Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NL at Corbin
Good matchup in Corbin tonight, I would expect Reed Shepherd and company will take care of business despite the possible notorious home cooking that Corbin might be getting! LOL, I actually want to believe that the NOTORIOUS home cooking that almost everyone knows went on for many years AT Corbin is not quite as bad as it once was. I want to believe that the new breed of refs in the region make a big effort to call games fairly, I hope they prove me right moving forward. I have to pull against Corbin however! Go Jags  cowboy How about some predictions from some big HS basketball fans in this area, I was told that young Mr. Shepherd might be the first ever 5 star player to play in a game at Corbin HS, maybe some of the Corbin faithful can provide us with some information on that topic. 

My prediction:

NL 84
Corbin 68
Game will be played at North Laurel. North should win in a shootout. Neither teams is very good at defense right now. Lol!!

North Laurel 86
Corbin 80
I will revise my prediction since its at NL

NL 94
Corbin 74
NL 84
Corbin 66
(12-10-2021, 04:37 PM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote:
Good matchup in Corbin tonight, I would expect Reed Shepherd and company will take care of business despite the possible notorious home cooking that Corbin might be getting! LOL, I actually want to believe that the NOTORIOUS home cooking that almost everyone knows went on for many years AT Corbin is not quite as bad as it once was. I want to believe that the new breed of refs in the region make a big effort to call games fairly, I hope they prove me right moving forward. I have to pull against Corbin however! Go Jags  cowboy How about some predictions from some big HS basketball fans in this area, I was told that young Mr. Shepherd might be the first ever 5 star player to play in a game at Corbin HS, maybe some of the Corbin faithful can provide us with some information on that topic. 

My prediction:

NL 84
Corbin 68
Every home gym has “home cooking”. Clay, Knox, north, south, Corbin. Even tho it is not working right away extends to college level. Probably the home fans and the energy that’s at those places get refs to lean that way. Probably subconsciously. I’ve seen Charlie Kirk and Ralph woods back in the day do it at corbin. Then the following week give it right back at us x2 at another gym. 

but you’re probably right about NL winning especially this early in the season. But there’s not another coach who develops a team from the first game of the year to the last like Tony. Later in the year I’d go with Corbin. But don’t think tonight will be their night
(12-10-2021, 08:47 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 04:37 PM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote:

My prediction:

NL 84
Corbin 68
Every home gym has “home cooking”. Clay, Knox, north, south, Corbin. Even tho it is not working right away extends to college level. Probably the home fans and the energy that’s at those places get refs to lean that way. Probably subconsciously. I’ve seen Charlie Kirk and Ralph woods back in the day do it at corbin. Then the following week give it right back at us x2 at another gym. 

but you’re probably right about NL winning especially this early in the season. But there’s not another coach who develops a team from the first game of the year to the last like Tony. Later in the year I’d go with Corbin. But don’t think tonight will be their night

Corbin has some really nice athletes.  As the season progresses, this Corbin squad should be dangerous. Lewellyn is a baller.
Corbin leads 11-8. Llewellyn with 3 3's

Davidson has 4 3's Llewellyn has 3 3's and North Leads 24-21 end of 1.

Correction it's Sizemore with 4 3 pointers for North Laurel

North Laurel leads Corbin High 39-30 at the halftime break.
Keep the updates coming if you will. Thanks
North won something like 81-50.

Sheppard had 4 fouls for most of second half and only had 9 I think. Corbin could not hold onto the ball. North is just that much better right now. Corbin will certainly improve but I think they're a distant 4th right now (actually 4-6 can be debated) behind Knox, Harlan Co, and North Laurel.
Okay hat was the final
Nor sure you can put Harlan County in that top four mentioned above…..although Williamsburg might be making a bid for it….