Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 24 Pikeville 19 Final
I was surprised to see Corbin be the more "physical" team. What I was expecting after reading on here all week pikeville would push them around on both sides of the ball.
(08-20-2022, 09:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 09:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 07:49 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 05:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 05:36 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: Anyway to watch a replay of this game that anyone knows of?

Smile I'll have to get up with you at the Whitley game..... I have some of it recorded..... Id say if T107.3 would download you a copy, you migh get it that way....

(08-20-2022, 05:51 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Bull, Tell this young man how many times I asked about him.

At least 5 or 6 times PjDoug kept asking if Patriot was coming over while we were talking. But we will catch him down the road, hopefully Pikeville and Corbin continue this series......
I was just kidding PJDoug and Bull I should have come over but I didn’t exactly know how to ask where the Bull is (and that in itself would have been funny) to a bunch of strangers. Maybe one day we will all meet up and hang around for awhile
I waited too long to go over there after some of you had stopped replying. I met Bull pretty quickly though. I enjoyed meeting him, but asked him to give me a chance at pick em. I know I beat him on one pick last night, but he got me on other picks.

I spotted everyone this week, Hoot jinxed me last year......I think I am officially PJDoug roasted on Pick em for week 1.  Smile

(08-21-2022, 12:43 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 04:33 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I wanted to talk to Jet, but he was afraid I'd talk trash, and avoided me. lol
You know Jet he was flying high and solo

I'm a little person, so I'm hard to see.
I watched the tape again  with no alcohol in my bloodstream.

1. Corbin was a little better on both sides of the ball
BUT
2. Pikeville on offense fought with one arm tied behind their back.
No carries for Caudill who had 4 carries for about 200 yards and a TD vs Raceland in the playoffs last year and SV in the scrimmage last week
No carries for Anthony who punishes people
No carries for C Wright who kills people and was one of the top RBs in his class from Jr High on

People complained most of last year that the vanilla offense would get them beat
A few said they weren’t showing their cards until the playoffs

But these are their cards
A running QB a passing QB and a RB that has 10 guys keying on him with all the other great weapons sitting on the shelf won’t beat excellent teams or win 1A this year.

People break down tape and adjust
They know what is coming from Pikeville offense
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Obviously they won a State Championship last season so it's hard to complain but the offensive play calling last year was very vanilla for a large part of the season and that was with a D1 QB who is probably the best to play at Pikeville in a very long time.

I was hoping they would have someone new calling the plays on offense this season.
(08-21-2022, 08:50 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Obviously they won a State Championship last season so it's hard to complain but the offensive play calling last year was very vanilla for a large part of the season and that was with a D1 QB who is probably the best to play at Pikeville in a very long time.

I was hoping they would have someone new calling the plays on offense this season.
Pretty sure Mac calls the plays so don’t think your going to get your wish on that one.
(08-21-2022, 08:55 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 08:50 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Obviously they won a State Championship last season so it's hard to complain but the offensive play calling last year was very vanilla for a large part of the season and that was with a D1 QB who is probably the best to play at Pikeville in a very long time.

Pretty sure Mac calls the plays so don’t think your going to get your wish on that one.

They had a new OC last season and it was noticeably more vanilla than the previous seasons or atleast it seemed to be.

LoL but if Mac calls the plays then I have complete confidence in him, and no I surely wouldn't want that wish to come true lol.
One observation from the game was noticing when Isaac Duty threw the ball, it was a pass that seemed too soft. At least it seemed that way to me. Duty has a lot of promise and good mechanics for a QB. No criticism at all toward him and he stands in the pocket real well. Just surprised there were no sharp, quicker passes than what we saw. I look forward to seeing both players develop as the season progresses. Imo, Pikeville's best days lie ahead in the playoffs. As for now, playing through this regular monster schedule is going to only make them much better than we think, jmo.
(08-21-2022, 06:29 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: I was surprised to see Corbin be the more "physical" team. What I was expecting after reading on here all week pikeville would push them around on both sides of the ball.

I wasn't. I told some they were underestimating Corbin.
(08-21-2022, 07:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 07:49 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 05:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile I'll have to get up with you at the Whitley game..... I have some of it recorded..... Id say if T107.3 would download you a copy, you migh get it that way....

At least 5 or 6 times PjDoug kept asking if Patriot was coming over while we were talking. But we will catch him down the road, hopefully Pikeville and Corbin continue this series......
I was just kidding PJDoug and Bull I should have come over but I didn’t exactly know how to ask where the Bull is (and that in itself would have been funny) to a bunch of strangers. Maybe one day we will all meet up and hang around for awhile
I waited too long to go over there after some of you had stopped replying. I met Bull pretty quickly though. I enjoyed meeting him, but asked him to give me a chance at pick em. I know I beat him on one pick last night, but he got me on other picks.

I spotted everyone this week, Hoot jinxed me last year......I think I am officially PJDoug roasted on Pick em for week 1.  Smile

(08-21-2022, 04:33 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I wanted to talk to Jet, but he was afraid I'd talk trash, and avoided me. lol

You do know I sent you a shirt and then I probably know your size and I am a little guy too with a head full of hair. Just kidding PJDoug
(08-21-2022, 09:50 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 07:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 07:49 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I was just kidding PJDoug and Bull I should have come over but I didn’t exactly know how to ask where the Bull is (and that in itself would have been funny) to a bunch of strangers. Maybe one day we will all meet up and hang around for awhile

You do know I sent you a shirt and then I probably know your size and I am a little guy too with a head full of hair. Just kidding PJDoug

I wanted to meet you at the game. I hate that i missed you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Patriot1
(08-21-2022, 09:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 06:29 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: I was surprised to see Corbin be the more "physical" team. What I was expecting after reading on here all week pikeville would push them around on both sides of the ball.

I wasn't. I told some they were underestimating Corbin.

Pretty sure I called this before the game, if this bunch will play hard nose physical football they’ll be very hard to beat..
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug