Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County 40 Russell County 35 *( Watch the video) ESPN STUFF
Casey scored with 10:55 left in the fourth quarter to go up 34-14.  Russell Co. scores within 2 minutes to make it 34-21.  Russell Co. recovers the onside kick and scores with 4:43 left in the game 34-28.  Russell Co. kicks another onside kick and recovers it.  Russell runs it in with 35.9 seconds remaining in the game and makes it 34-35.  Russell County kicks in thru the endzone and Casey starts at their own 20.  The Rebels throw 3 consecutive incomplete passes and its fourth down and Ethan Willoughby throws a tunnel screen to Gunner Floyd and he takes it 24 yards and plus tack on 15 yards for a late hit by Russell Co.  Casey runs the same play again and gets it down to the 29 yard line with 3.7 seconds remaining.  Ethan Willoughby throws a hail mary and Nate Goode jumps up and catches his only pass of the game to win it in dramatic fashion 40-35 as time expired.  Casey ran on 32 plays to Russell County's 74.  Amazing finish!!!

Here is a link to watch the final play

https://fb.watch/frNrTemtW9/
[-] The following 3 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • Hound05, Nygfan106wins, smoke1015
Incredible ending. Casey has to get more consistent. IMO, Larue is better than Russell and Casey dismantled them. Maybe a style matchup thing? And I'm not putting Rockcastle down, but being totally unbiased, that should have been a 2 score win for Casey at least. I think this is a case of a team that is just now getting used to winning again.
Here is a view from the stands of the last play

[-] The following 2 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • Bull got out!, smoke1015
Are you serious! This is ESPN stuff!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rip/Spin, smoke1015
What an ending
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Rip/Spin
I think most here are football fans, in general or wouldn't post here. Casey is not a powerhouse traditionally. But I know people here also understand every man who played the game and becomes alum, or a fan who just latches on, long time coaches, etc.. you develop a pride in small things. This one was crazy to see. We had never had a win with a last second play like that, I don't think, ever. Especially one with 3 seconds remaining and a 30 yard heave to a high jumper! Coach Steve Stonebraker, wherever he goes will bring success if you have any amount of talent. This was special for a ball team that was winning, a lot, just 3 years ago, and is learning to win again. Great video Rip/Spin!
[-] The following 2 users Like smoke1015's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rip/Spin