lacking they showed they are a top team in east but just need to clean up act some.
That goes both ways….there were several players on EC punching players while they were down and others grabbing players sac while they were down being tackled. I agree there are things that need to be addressed, not just LC. The Refs were horrible called nothing on EC even with wide open views! And you talk about sportsmanship….one of their coaches was just about thrown out by the cops for threatening and trash talking number 3 (a kid)!
You hit a true note there. LC lacks composure and it is bound to cost them if not taken care of.
Vicious defense, but let the hits speak.
And I still think Belfry is the favorite in this district. But 3A will belong to CAL. They’re very good.
It’s easy when it’s a game like that to be caught up in emotions. Several things need to be cleaned up and I’m sure the coaches know that. Proud of the defense and the intensity they played with last night.
(09-24-2022, 01:58 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I think they have more than a chance, I think they are the best team in the district
None of the players on either team were alive the last time LC beat the Pirates. A lot of confidence for 2 decades of L’s.
Haha that’s like saying this LC team shouldn’t have any confidence because of that.
(09-24-2022, 02:12 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Haha that’s like saying this LC team shouldn’t have any confidence because of that.
It’s the same thing every year from y’all haha. All talk and no wins. Baseball is right around the corner tho!
Actually, basketball is right around the corner and all of those losses in the past mean absolutely nothing. It’s called the past for a reason. It’s all in good fun.
(09-24-2022, 12:20 PM)TripleD Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 10:28 AM)Truewords Wrote: Lawrence county is a good team. I traveled to Grayson to see for myself how good. They have a very good team but I’ll have to say some true words here. They get to many unsportsmanlike penalties called. Discipline is lacking. Talent is not. This will cost them in playoffs. Late hits trash talking is not needed. Let score and your play do the talking. 1 player ejected. Watched 1 come over to EC side line and say things that should had him ejected. Talent again not lacking they showed they are a top team in east but just need to clean up act some.
That goes both ways….there were several players on EC punching players while they were down and others grabbing players sac while they were down being tackled. I agree there are things that need to be addressed, not just LC. The Refs were horrible called nothing on EC even with wide open views! And you talk about sportsmanship….one of their coaches was just about thrown out by the cops for threatening and trash talking number 3 (a kid)!
Only made post because I think Lawrence can make a run in playoffs. Don’t think EC can get past Lawrence or Belfy. The winner of that game is best in east. This year is the only time I believe the game is a toss up. But if Lawrence has a kid or 2 not playing because of suspension then that tilts it to Belfry.
(09-24-2022, 03:10 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 12:20 PM)TripleD Wrote:
Only made post because I think Lawrence can make a run in playoffs. Don’t think EC can get past Lawrence or Belfy. The winner of that game is best in east. This year is the only time I believe the game is a toss up. But if Lawrence has a kid or 2 not playing because of suspension then that tilts it to Belfry.
I agree they need to work on penalities and learn to keep their head when it counts, but thats hard to do when ref are not calling against the opposite team?! Pullimg cheap shots, getting your balls grabbed everytime your tackled is ridiculous!

And one more thing that really boggles my mine is why would you not go for the 1st down when you are 4 and 1 and you have a guy that can punch in 4 yards easily?! I dont get it
Because they had not had much success running the ball would be my guess.