Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 15th region tournament bracket
Gsjhe Wrote:The girls program didn't have anything to do with that stuff so I wouldn't quite say that. BUT I do agree that no one got cheated. I was there and a lot of the foul calls were actually fouls. Were they a few that wasn't or could've fallen in the its the postseason let them play category? Yeah but that's the case with every game. The Stanley play was a bad call. Plus in my opinion from my point of view they weren't much there for a technical. Especially to end a career like that. I do think based on that and the games last night the refs need to calm down with the technicals. While I don't think Pike Central or Shelby Valley boys last night got cheated the refs are letting these topics have air by calling these questionable technicals. It obviously made a difference with Stanley and Potter for Shelby Valley last night in my opinion. Again I don't think anyone got cheated out of a ball game. Also im not saying the officials should let the players say or do whatever they want without a Technical. But really they should decide what is necessary and understand this time of the year emotions go a little high. Trash talk will happen and players may complain about a call. Their fighting for there season and seniors for their high school playing career. Let some stuff go.
I understand what you are saying, but where do you draw the line? The more you let go, the worse it gets, which could lead to worse, a big fight. This is why it is the rules to stop it as soon as it happens, to keep more from happening and to keep it from growing to something worse. The kids and coaches know the rules, if they choose to do this they know what the consequences are. Not rocket science.
Patriot train Wrote:I understand what you are saying, but where do you draw the line? The more you let go, the worse it gets, which could lead to worse, a big fight. This is why it is the rules to stop it as soon as it happens, to keep more from happening and to keep it from growing to something worse. The kids and coaches know the rules, if they choose to do this they know what the consequences are. Not rocket science.

I get that I do. But for example The Stanley technical. The play happened right before a media timeout. Not one fan I was around (and I was even on the Pikeville side) even knew they were a technical called until the players returned and they announced it on the PA system. If no one knew the reason especially on the other team side why the technical was even called then in my opinion it shouldn't have been called because obviously it couldn't have been that bad to warrant it. It was never Stanley just blew up on the official and everyone seen it. It was if she did disagree she said something indirectly and not that loud or animated. Whats wrong with that? players will disagree with some calls. The Worrix kid last night got called for a foul and said something along the lines of are you kidding me (I had a pretty good look at it) 15-20 feet away from the ref and got a technical. Its not like the players were going back and forth. They just disagreed with the call in a very non animated and calm way and got hit with a technical. I just don't get why you don't let that go. At the 59th district championship Coach Hicks absolutely let into a official and I asked him after the game because I knew him why didn't he give him a technical. His response was when the game was over he didn't want his whistle to maybe decide a close game when it can be avoided. I think that's the best way to go. Unless its so bad that you have too this time of the year then do it. If the player is coming directly at you and then yeah do it. But if you just overhear a player say something that isn't very bad about a call let it go and let the players decide the game.
Gsjhe Wrote:I get that I do. But for example The Stanley technical. The play happened right before a media timeout. Not one fan I was around (and I was even on the Pikeville side) even knew they were a technical called until the players returned and they announced it on the PA system. If no one knew the reason especially on the other team side why the technical was even called then in my opinion it shouldn't have been called because obviously it couldn't have been that bad to warrant it. It was never Stanley just blew up on the official and everyone seen it. It was if she did disagree she said something indirectly and not that loud or animated. Whats wrong with that? players will disagree with some calls. The Worrix kid last night got called for a foul and said something along the lines of are you kidding me (I had a pretty good look at it) 15-20 feet away from the ref and got a technical. Its not like the players were going back and forth. They just disagreed with the call in a very non animated and calm way and got hit with a technical. I just don't get why you don't let that go. At the 59th district championship Coach Hicks absolutely let into a official and I asked him after the game because I knew him why didn't he give him a technical. His response was when the game was over he didn't want his whistle to maybe decide a close game when it can be avoided. I think that's the best way to go. Unless its so bad that you have too this time of the year then do it. If the player is coming directly at you and then yeah do it. But if you just overhear a player say something that isn't very bad about a call let it go and let the players decide the game.
In the end, the players did decide the outcome. Congrats to Central (boys and girls both) on outstanding seasons. Time to move on to the next one.
PHSForever Wrote:In the end, the players did decide the outcome. Congrats to Central (boys and girls both) on outstanding seasons. Time to move on to the next one.

I don't agree. This sounds like something a ref would say. Refs have to ability to completely change the momentum of a game. I have seen games were refs have made the games all about them. The ref in the SV/Belfry regional game is a good example.
PHSForever Wrote:In the end, the players did decide the outcome. Congrats to Central (boys and girls both) on outstanding seasons. Time to move on to the next one.

Yeah the players on the floor did. But Stanley (2nd on the team in scoring by a point and leading rebounder was on the bench for the last 12:30 because of a technical foul because the ref wanting to make it about them. Not saying Pike Central would've won the game with Stanley. But who knows. Im not a Pike Central fan. In fact I want to see Pikeville get another crack at Valley. They have played them better than anyone this year. But as a pure basketball fan I think its a shame to end someones career like that.
Semi-Finals

Shelby Valley 43
Johnson Central 31

Pikeville 55
Floyd Central 42
Valley 53 JC 44
Pike 64 FC 41
The Expo center needs to GO!!!!!!!!

There is such a disconnected feeling. Not the actual Expo staff, but the 15th region board/committee/tournament directors are the worst. Way too many wanna-be chiefs and no Indians.

The 15th region Superintendents, Principals & Athletic Directors need to get together and boycott this place.

There are sixteen schools in the 15th region. IMO, eleven of the sixteen can host the regional tournament.

YES
Johnson Central
Magoffin County
Martin County (Sheldon Clark's new HS)
Prestonsburg
Floyd Central
Pikeville
Pike County Central
Shelby Valley
Belfry
East Ridge
Lawrence County

NO
The Piarist School
Jenkins
Phelps
Betsy Layne
Paintsville
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Johnson Central and Shelby Valley just had the best game of the tournament.

JC's Morgan Hopson hits a 3 as the Buzzer sounds. The image of her shooting is similar to Bryce Drew's buzzer beater in 1998 NCAA Tournament.

JC wins 43-42
The JC win snapped a 12 game loosing streak to Shelby Valley.
Mjolnir Wrote:Didn't SV beat each one of these by double digits this year? Already beat Pikeville four times this year. Don't try to make it look like that their facing such a battle.

lol...maybe they'll learn to battle next year...57th district doesn't lay down for any team.
mjolnir Wrote:sv beat belfry by 30 plus last time out and no one in region has defeated them. Only loss in state was to murray, in the all a championship. Maybe not such a tough job as you are saying. Like i've said before, clear the space in the trophy case.

ooooops!
You know what makes me so tickled. During tyhe All A. I had a few scruffy old ass SV Fans talking smack n saying..." we bout to show these people what a real ass whooping is like."
Nothing pleases my heart more than a Johnson Co/57th District Team sends them home.
SV...I Loved watching you girls. You girls are talented and a pleasure to watch. But, 57th isn't bowing to anyone. Great Season.
Mjolnir Wrote:SV beat Belfry by 30 plus last time out and no one in region has defeated them. Only loss in state was to Murray, in the All A Championship. Maybe not such a tough job as you are saying. Like I've said before, clear the space in the trophy case.

Opps!
Basketballmom41 Wrote:I don't agree. This sounds like something a ref would say. Refs have to ability to completely change the momentum of a game. I have seen games were refs have made the games all about them. The ref in the SV/Belfry regional game is a good example.
Not a ref. Not even close. Lol. Yes, bad calls can change momentum but teams have to play thru them. I’ve always said sometimes you just have to go and leave no doubt. Pikeville played through some shaky first half calls, adjusted and came out strong last night and the calls didn’t affect the outcome. Basketball is a game of runs both on the court and by the refs
Crow isn't too bad!
JC WINS THE 15th REGION!!!!!

56-51
15th Region All-Tournament team.

Madison Thompson - Sheldon Clark.
Mckenzie Maynard - Belfry.
Kelly Davis - Lawrence County.
Cassidy Mullins - Pike Central.
Grace Martin - Floyd Central.
Katie Moore - Floyd Central.