Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small School Rankings (Class A to AAA)
mysonis55 Wrote:Pikeville also would not be ahead of Beechwood, LCA, Somerset or Etown.

Yeah... no way can I agree with that statement HAHA

Pikeville should have beat Beechwood you can argue and return a good bit more than the Tigers. I don't think Pikeville is head and shoulders better, but if they were both in Class A together I think Pikeville would have the edge on them.

Pikeville also returns a good bit more than LCA does, those two teams played last year and Pikeville won 50-7.

Somerset and Pikeville return about the same amount of talent. Somerset will have a nice team, but just looking at common opponents last year tells the story that Pikeville should have the edge as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yeah... no way can I agree with that statement HAHA

Pikeville should have beat Beechwood you can argue and return a good bit more than the Tigers. I don't think Pikeville is head and shoulders better, but if they were both in Class A together I think Pikeville would have the edge on them.

Pikeville also returns a good bit more than LCA does, those two teams played last year and Pikeville won 50-7.

Somerset and Pikeville return about the same amount of talent. Somerset will have a nice team, but just looking at common opponents last year tells the story that Pikeville should have the edge as well.

Wasn’t Pikeville beating LCA by about 40 at halftime last year? They must have really hit the recruiting trail hard this offseason lol.
If I were ranking them entering the year:
1. Mayfield
2. DeSales
3. CAL
4. Belfry
5. Pikeville
6. Beechwood
7. Bell County
8. Ashland
9. Somerset
10. Raceland
11. Campbellsville
12. Etown
13. Paducah Tilghman
14. LCA
15. Newport Central Catholic
16. Williamsburg
17. Glasgow
18. Murray
19. Taylor County
20. Paintsville
PHSFAN Wrote:Wasn’t Pikeville beating LCA by about 40 at halftime last year? They must have really hit the recruiting trail hard this offseason lol.

Actually the recruiting trail hit them hard LOL

Frederick Douglass took two D-1 linemen from them and a third kid transferred out of state.
I don't agree but I'm old school. PHS always has max students right? As in full to capacity? Could be wrong but isn't enrollment is maxed out every year?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually the recruiting trail hit them hard LOL

Frederick Douglass took two D-1 linemen from them and a third kid transferred out of state.

LoL good point.

I knew Douglass got Parks from LCA, and a few others and that really hurt them last season. Pretty amazing the talent they already have the past few years.

I lnow LCA’s new coach, he will have them back pretty soon though.
Fred Doug poaching players all over Lex and beyond
jetpilot Wrote:I don't agree but I'm old school. PHS always has max students right? As in full to capacity? Could be wrong but isn't enrollment is maxed out every year?

Honestly I have no idea, going by the parking lot though it does seem pretty close to max with the current facilities. I doubt they will get their enrollment up to the 2A level anytime soon but I'm hoping it will happen eventually though I'm probably in the minority. Class A has just been watered down so much since the move to 6 classes. Belfry and Pike Central will probably join Shelby Valley and East Ridge in AA pretty soon and I just think it would be cool to have that as their district opponents.
BellCo18 Wrote:Bell Co beat Somerset at Camp.

Lol no they didn’t. Bell scored early and never moved the ball after.
When healthy and they will be by mid season BELFRY Is #1
PHSFAN Wrote:LoL good point.

I knew Douglass got Parks from LCA, and a few others and that really hurt them last season. Pretty amazing the talent they already have the past few years.

I lnow LCA’s new coach, he will have them back pretty soon though.

Sooner than later! Coach Doug's got them right this year and they are playing a stout schedule!
Breathitt Co. is good but not that good. drop them so 13 IMO. LCA should be better this year then they was last year but they still ain’t a top 15 team. Taylor Co. could beat any squad up to #7 on any night
1-6 very solid! goodluck to my mountain teams this year!!
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Scrimmages are just practice, you know that. These ratings are useless as tits on a boar hog. All in fun.:insane:

Just saying
jumperpride1 Wrote:lol no they didn’t. Bell scored early and never moved the ball after.

🤔🤔🤔🤔
jetpilot Wrote:Fred Doug poaching players all over Lex and beyond

Jealous 😉
PHSFAN Wrote:1. CAL
2. Belfry
3. Mayfield
4. DeSales
5..Beechwood
6. Pikeville
7. Somerset
8. Ashland
9. Raceland
10. LCA

Drop LCA and add Bell Co and I agree but after seeing Ashland and Raceland they may be too low. Pikeville and Raceland is going to be a heck of a game in the playoffs.
As a Raceland fan, I was happy to see our explosiveness against a 5A school that had double our numbers. But I dont wanna put the cart before the horse here. We still have along way to go and have some kinks that need worked out before I think we are on Pikevilles level. The potential is there, but we have alot of new faces in new positions and nowhere near the depth we have had in the past. So I have to wait and see how week 4 goes at Pikeville before I pass that jidgement.
Dline Wrote:Jealous 😉

Nah, I couldn't care less about Lexington football. Mountain football is 100x more fun.
jetpilot Wrote:Nah, I couldn't care less about Lexington football. Mountain football is 100x more fun.

606 is where it happens, football at its finest. GO PANTHERS!!!
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Drop LCA and add Bell Co and I agree but after seeing Ashland and Raceland they may be too low. Pikeville and Raceland is going to be a heck of a game in the playoffs.

Absolutely agree! I'd put Bell in the Top 10, for now. If they lose a game or two with that schedule they have then they drop way down. But for now, IMO, Bell County should be at #10. I like Ashland and Raceland both and both deserve to be Top 10 teams without a doubt. As far as moving them up a little higher, not sure who you'd drop to move them up. Maybe Beechwood? With all they lost, I'm not sure though. But I will say this, if there's one team in all of 1A this year that will give Pikeville a run for their money and possibly beat them it's the Rams of Raceland! Unless they completely fall apart, this team will have alot of success this year.
jetpilot Wrote:You haven't heard one Pikeville fan say they are a lock, and you won't.
Pikeville fans take it one game at a time.

Fair enough. I’m a hazard fan, so sometimes I’m a little biased toward pikeville. Good luck and we’ll see y’all in a few weeks. Hopefully both teams are injury free.
64SUR Ranking

1. CAL
2. Belfry
3. Mayfield
4. DeSales
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. Beechwood
7. Caldwell County
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Glasgow
10. Pikeville
11. Bell county
12. Somerset
13. Newport Central
14. Lexington Christian
15. Ashland
16. Murray
17. Campbellsville
18. Williamsburg
19. Danville
20. Raceland

Bubble teams

Elizabethtown
Taylor County
Shelby Valley
Breathitt County
Paintsville
Pikeville vs Raceland will happen twice this year.
Easy Wind Wrote:The Pikeville hype train is getting out of control. Their fans have always been arrogant, but this year is the worst I have ever seen.
Go to a Paintsville game if you want to experience arrogance at its finest