Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County School System Has Dropped the Ball
PHSForever Wrote:This is TRUE. Go look at the Pikeville vs Phelps game. Several instances where the refs took their flags out and waved them rather than throw them in the mud. Lol

I hadn't even thought of that, but could see why they don't want muddy flags in their pockets. lol
KHSAA should do their job and not allow games to be played on fields that bad. There are fields all over East Ky. that are that bad and worse and they allow playoff and seeded games on them.

That’s stupid
CBDV Wrote:KHSAA should do their job and not allow games to be played on fields that bad. There are fields all over East Ky. that are that bad and worse and they allow playoff and seeded games on them.

That’s stupid

:dudecomeon:
To an extent if its natural than let it go. Alot of mystery rain has shown up to different fields over the years. Muddy fields aren't my issue. My issue is a muddy field due to negligence. If its natural than play in it, but Im also very aware that Somerset who is 1-2 miles from Pulaski High has played the same anount of playoff games with the same weather and their field is not a mud pit. Poor drainage is to blame here and that falls on the school system
Maybe if they moved the game PC would address the drainage issues. Wouldn’t be surprised if the sprinklers were on this week.
itsatrap Wrote:To an extent if its natural than let it go. Alot of mystery rain has shown up to different fields over the years. Muddy fields aren't my issue. My issue is a muddy field due to negligence. If its natural than play in it, but Im also very aware that Somerset who is 1-2 miles from Pulaski High has played the same anount of playoff games with the same weather and their field is not a mud pit. Poor drainage is to blame here and that falls on the school system
I understand your point. Why reward Pulaski school systems if they intentionally neglect the playing field? I get it....but oh well.
I still don’t think any playing surface imaginable gives Pulaski county an advantage
I know that most everyone on here doesn't actually think the KHSAA should step in and move the game but regardless, they can not. If the KHSAA stepped in and moved the game, what's to stop Southwestern or Lincoln from suing the KHSAA for not protecting them from having to play there? It would set a bad precedent moving forward and open a major can of worms. The KHSAA, for all their faults, are not THAT dumb.
Why is it all of a sudden a major issue this season? Pulaski has been notorious for having a muddy field towards the end of the season and they've made it to the state semi final round 5 out of the last 6 seasons. I don't understand why everyone is creating such a commotion this time. When I played in high school, everyone I know always looked forward to playing in the mud. We ran a wishbone offense with 2 backs similar size to Tristan Cox, so it definitely played to our advantage, but everyone still had fun, win or lose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON