Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Womens Player to come out of Kentucky?
Do I, 🤔😂
Megget Wrote:Whitney Creech is the best high school player to come through KY, no doubt

Nice player but she wasn't even the best in her class. You gotta leave the mountains every now and then and watch something other than 14th region basketball.
new o Wrote:Do I, 🤔😂
Yes
Cheezy Wrote:Nice player but she wasn't even the best in her class. You gotta leave the mountains every now and then and watch something other than 14th region basketball.
Maybe you should watch more basketball in the mountains, she still holds all scoring records. Who are you comparing to her??
Megget Wrote:Maybe you should watch more basketball in the mountains, she still holds all scoring records. Who are you comparing to her??

The Kentucky Ms Basketball award went to the best player in her class. When was the last time a 14th region team won a game at the Sweet 16?
Cheezy Wrote:The Kentucky Ms Basketball award went to the best player in her class. When was the last time a 14th region team won a game at the Sweet 16?

I think Creech was the best player, just my opinion. We all know that the best player don't always win Ms ky,lots of politics involved like everything else. Wish you could have seen her play a lot. We are not talking about teams winning lol
Don't forget she has scoring records that might not ever be broke
Lisa Harrison was a huge contributor at UT.
Tara Booth at Highlands was great there and set a ton of records at Xavier and won a couple MVPs overseas.
So much talk about good players and scoring in the same sentence is a big part of most teams problems. If parents are basing their kids POTENTIAL college careers on points they score in high school, there will be a lot of disappointments in their future.
Megget Wrote:Don't forget she has scoring records that might not ever be broke

So did Ervin Stepp, and nobody in their right minds would ever put him in the conversation for best ever.
Cheezy Wrote:Nice player but she wasn't even the best in her class. You gotta leave the mountains every now and then and watch something other than 14th region basketball.

shes not even in the top ten. basketball is more than scoring points. if you were to put any number of girls on a team like Jenkins then they could put up those kind of numbers but the best players win a lot of games. she was a great player but no where near the best ever
by that rational is King Kelly Coleman the best mens player in Kentucky history? didn't he score over 4500 points in 3 years at wayland?
Megget Wrote:I think Creech was the best player, just my opinion. We all know that the best player don't always win Ms ky,lots of politics involved like everything else. Wish you could have seen her play a lot. We are not talking about teams winning lol

You are being sarcastic right? This cant be a serious post.
im with u king commodore
Beth Wilkerson from Paris High School, class of 1979! She won Ky. Miss Basketball and was voted the Hertz's No.1 player in Nation ... if the WNBA was going on back then, she would've been drafted!
Coachinthestands Wrote:We've only had 1 Gatorade national player of the year, Erin Boley.

Of course, I realize that award has not be around since 1975 either!!!

You are incorrect. Jaime Walz was the Gatorade National Player of the Year as well, and the plaque still resides prominently placed in the Highlands trophy case.
Kim Mays Knox Central 1990. Averaged 42 points a game. Went on to Auburn University then transferred to EKU
Kristie Combs by far the best
worker1 Wrote:If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I think Peggy Gay from Buckhorn only got to play one season in 74-75 which is when the KHSAA brought back girls high school basketball. She did score 74 in a single game and her team won the only district title in girls' basketball in school history. She went on to play at EKU and is a member of the EKU Athletic Hall of Fame. Pat Summit once referred to Peggy as being "as good as any player I've seen". Peggy went on to play professionally for the Philadelphia Fox of the WBL. With 4 years of actual high school girls basketball and the exposure opportunities that today's kids have, Peggy would be on the short list of the best girl high school basketball players in KY. history.

Peggy was special. Best player ever from Ky.