Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Belfry 10/9
I'm just anxious to see how fired up belfry comes out. I'm sure Haywood has lit a fire under the boys. Fix the fumbles and make tackles and it should be a "W".
Ill quit trolling if Belfry wins this by less than 28
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill quit trolling if Belfry wins this by less than 28

Id say you'll still be trolling Saturday!! Lmao
Cardinals ride Wrote:Id say you'll still be trolling Saturday!! Lmao

:trolldad2:
Good luck Belfry. Hope your team and fans have a great game.
this game, minus turnovers, will rest solely on the lc coaching staff. if they play the small defensive line it will be over soon. if they depend on throwing bombs to the daltons it will be over soon. lc has the best offensive team they have had in years, they just need to make use of all the parts. defense solid if right personnel are in. lc is very capable of winning this game based on players available. all on coaches to game plan.
Go Dawgs.
Has anyone gotten information as to how both teams have been in practice this week? This is pretty much is for the District tittle and I was wondering how both camps have been responding after the beat down Belfry took and after the heart break that LC took. These are my two favorite teams in KY high school football. I love the Dawgs because thats who I am born and raised third generation I also love the pirates just because of the program they have built and been able to maintain for so long. And Mr. Haywood is second to none in my book when it comes to coaching and as a Man and a brother in Christ. I feel that LC has closed the gap just a little more this year and I know the seniors want this game more then anything a morale victory won't do it this year this is there last chance. Looks like the weather is calling for rain which won't help LC any when they go to the air but I think thats what they will have to do to have a chance they will need to play the perfect game and when they do make a mistake they will need to shake it off quickly and stay after that perfect game. Belfry will just have to be Belfry they know how bad LC wants this game and they know the District is on the line I look for the Pirates to be ready. Good luck to both like always I'll be pulling for my Dawg Family GO DAWGS
BP2011 Wrote:Cabell Midland would not be top 5 in KY
Please stop with that

Cabel-Midland is the #1 team in the state of West Virginia. Most people thought that Belfry would take a loss against them, but I for one did not think it would've been that lopsided. However, that doesn't necessarily put a negative stint on Belfry's season or how good they are. In fact, I think it says more about jus how good Cabel-Midland is this year. The only team that has been remotely close to "being in a game" with them was Capital High School, and they were actually the pre-season #1 team in the state. I'm not sure where they would stack-up against 6A competition, but I do think there is nobody in the other classes in the state of KY that would beat Cabel-Midland. To be honest, I'm not sure going into the game if Belfry even knew how good they were? It was a great "learning" game for Belfry, and they will only get better from it.
baseball1974 Wrote:Cabel-Midland is the #1 team in the state of West Virginia. Most people thought that Belfry would take a loss against them, but I for one did not think it would've been that lopsided. However, that doesn't necessarily put a negative stint on Belfry's season or how good they are. In fact, I think it says more about jus how good Cabel-Midland is this year. The only team that has been remotely close to "being in a game" with them was Capital High School, and they were actually the pre-season #1 team in the state. I'm not sure where they would stack-up against 6A competition, but I do think there is nobody in the other classes in the state of KY that would beat Cabel-Midland. To be honest, I'm not sure going into the game if Belfry even knew how good they were? It was a great "learning" game for Belfry, and they will only get better from it.
I agree with you. I was at the game. They are that good.
As for tonight Belfry by 21+.
When is LC's last win over the Pirates?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:When is LC's last win over the Pirates?

30-6 at Lawrence County.. I think that was the game Michael West ran for over 400 yards
Pirates take out last weeks frustrations on LC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:2002

30-6 at Lawrence County.. I think that was the game Michael West ran for over 400 yards

Wow! Where did the West kid end-up playing in college? That name sounds familiar.
Belfry by Tree-fiddy
BHSPIRATE51-87 Wrote:I agree with you. I was at the game. They are that good.
As for tonight Belfry by 21+.

I think the weather will play a huge role in this game, and the offensive and defensive lineman will ultimately decide this game. Belfry is averaging over 300 rushing yards a game, but LC is also right around 230 or 240 rushing yards a game as well. When the ground is muddy and the ball is wet, it will always be "the great neutralizer." However, if everything stays dry, then I fully expect Belfry to win comfortably.
baseball1974 Wrote:Wow! Where did the West kid end-up playing in college? That name sounds familiar.

I believe Marshall but it didn't end up panning out

That Belfry team was also vandalized by Arliss Beach of Ashland the same seaon.

West went for over 400 yards vs. Belfry and I believe Beach ran for over 300 yards against them.

I could have the years mixed up though. LC beat Belfry 4 or 5 straight times at the end of the 90's into the 2000's
baseball1974 Wrote:Cabel-Midland is the #1 team in the state of West Virginia. Most people thought that Belfry would take a loss against them, but I for one did not think it would've been that lopsided. However, that doesn't necessarily put a negative stint on Belfry's season or how good they are. In fact, I think it says more about jus how good Cabel-Midland is this year. The only team that has been remotely close to "being in a game" with them was Capital High School, and they were actually the pre-season #1 team in the state. I'm not sure where they would stack-up against 6A competition, but I do think there is nobody in the other classes in the state of KY that would beat Cabel-Midland. To be honest, I'm not sure going into the game if Belfry even knew how good they were? It was a great "learning" game for Belfry, and they will only get better from it.

I'd like to see Cabel Midland take on KY. 6-A Simon Kenton. Imo, that would be well worth the admission. I think SK comes out on top.
Is theogony gonna be on TV or radio?
Don't think Micheal West shows up for the Doggs tonight. He was a special player for sure. Pirates take the loot at the Cam
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I believe Marshall but it didn't end up panning out

West went for over 400 yards vs. Belfry and I believe Beach ran for over 300 yards against them.

I could have the years mixed up though. LC beat Belfry 4 or 5 straight times at the end of the 90's into the 2000's

I remember those Lawrence County teams. I think a lot of people forget that LC was the area powerhouse in the late 90's early 2000's.
Big Five-0- Wrote:I'd like to see Cabel Midland take on KY. 6-A Simon Kenton. Imo, that would be well worth the admission. I think SK comes out on top.

That would be a great game. I don't think Cabel Midland could play with Louisville Male, but I do think they could give Louisville Trinity all they could handle and possibly beat them.

It must be a different kid. I think the one I am thinking of might have went to Tennessee at some point? I could be wrong though.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill quit trolling if Belfry wins this by less than 28
:Sad04:

:goofy:Belfry let me down, but lucky for yall yall are rid of me. Maybe those fumbles where on purpose.Confusederiously::HitWall::pirategir good luck pirates. Will miss giving yall 9 kinds.:letsfight
baseball1974 Wrote:That would be a great game. I don't think Cabel Midland could play with Louisville Male, but I do think they could give Louisville Trinity all they could handle and possibly beat them.

Trinity would beat them like a drum.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I remember those Lawrence County teams. I think a lot of people forget that LC was the area powerhouse in the late 90's early 2000's.

I didn't forget. I came to Louisa to watch them dismantle my Colonels.
pjdoug Wrote:Trinity would beat them like a drum.

You haven't seen either of them play so I'm not sure what you're basing that off of? I've seen Trinity play twice this year, and I can tell you the Trinity team that I seen play against Male and St. Xavier would have a tough time with Cabel Midland. They are not as good as Male and maybe they're not as good as Trinity, but the Trinity I seen would not beat Cabel Midland like a drum. Cabel Midland will end up ranked Top 25 nationally by the end of the year.

Those games were unfortunately back to back. Beach one week followed by West. They played on a different level than anyone else on the field.
Last to games for Befry, proved one thing to all teams an fans, they can't take a hit. 10-12 fumbles.:ChairHit:
baseball1974 Wrote:You haven't seen either of them play so I'm not sure what you're basing that off of? I've seen Trinity play twice this year, and I can tell you the Trinity team that I seen play against Male and St. Xavier would have a tough time with Cabel Midland. They are not as good as Male and maybe they're not as good as Trinity, but the Trinity I seen would not beat Cabel Midland like a drum. Cabel Midland will end up ranked Top 25 nationally by the end of the year.

You dont know what I've see you lame @ss.Trinity would embarrass CM and no they will not.