Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 49 Owsley County 47
Final from Irvine
Owls had last shot but came up short, very good game by both teams.
Wow! Surprised that this was such a close game! Sounds like Owsley played a heck of a game and left everything on the court. Congrats to them for such an effort.

Congrats to Estill on winning the game and grabbing the #2 seed in the district tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Is Owsley winless in District?
^ Yes
Glad to see my main man Brian Hall having success.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Both teams played well last night. Game was close from start to finish with the lead going back and forth. Owsley had a shot at end to tie game but it rolled off the rim.
Hats off to both teams on a well played game.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Is Owsley winless in District?

Absolutely meaningless at this point. All that matters now is Monday Night.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Absolutely meaningless at this point. All that matters now is Monday Night.

Wouldn't call it meaningless because now you you play the favorite first round and a regional appearance is almost non-existent.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Absolutely meaningless at this point. All that matters now is Monday Night.

This is absolutely true, I think Owsley showed last night that they are clicking at the right time.

Coming into this year everyone knew it would be bumpy road with the youth and inexperience on the team so not real concerned about the wins and loses on year. Those games were all practice for next week.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Wouldn't call it meaningless because now you you play the favorite first round and a regional appearance is almost non-existent.

This year in this district seeding is basically meaningless. All four teams are capable of beating each other on a given night. On top of that in the 1/4 game you have Lee. In the 2/3 game your getting Estill which will be at home. Only advantage for Owsley would have been for Lee/Estill to meet first round.
I definitely wouldn't say the chance for a trip to region is nonexistent. Yes Lee is the favorite but I bet their not excited about playing an Owsley team that is playing their best ball right now first round.
This is probably the most evenly matched district in the 14th. Lee would be my favorite.
Passtheball Wrote:This is probably the most evenly matched district in the 14th. Lee would be my favorite.

I agree but I might be inclined to take Estill as favorite due to the district tourney being held there. Had they stayed healthy and not been missing treadway for several games including the lose to lee at home could very easily be the 1 seed.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:This year in this district seeding is basically meaningless. All four teams are capable of beating each other on a given night. On top of that in the 1/4 game you have Lee. In the 2/3 game your getting Estill which will be at home. Only advantage for Owsley would have been for Lee/Estill to meet first round.
I definitely wouldn't say the chance for a trip to region is nonexistent. Yes Lee is the favorite but I bet their not excited about playing an Owsley team that is playing their best ball right now first round.

Sorry if I am wrong, but it seemed as though Owsley was playing their best ball in December.

The only way I see Lee County possibly losing this game, is if they come into the game overly confident since they've beaten Owsley three times this season. With that said, I just don't see Lee County losing this game, but then again, that's why you play the game. Should be a fun tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
If Owsley plays Gibson in the low post they could be a tough out. If she plays outside and dribbles a lot, they'll lose for a 4th time to Lee.
Some say it's hard to beat a team 3 or 4 times in a season but I think I'd rather be the winner than the loser going into the game
Looks like it was a good one. This district tourney will be a dandy