Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Girls Bracket
I Only Think Theres 2 Teams Capable Of Beating Them(magoffin)!
15thRegionX Wrote:So PC is the best team in the 15th? That is why their record is 17-10? And Magoffin's is 27-3? Magoffin has had a way harder schedule than PC has had. Magoffin should be considered the favorite, but they can be beat. I am just saying that Magoffin is the best team in the 15th no matter the outcome of the tourney. How can you say that when Magoffin beat PC by 18 pts that it meant nothing? It meant that Magoffin's other players are better than PC's is what it meant!

I am only speaking to the "harder schedule" portion of your post. Magoffin has won 9 games outside of the 15th region (FL schools not included). The combined record of these opponents is 127-129. Pike Central has defeated 7 schools from outside the 15th region (Grundy not included). The combined record of these opponents is 127-77. I find it hard to believe that those records constitute a tougher schedule for Magoffin.
BleedsBlue Wrote:I am only speaking to the "harder schedule" portion of your post. Magoffin has won 9 games outside of the 15th region (FL schools not included). The combined record of these opponents is 127-129. Pike Central has defeated 7 schools from outside the 15th region (Grundy not included). The combined record of these opponents is 127-77. I find it hard to believe that those records constitute a tougher schedule for Magoffin.

Maybe you should consider that Magoffin is in the 57th district, the toughest district in both boys and girls!
stinger Wrote:Dam I LOVE this time of year!!!!!!
aint that the truth the weather is warming up and its playoff time also kinda sad b-ball season almost over
15thRegionX Wrote:Maybe you should consider that Magoffin is in the 57th district, the toughest district in both boys and girls!

Agreed. Magoffin plays a MUCH tougher district schedule.
I will say I do disagree with only two able to beat Magoffin, I think three teams is capable of it, even Paintsville if they was to get hot. I mean all of these teams is the underdog against them. But if a team gets hot like Belfry you never know. They played Magoffin tough at Belfry so who knows. When Magoffin is on they are very hard to beat, but they arent always on, but they usualy are lol.
The last time I checked Sacred Heart, DuPont Manual, Louisville Fairdale, Muhlenberg North, Barren County, and Graves County were playing at least good enought to be "competitive" in the 57th district.
Games Start Tomorrow...oh Yea!!!!!!!
BleedsBlue Wrote:The last time I checked Sacred Heart, DuPont Manual, Louisville Fairdale, Muhlenberg North, Barren County, and Graves County were playing at least good enought to be "competitive" in the 57th district.
Who said they wasnt
IT'S MARCH!!

Who would have thought that East Ridge would have beat Belfry!
Or Paintsville staying that close to #1 ranked Magoffin County.
NOTHING else matters it's who brings there A game
and are ready to play when they need to play.
Everyone is saying PCCHS,MC,SV
Who knows Betsy Lane could win it all!
(Doubt it but im jusy saying)
13th region refs,15th region tourney.
There should be know favorites.
We will see who the regions best is
SATURDAY

Magoffin can be beat on any night as can anyone else, but I don't see SV or Belfry doing it. PC might be able to pull off an "UPSET" if Magoffin is having an off night.....
Don't care what anyone says or any radio says Magoffin is the favorite, I'm glad that people are on here saying that tho, give them girls a little more people to prove wrong. Like they need to prove anyone else wrong 4 district titles in a row... pretty incrediable.
I FOR ONE HAVE NEVER SAID MAGOFFIN IS NOT GOOD OR THAT THEY SUCK.
BECAUSE I FOR ONE THINK THERE WILL BE A RE-MATCH OF LAST YEAR.
IM JUST POINTING OUT ANY TEAM CAN BE BEAT!! LOOK DUKES GIRLS UNDEFEATED LOST FIRST ROUND YESTERDAY.....ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAPPENS IN MARCH...NEVER UNDERESTIMATE ANY TEAM....ER,BL,MC,PC,P-BURG,SV THE LIST GOES ON. WE CAN ARGUE ABOUT THIS CRAP ALL DAY, BUT WE CANT CONTROL WEITHER OUR TEAMS PLAYS LIKE CRAP OR THEY PLAY GREAT ITS ALL UP TO THEM. WE JUST NEED TO BE THERE TO SUPPORT OUR GIRLS AND SHOW THEM THAT WE HAVE CONFIDENCE IN THEM!
Central-Valley
MC-Belfry
Central-MC
Central
you know we can argue all we want to about who is the best, but the fact is this region can swing either way...P-Burg could very well upset PC while P-ville, ER, or BL could make some noise...PC is a great team with Haley w/o her they are still competitive but are not the same team same would go with Ashley Jade at MC and Ester at Valley...records mean nothing now the only thing that matters is the next game ahead of you just like district was...P-Ville played MC close which makes MC look vulnerable now...PC dominated their district championship which is making them look NOW as the favorite to many...Valley has been in the shadows of both all season...I would take Belfry, PC, MC or Valley in the regional championship just depends on which team shows up for each...When belfry is off they are non-exsistent, when MC plays bad they still look like the same team, when PC is w/ Haley and is playing bad you can tell and it is not pretty, when Valley doesnt play good...well they have been playing great all season...It is a toss up right now...But i love PC's draw and i think MC will have to battle harder to make it past BOTH ER and "Belfry"...I also belive not having much time off for Valley will hurt them and the drive each day for MC will hurt them...Look for MC to come out tight but still with the desire to win late in the game...Look for Valley's pressure to be reduced due to the larger floor as well for Belfry...

My Prediction

MC-Belfry MC wins by 10+ late in the game

Valley-PC PC wins by 10+ seasawing between a double digit lead and a single digit lead

MC-PC in the finals PC wins in a nail bitter due to depth and wearing MC down late in the fourth MC will keep the lead until 2 mins left in the game...
just curious????
IF MC anc PC make it to the finals it will be an upset if Magoffin wins??
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:just curious????
IF MC anc PC make it to the finals it will be an upset if Magoffin wins??

that would depended on the eyes of the beholder...for me if MC beat PC in the finals then the better team had won and it would not be an upset...both teams split during the season...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:you know we can argue all we want to about who is the best, but the fact is this region can swing either way...P-Burg could very well upset PC while P-ville, ER, or BL could make some noise...PC is a great team with Haley w/o her they are still competitive but are not the same team same would go with Ashley Jade at MC and Ester at Valley...records mean nothing now the only thing that matters is the next game ahead of you just like district was...P-Ville played MC close which makes MC look vulnerable now...PC dominated their district championship which is making them look NOW as the favorite to many...Valley has been in the shadows of both all season...I would take Belfry, PC, MC or Valley in the regional championship just depends on which team shows up for each...When belfry is off they are non-exsistent, when MC plays bad they still look like the same team, when PC is w/ Haley and is playing bad you can tell and it is not pretty, when Valley doesnt play good...well they have been playing great all season...It is a toss up right now...But i love PC's draw and i think MC will have to battle harder to make it past BOTH ER and "Belfry"...I also belive not having much time off for Valley will hurt them and the drive each day for MC will hurt them...Look for MC to come out tight but still with the desire to win late in the game...Look for Valley's pressure to be reduced due to the larger floor as well for Belfry...

My Prediction

MC-Belfry MC wins by 10+ late in the game

Valley-PC PC wins by 10+ seasawing between a double digit lead and a single digit lead

MC-PC in the finals PC wins in a nail bitter due to depth and wearing MC down late in the fourth MC will keep the lead until 2 mins left in the game...
I believe Magoffin got an easier draw than PC and as far as the Paintsville game Paintsville played great plus didnt hurt that Magoffin shot 16-37 from the line and its only 50 minutes from Salyersville to Pikeville not that long of a drive and Magoffin has been playing 8 people so depth is not a problem should be a good game but like i have said they both have to get there
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:MC-PC in the finals PC wins in a nail bitter due to depth and wearing MC down late in the fourth MC will keep the lead until 2 mins left in the game...
Magoffin is small, athletic, and in good shape. Be hard to wear those girls down, but if a team can do it, its deep team like Pike Central. Good luck to the 8 Teams in the tourney.
SV and MC in the finals
The Fan Wrote:I believe Magoffin got an easier draw than PC and as far as the Paintsville game Paintsville played great plus didnt hurt that Magoffin shot 16-37 from the line and its only 50 minutes from Salyersville to Pikeville not that long of a drive and Magoffin has been playing 8 people so depth is not a problem should be a good game but like i have said they both have to get there

well we have two diffrent opinons and thats cool...we will just have to see how it all shapes out...i love this time of the year lol...
BASICBALL Wrote:SV and MC in the finals

Agree! Just a few more hours!!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well we have two diffrent opinons and thats cool...we will just have to see how it all shapes out...i love this time of the year lol...
absolutley love this time of year !!!!!!!!
I really do not see a clear cut favorite among pc sv belfry and mc. Any one of the four could go to bg. however pc seems to have the most weapons at their disposal.