Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Henderson County
7.14%
Boyle County
92.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henderson County @ Boyle County 9/09
Henderson County will travel to Boyle County this Friday.

Henderson County (2-0)
Aug 19, 22 Calloway County home (W) 61 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Christian County away (W) 43 - 14

Boyle County (3-0)
Aug 20, 22 Madison Consolidated, IN at Mercer County (W) 50 - 2  Little Caesars Ft. Harrod Bowl
Aug 27, 22 Bryan Station home (W) 36 - 12  Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 2, 22 Danville home (W) 41 - 7

Series Per KHSAA
Sep 10, 2021 Boyle County 48 Henderson County 14
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...676a656543

Thoughts?
HC is a 6A school that by looking at scores is a very good team. I know that Calloway County is weak, but Christian Co. is usually a good team. They are putting a lot of points on the scoreboard. They will have their work cut out against the Boyle defense though. I think Boyle will win 42-7.
Boyle 49
Henderson 07
This game will go a long way for the #1 seed in 4A

Boyle County 50
Henderson County 21
Henderson returns several starters from last season and should be a solid 6A team. They'll battle Daviess Co for top spot in 6A D1 (they get my vote as slight favorite). Their first 2 games can be tossed out when considering this matchup. Calloway Co is awful (just lost to Fulton Co) and Christian Co is way down again this year too. Rest and health are the primary advantages they got from those games in preparation for Boyle Co.

Last year the Colonels looked like they might be able to hang around for awhile. It was a decent first half, then Boyle made some defensive adjustments and took complete control of the game including a scoop and score.

Henderson Co has the potential to make a good showing here. They have two nice RBs and usually have some beef on the lines with a solid run defense. So, I don't expect the Rebels to push them around like they did their first three opponents. That doesn't mean Boyle can't win by a large margin again this year. Bodner and Boyle's new toy from Garrard will be a handful for the Colonels, and they should have success in the passing game too. Henderson will need to control the ball with long drives, play near mistake-free, and get a couple of turnovers to have any legitimate shot at an upset on the road.

It's an intriguing matchup, and should tell us more about Henderson than Boyle at this point in the season. (especially if the Rebels aren't yet to full health as some have stated)
Boyle County has a tougher schedule in the upcoming weeks. They have an away game at 5A Bowling Green and another away game at Lexington Catholic. Hope they get healthy in a hurry.
Henderson wins come against teams that only have 1 win between them. They are in for a rude awakening Friday night. Lots of fire works. Boyle by 36
(09-04-2022, 05:46 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Henderson returns several starters from last season and should be a solid 6A team. They'll battle Daviess Co for top spot in 6A D1 (they get my vote as slight favorite). Their first 2 games can be tossed out when considering this matchup. Calloway Co is awful (just lost to Fulton Co) and Christian Co is way down again this year too. Rest and health are the primary advantages they got from those games in preparation for Boyle Co.

Last year the Colonels looked like they might be able to hang around for awhile. It was a decent first half, then Boyle made some defensive adjustments and took complete control of the game including a scoop and score.

Henderson Co has the potential to make a good showing here. They have two nice RBs and usually have some beef on the lines with a solid run defense. So, I don't expect the Rebels to push them around like they did their first three opponents. That doesn't mean Boyle can't win by a large margin again this year. Bodner and Boyle's new toy from Garrard will be a handful for the Colonels, and they should have success in the passing game too. Henderson will need to control the ball with long drives, play near mistake-free, and get a couple of turnovers to have any legitimate shot at an upset on the road.

It's an intriguing matchup, and should tell us more about Henderson than Boyle at this point in the season. (especially if the Rebels aren't yet to full health as some have stated)

"Boyle's new toy" is a phrase that some may not care for.  I understand how many don't care for Boyle and they have had a handful of players move into the community to play for them.  I know a guy that calls them the Central Ky Rebels.  I just think you could have used a better phrase.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
Boyle wins 42-14. Henderson is better than last, but Boyle is still Boyle.
I’m going Boyle 38-14,with this one being close for a half. I’m told Boyle has one senior that will be back this week but the other 4 are out to late in the year.
(09-05-2022, 12:34 AM)BEChargers Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 05:46 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Henderson returns several starters from last season and should be a solid 6A team. They'll battle Daviess Co for top spot in 6A D1 (they get my vote as slight favorite). Their first 2 games can be tossed out when considering this matchup. Calloway Co is awful (just lost to Fulton Co) and Christian Co is way down again this year too. Rest and health are the primary advantages they got from those games in preparation for Boyle Co.

"Boyle's new toy" is a phrase that some may not care for.  I understand how many don't care for Boyle and they have had a handful of players move into the community to play for them.  I know a guy that calls them the Central Ky Rebels.  I just think you could have used a better phrase.

Wow.... If so, they'd be way too sensitive because it wasn't a pot shot. I appreciate your concern on how I phrase my thoughts though.
(09-05-2022, 05:17 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

Wow.... If so, they'd be way too sensitive because it wasn't a pot shot. I appreciate your concern on how I phrase my thoughts though.

Really don't care if it's a shot at Boyle....I see those all of the time.  If I were that young man or his family it seems as though it's inferring he is someone's possession to be played with.
OMG!!! Please quit, you sound woke or trying to cause some bull over a nothing statement. I'm done, carry on
I'm as far from "woke" as you can get. You disparaged the young man, not me.
Boyle comfortably.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-05-2022, 05:33 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: OMG!!! Please quit, you sound woke or trying to cause some bull over a nothing statement. I'm done, carry on

Try just owning what you say instead of deflecting.  Geez.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(09-05-2022, 05:33 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: OMG!!! Please quit, you sound woke or trying to cause some bull over a nothing statement. I'm done, carry on
Terrible comparison of a player that works hard for everything/his success and a great young man to a "new toy."
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • Jack Lambert

BYE
You guys are a real bunch. Since you all want to pile on and get your panties in a wad I'll try to convey this one last time.

I "own" what I said, its just wasn't in the manner nor did it have anywhere close to the meaning you fools are trying to make it. No matter how you try! You people are the exact reason all this garbage goes on in our country today. Heaven forbid someone think a "new toy" is a bad thing. You all really should get a job in the media with this uncanny ability to spin words into conflict.

Just using the words "owning" & "deflecting" says more about you than me, geez

For the rest of the readers, sorry for the interruption in the game thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
(09-06-2022, 10:21 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: You guys are a real bunch. Since you all want to pile on and get your panties in a wad I'll try to convey this one last time.

I "own" what I said, its just wasn't in the manner nor did it have anywhere close to the meaning you fools are trying to make it. No matter how you try! You people are the exact reason all this garbage goes on in our country today. Heaven forbid someone think a "new toy" is a bad thing. You all really should get a job in the media with this uncanny ability to spin words into conflict.

Just using the words "owning" & "deflecting" says more about you than me, geez

For the rest of the readers, sorry for the interruption in the game thread.

Ok man you said what you said. This is a highschool student. You need to pick your words carefully in this day and time. I'm inviting you to the boyle game this Friday. We can have a talk and meet this fine young man.Please come and I'll meet you in the parking lot and pay your way in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Hatz

I wouldn’t worry about it. They use to say the same about us. Kid went to where he thinks he can succeed. HS football is about the KIDS. 

boyle by about 30 and they could do it even if they let their toy stay in the box.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Glory_Days
I think Boyle County will win by at least a couple scores if not much more.
True Pioneer,

1) "Ok man" could be deemed as disrespectful by some. See what I did there, not fun is it?
2) We all know its a high school student athlete. I did nothing to disrespect him, nor his teammates, nor his family. Just because you think so, doesn't make it true.
3) I don't need to pick my words carefully when my words have no malice. In this day and time? What I said had no malice in 1975 (pick any year) either.
4) I'll politely refuse your condescending offer.
5) I am certain by your unsolicited responses here, I have no interest in ever meeting you or talking with you. Same for your other pile on buddies.
6) As for the young man, I don't know him or any other BC player. I'm sure they are all fine young men. I didn't make this about him... you guys did that by overreacting.
7) I don't need you to pay for anything I own now, or in the future. Are you "inferring" that I'm socio-economically challenged? Again, not fun is it?

Use that money to buy a wah-mburger for Hatz & HurryUp1001

(09-07-2022, 01:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

I wouldn’t worry about it. They use to say the same about us. Kid went to where he thinks he can succeed. HS football is about the KIDS. 

boyle by about 30 and they could do it even if they let their toy stay in the box.

;)
(09-07-2022, 02:32 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: True Pioneer,

1) "Ok man" could be deemed as disrespectful by some. See what I did there, not fun is it?
2) We all know its a high school student athlete. I did nothing to disrespect him, nor his teammates, nor his family. Just because you think so, doesn't make it true.
3) I don't need to pick my words carefully when my words have no malice. In this day and time? What I said had no malice in 1975 (pick any year) either.
4) I'll politely refuse your condescending offer.
5) I am certain by your unsolicited responses here, I have no interest in ever meeting you or talking with you. Same for your other pile on buddies.
6) As for the young man, I don't know him or any other BC player. I'm sure they are all fine young men. I didn't make this about him... you guys did that by overreacting.
7) I don't need you to pay for anything I own now, or in the future. Are you "inferring" that I'm socio-economically challenged? Again, not fun is it?

Use that money to buy a wah-mburger for Hatz & HurryUp1001

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(09-07-2022, 01:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Wink
Is there a free livestream for this one tonight?
17-17 Boyle driving early in 4Q
Boyle 31-17 late 4th