Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
directions to S. Floyd?
Does it make much diff. which way from EC? Time / road conditions?
As bad as Feds Creek to Phelps?
Was thinking of doing a circle to hit Coal Run eats on the way back.
Where can I get on the new 460?
VHSL-helper Wrote:Does it make much diff. which way from EC? Time / road conditions?
As bad as Feds Creek to Phelps?
Was thinking of doing a circle to hit Coal Run eats on the way back.
Where can I get on the new 460?

I'm all over this, let me research from Elkhorn City to South Floyd, I've got the perfect route from Virgie across the mountain. JetPilot has a beer store at the top but he won't put asphalt down so it's red dog surface. I'll be back in directions soon Confusedinglepar
You can always go to your app store and download WAZE to your cell phone. This little program is the cat's meow! It will give you more than one route to your destination, you can speak in real time to other users along the way and it even shows you where the police are...hidden and seen.

Even I learned how to use it. It's great!!
1.) Get a good cry in
2.) Drive to SF
TigerBlues Wrote:I'm all over this, let me research from Elkhorn City to South Floyd, I've got the perfect route from Virgie across the mountain. JetPilot has a beer store at the top but he won't put asphalt down so it's red dog surface. I'll be back in directions soon Confusedinglepar

Confusednicker::rockon:
Go until you're lost, then your half way there.
If it is a pretty day I would go the country route. Might take a few more minutes but well worth it. I would drive through Elkhorn Creek to Shelby Gap, take a right on 805 (old 23) and go through Dorton, 610 through Virgie, turn left on 122 at the Double Quik to go over Abner Mountain straight to the S. Floyd field. It will be on the left, can't miss the lights. Then on the way back I would go through Martin and eat at Fat Boy's in Martin or Seasons Inn between Martin and Allen if you want an adult beverage or two or the Giovannis buffet at Martin if you opt out of adult beverage. That would make for an excellent road trip.
^That's just if you are leaving from EC...I guess Wise would make it too time consuming...Would still go for the Martin eats though...
Do you have a helicopter. If not you need Jetpilot to drop you off.
E's Army Wrote:Do you have a helicopter. If not you need Jetpilot to drop you off.

Plane is in the hangar for massive repairs after taking multiple hits over Belfry.:igiveup:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wise,+VA...37.3917681

Go past the turn to Wheelwright, look for the lights, can't miss it!!!
jetpilot Wrote:If it is a pretty day I would go the country route. Might take a few more minutes but well worth it. I would drive through Elkhorn Creek to Shelby Gap, take a right on 805 (old 23) and go through Dorton, 610 through Virgie, turn left on 122 at the Double Quik to go over Abner Mountain straight to the S. Floyd field. It will be on the left, can't miss the lights. Then on the way back I would go through Martin and eat at Fat Boy's in Martin or Seasons Inn between Martin and Allen if you want an adult beverage or two or the Giovannis buffet at Martin if you opt out of adult beverage. That would make for an excellent road trip.

JP if he's looking for the coal run return why not bring him back through Teaberry in Mud Creek ?
TigerBlues Wrote:JP if he's looking for the coal run return why not bring him back through Teaberry in Mud Creek ?

You would definitely come through Mud Creek to eat at Coal Run. I was trying to introduce him to Fat Boy's or Seasons...two little gems!
jetpilot Wrote:You would definitely come through Mud Creek to eat at Coal Run. I was trying to introduce him to Fat Boy's or Seasons...two little gems!

I had to throw the Mud Creek route in there, last time I stopped at fat boys they had adult entertainment shop in the back ?
TigerBlues Wrote:I had to throw the Mud Creek route in there, last time I stopped at fat boys they had adult entertainment shop in the back ?

And tanning beds and female hair products...a little something for everyone lol...I just like how they have done their sports bar in the room with all the tvs.
jetpilot Wrote:And tanning beds and female hair products...a little something for everyone lol...I just like how they have done their sports bar in the room with all the tvs.

I could use a good tan with a finish :Cheerlead
Seriously they have a sports bar there ?
TigerBlues Wrote:I could use a good tan with a finish :Cheerlead
Seriously they have a sports bar there ?

It's mainly a restaurant/sports bar. If you stopped in and didn't know that, what were you there for?:dontthink:biggrin:

Seriously, the restaurant is two rooms, one has 5 or 6 nice tvs. Good laid back ballgame spot. They recently added a deck up on the roof, haven't been up there yet though.
jetpilot Wrote:It's mainly a restaurant/sports bar. If you stopped in and didn't know that, what were you there for?:dontthink:biggrin:

Seriously, the restaurant is two rooms, one has 5 or 6 nice tvs. Good laid back ballgame spot. They recently added a deck up on the roof, haven't been up there yet though.

I'm not down there on weekends but it's been years since I've been in Martin. I'll check it out next time and the other place you mentioned
I like fatboys better than Giovannis, the toy store is still in the back:eyeroll:..I live near Martin, seasons inn was good last time I was there..They are about the only two half way decent places to eat near Martin but admittedly Im kinda picky these days,LOL
You have to hit Rt 979 from US23 and go through Big Mud Creek. I love that place. Great people. I lived there myself for a few years. Eat at Country Kitchen. It's just past John M Stumbo Elementry on the left or hit D' s on the right in Teaberry. They have good food too.
eats on the way back MUST have Wi-Fi to file a story.
What I'm looking for is road info.
like how is 121 from 460/Rob. Creek?
VHSL-helper Wrote:eats on the way back MUST have Wi-Fi to file a story.
What I'm looking for is road info.

Wi Fi??? Avoid Mud Creek.
You could hit Robinson Creek and come out at Tackett Fork or Brahams Creek and shave a ton of time off your trip. I've done both before. They are more trails than roads though.
The new 460 isn't any better than the old 460. Especially if you don't live on Marrowbone. When it is finished thru Grundy/Elkhorn it would be better.
I hope I live to see that day (and I hope VDoT finally buys me out), but in the meantime, I need to be in Hi Hat by 6:45 pm Thursday.

And I got rid of ol' faithful a few months back (she became ol' what now), so no unnecessary trails for a few years.
Westside Wrote:Wi Fi??? Avoid Mud Creek.
You could hit Robinson Creek and come out at Tackett Fork or Brahams Creek and shave a ton of time off your trip. I've done both before. They are more trails than roads though.

Mud Creek maybe the safest way to go. I'm alive!!! :truestory: