Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WNBA - Time to Fold?
No conversation went on at all on BGR during the WNBA Finals. The only posting was made after the finals, and the thread was primarily about "Did you even know the Finals had just completed".

Now, we hear that the most successful organization in the WNBA, Detroit Shock, have a buyer who is planning to purchase and move the team to Tulsa. How can the most successful program in the history of that sport, be ready to move after they just played in a World Champsionship on their own home floor. If there is such a lack of interest in the best organization in the sport, what does that say about the rest of the league? How much longer can it survive?
I would rather watch the WNBA than the NBA. The NBA is giving the players another step now before it is a walk. 2 Steps now will mean 3 steps probably. The women's game is more like the men's game several years ago. The NBA is becoming more like wrestling, just a show.
t4p3r8 Wrote:I would rather watch the WNBA than the NBA. The NBA is giving the players another step now before it is a walk. 2 Steps now will mean 3 steps probably. The women's game is more like the men's game several years ago. The NBA is becoming more like wrestling, just a show.

Hey now, don't you dare start making comparisons to my beloved Wrestling to that thug and criminally infested cheated in the NBA....

:biggrin: JK
Stardust Wrote:Hey now, don't you dare start making comparisons to my beloved Wrestling to that thug and criminally infested cheated in the NBA....

haha :Clap:
Until I read this thread....I thought the WNBA had already folded.

Seriously, the WNBA is a worse failure than the XFL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Until I read this thread....I thought the WNBA had already folded.

Seriously, the WNBA is a worse failure than the XFL.

Haha, the XFL. Did that last one season? Because after that first season I don't remember it being on anymore.
hahahaha...this shouldnt even be a topic in my opinion cos thats how much i care about it...i would rather watch 2 hours of bowling.

WNBA=Boring :zzz:
Stardust Wrote:Hey now, don't you dare start making comparisons to my beloved Wrestling to that thug and criminally infested cheated in the NBA....

Sorry Stardust, but it was the best comparison I could come up with. By the way, Dusty Rhodes was my favorite wrestler. But that was a few years ago when wrestling was real.
t4p3r8 Wrote:Sorry Stardust, but it was the best comparison I could come up with. By the way, Dusty Rhodes was my favorite wrestler. But that was a few years ago when wrestling was real.

Or when we knew it was but still marked out...
Some women actually watch this stuff so just to make them happy lets keep it around.
WNBA is horrible.. It is not fun to watch, and they only play a few games every year. It has never been a success. When I lived in Charlotte, I went to a Charlotte Sting/ LA Sparks game and there was NOBODY there. That was probably 10 years ago when it was "popular"
Quote:hahahaha...this shouldnt even be a topic in my opinion cos thats how much i care about it...i would rather watch 2 hours of bowling.

WNBA=Boring

I get more excited about watching golf
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I get more excited about watching golf

Ditto :biggrin:
There is just something about WNBA i mean you have a dominate player take candace parker for example absolutely dominated the moment she stepped on the court but had a baby gone for maternity leave it is just not the same if you can understand where i am going with that
they shouldent fold