Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What If?
what if pikeville,pike central,and belfry,all get to school together say around johns creek,only 15 to 20miles at the most to school..could they compete with the st.x,trinty,and the other big schools?who would be there coach?who do you think your offence starters would be this year coming up,qb,running backs,what would you call the team?remember this is just a what if to see people opinions and have something good to talk about..
They could compete within a couple of scores, but not for a win, atleast not right now. Kids at the inner city schools have been playing together for many, many years, and have been going through the feeder systems their entire careers.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I dont think this will ever happen, if it does it will be a real long time from now. Belfry just got a brand new school not even 2 years old, so i dont see this happing
warriorpride Wrote:I dont think this will ever happen, if it does it will be a real long time from now. Belfry just got a brand new school not even 2 years old, so i dont see this happing

Dude...he wasn't serious at all. lol I think that would be a great team to watch...wonder what the school would be called and what would the mascot be??
cig107 Wrote:Dude...he wasn't serious at all. lol I think that would be a great team to watch...wonder what the school would be called and what would the mascot be??

Pikefrey Central Jungle Parrots
cig107 Wrote:Dude...he wasn't serious at all. lol I think that would be a great team to watch...wonder what the school would be called and what would the mascot be??

I know.
Some countys have one school...Imagine if Pike County had just one school!
Belfry, Shelby Valley, Phelps, Central, East Ridge, Pikeville it could be just amazing!
The Pike County Miners!
Yea now that an idea!
this is a post that just makes u wonder all night
This will never work and its something I personally wouldnt want to see. I think weve consolidated enough in this county.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:This will never work and its something I personally wouldnt want to see. I think weve consolidated enough in this county.
I concur Hail Pikeville. I know this is a fictional what if question but I personally would not like to see it. But I do think that they would prove to be a pretty damn good football team. But it will never happen.
bigpun Wrote:I concur Hail Pikeville. I know this is a fictional what if question but I personally would not like to see it. But I do think that they would prove to be a pretty damn good football team. But it will never happen.
I dont know if they would or not Pun. Look at ER. Everyone thought they would dominate this region in B-ball when they first consolidated. Aside from a couple of good years that hasnt happened. SV has a good B-ball program but theyve had a tough time in football. PC hasnt won a region title in anything in its existence to my knowledge. As far as sports go the consolidated schools have been a bit of a letdown in this area. The reason is not the kids. Its the adults. The people who are from each school within the consolidated school are always squabbling for power of the new school and the bad blood that existed 20 years ago between the rival schools that consolidated still resonates today. Now with that being said do you think the Pikeville kids would get a fair shot with any school they consolidated with around here? Considering how bad every school around hates Pikeville I dont think it would be a good idea.
PC has won regional titles in girls basketball...
cig107 Wrote:PC has won regional titles in girls basketball...
Yeah youre right. I stand corrected.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikefrey Central Jungle Parrots
good name i like it.
I think with time the consolidated school would be a powerhouse for a long time
Panther#42 Wrote:I think with time the consolidated school would be a powerhouse for a long time
Ok, so what youre saying is if Pikeville,Belfry,and Central all consolidated maybe THEN youd play football? LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok, so what youre saying is if Pikeville,Belfry,and Central all consolidated maybe THEN youd play football? LOL!
If he couldn't cut it at Pikeville then what makes you think he could cut it at a combination of three schools.
You also don't see independent schools consolidating with public schools very often. If you went by all three schools current 4 year boys enrollment that would put the mythical as the 8th largest school in boys enrollment. Trinity has 1400 in that category the proposed school would have around 942. Travelling for district games would be ridiculous. Harlan Consolidated would be the closest , then the next closest schools are George Rogers Clark in Winchester and Madison Central in Richmond. So it wouldn't be to feasable of a plan.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok, so what youre saying is if Pikeville,Belfry,and Central all consolidated maybe THEN youd play football? LOL!

Nope Smile
bigpun Wrote:If he couldn't cut it at Pikeville then what makes you think he could cut it at a combination of three schools.

Yea, listen to this guy since he knows SO much as to why I dont play. Rolleyes
Panther#42 Wrote:Yea, listen to this guy since he knows SO much as to why I dont play. Rolleyes
Actually I do since you send me PM every weel as to why you don't play. Unless you were lying of course.