Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 54 Waverly 7
Final

Congratulations Golden Eagles!!
I left at halftime. It was very one sided. :-)
Congratulations to Johnson Central
Johnson Central Nice!!! Congratulations!!
Congrats JC!
I got to hear more about this one... sounds like every game they just get a little stronger and stronger..Id say by the sounds of it, its all down hill now!!
There were a lot of positives offensively in this game for JC. Mason Lawson is starting to look more like the running back from a couple of years ago. At one point he had over 75 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards.

The passing game has been non-existent but Grim was able to 3/3 for 95 yards last night so that is encouraging. JC doesn’t have to beat anybody with the arm but it needs to be a wrinkle that teams must prepare for.

Freshmen Logan Music is going to be an X-factor on this team. He was able to have 3-4 really nice runs on offense and had a pick 6 on defense. If he continues to improve it gives JC another weapon.
Logan Music is definitely not playing like a freshman. He looked very good against Ironton and his number is getting called in critical situations.

I am not sure, but I think that last night's game was the first game since the loss last year to Rock Creek Academy when at least one JC running back did not rush for 100 yards. Unofficially, none of JC's running backs rushed for more than 80 yards last night. If Grim continues to pass effectively and JC continues to show a balanced running attack, it will cause playoff opponents problems on defense.

I remember when JC losing its top running back would end its chances of competing for a state title. Hopefully, JC will not lose any more players to injury, but I think that Logan Music could step into a starting role if necessary without weakening the offense noticeably. It is sure nice to see so much depth at the running back position.

Does anybody know the extent of Carter Conley's injury and whether he will be returning this season?