Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best quarterbacks to ever play at Johnson central?
Growing up in Clay Co I have heard a lot about their running backs in the past but have they ever had any top notch QBs?
If we are talking Wins.... Casey Music, JK Ratliff, Zack Gound.

As far as stats go... I have no idea on who is better.

But as far as Pulp Fiction's favorite QB at JC goes.... He's still playing, Bryce Workman COULD have a street named after him this time next year. Bryce Workman Ave.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Some of the best handeroffers I ever did see.
Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson
Gotta go with the man: Pikeville OC, Billy Johnson!
Gary Fitzpatrick, 1995. I'd like to see what he could have done with today's Central teams playing around him.
1. Gary Fitzpatrick
2. Billy Whiteshoes Johnson
3. Casey Musick

Best RBs
Jj Jude
??
??
Johnson Central's 3 best Qb's in my opinion are...
1. Casey Musick
2. J.K Ratliff
3. The current Qb, Bryce Workman
Eagleland Wrote:1. Gary Fitzpatrick
2. Billy Whiteshoes Johnson
3. Casey Musick

Best RBs
Jj Jude
??
??

The best RBs list would have many outstanding candidates: Jude (obviously), Mike Bowlin, Josh Banks, Scott Salyer, Stacy Johnson, Ron Blume, Shawn Grim, Jordan Young, Blake Johnson...and that's only since about 1993, and missing some other names.
Diogenes Wrote:The best RBs list would have many outstanding candidates: Jude (obviously), Mike Bowlin, Josh Banks, Scott Salyer, Stacy Johnson, Ron Blume, Shawn Grim, Jordan Young, Blake Johnson...and that's only since about 1993, and missing some other names.

I would take big Brian Hall over any of those running backs with Jude being the exception. Hall was faster than all the fullbacks listed he was a regional Champ in the High Jump and Shot put. Hall High Jumped 6' 4" and threw the shot put over 45'. Hall had the misfortune of playing for Steve Trimble the worse coach in JC football history.
Diogenes Wrote:Gary Fitzpatrick, 1995. I'd like to see what he could have done with today's Central teams playing around him.

IMO Gary Fitzpatrick was the best QB in JC history before Coach Matney.
In my time of watching JC football. I've never seen a QB that throws, I've seen a lot of great running QB's though.
Spud6 Wrote:In my time of watching JC football. I've never seen a QB that throws, I've seen a lot of great running QB's though.

Fitzpatrick could throw pretty well. B.J. Daniel could throw pretty well. J.K. Ratliff was probably the best prototypical passer.
Brian Taylor from '77 was a UK walkon but didn't stay very long back during the Fran Curci/Derrick Ramsey/Jerry Blanton days.
Diogenes Wrote:The best RBs list would have many outstanding candidates: Jude (obviously), Mike Bowlin, Josh Banks, Scott Salyer, Stacy Johnson, Ron Blume, Shawn Grim, Jordan Young, Blake Johnson...and that's only since about 1993, and missing some other names.

Chase Richardson
I thought Mitchell Johnson was a very athletic QB.
The_Rock Wrote:I thought Mitchell Johnson was a very athletic QB.

Mitch Johnson had a lot of arm talent. Mitch was not very fast and didn't jump that high but he had a Cannon of a Left Arm. Mitch was a very talented player who never got the coaching he needed to be his best! Just like Brain Hall he played for coach Steve Trimble who lacked head coaching experience! The facts are the facts, Steve Trimble was a terrible coach who was not qualified to be a head Football coach at the varsity High School level! Check Trimble's record if you want the proof! I think his last season at JC they didn't win a game!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Check Trimble's record if you want the proof! I think his last season at JC they didn't win a game!

I think his last season was 2-8, and then Bill Musick was hired the next season and started his career 0-10 (if I remember correctly). I'm pretty sure JC went 2-8, 0-10, 4-6, and 3-7 when I attended and then made the playoffs for the first time in school history in 1995-96.

And yes, I did miss Chase Richardson. He was a hoss in the backfield.

Nate Dillon wasn't too shabby either