Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking strength of schedules for top 8 1a teams
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Here is the only stat that matters to me

All those gold trophies of late are in my trophy case

just sayin

I agree. They've more than proven their dominance.
Then what is your point? Please tell us what your point is? I rated these schedules simply by using the math that Lit puts out. I did not state that out schedule was the toughest. You came on an degraded our strength of schedule. I gave you proof and you still continue. What is your point? Please, get it out. Let us know what is hurting your feelings.
I think If Breathitt and Somerset wasn't so down that Hazards schedule would be one of the toughest or at least 3 or 4.
I still think Hazard is going to be the surprise team in the east. I think they had a VERY good shot at winning in Pikeville until the ejection. And yes, before someone questions me, I did watch it.
mysonis55 Wrote:Then what is your point? Please tell us what your point is? I rated these schedules simply by using the math that Lit puts out. I did not state that out schedule was the toughest. You came on an degraded our strength of schedule. I gave you proof and you still continue. What is your point? Please, get it out. Let us know what is hurting your feelings.

I don't know what your talking about? You seem a little worked up? I've been saying that this whole time. I don't think their schedule is one of the strongest. However, that doesn't mean their schedule doesn't work for them? They've proven year after year they can win consistently playing the schedule they play. Doesn't mean its weak or that its strong, it means it obviously doesn't matter based off what they've accomplished. There are several teams with tougher schedules but I still think Mayfield plays in the state championship this year and probably wins.
mysonis55 Wrote:I still think Hazard is going to be the surprise team in the east. I think they had a VERY good shot at winning in Pikeville until the ejection. And yes, before someone questions me, I did watch it.

I really would hope to see that game again to go to state. I do expect the defense to play better of that match up happens.
mysonis55 Wrote:I still think Hazard is going to be the surprise team in the east. I think they had a VERY good shot at winning in Pikeville until the ejection. And yes, before someone questions me, I did watch it.

They had no chance unless the coach went into the game himself and tackled Pugh. Already been over this. Pikeville went on huge 35-0 and 35-6 runs two years in a row to put the game away.
Coach Dixon's ejection had nothing to do with it. Pikeville's defense simply wore down Jones and the offense. The conditioning of Pikeville played a big factor as well.
Alright, let me try to sort this out. First of all, you seem to be trying to play victim here and acting as though I have slighted Pikeville in some way. I don't get it but, here is what has gone on. First I checked the Lit ratings of what I considered to be the top 8 teams in 1a, at that point. I only went to 8 because once you get south of that, well it's just not as tough. I took each teams schedule for the regular season. I averaged the Lit rating of each of those teams and used the rating to rank them in order. I did not make up the schedules or the Lit ratings. You can do the math and come up with the same thing. Of course, now the ratings have changed, so it is probably different. I never said Pikeville didn't play a tough schedule or anything else derogatory about them. When I averaged these games out Mayfield came in first, followed by Beechwood and then Pikeville. That is for the whole season. This apparently upset someone. I then went back and did the schedule of what had been played to that point and that changed it a little bit. I really only did this from a mathematical standpoint. Then you came in and began telling us that Pikeville had played the toughest schedule by far and it was not even close. You based that on the records of opponents, I think. I pointed out that records are not the tell all. You didn't like that and continued. You seem to make reference to the fact at some point that you do not think I should make threads telling how good Mayfield is, because we are the defending champions. I never put anything in this thread anywhere to state that Mayfield was better. I posted another thread about our defense, because, quiet frankly it is shocking to me just how good they are this year. I will say that I am not going to stop talking about my team just because you feel that I shouldn't be allowed to since we are the defending champions. Before you say you never did this, I want you to ponder these posts.

Page 1 Post 19
You said about Pikeville's schedule being the best "It's not even close". Which I, the Lit computers, and many other posters tend to disagree with.
"Out of state teams are irrelevant because none of them are even in the top ten in their classes". I don't see where this matters because I did not include their rating in this and Beechwood played a very tough large school that is undefeated out of Ohio. So the rating Beechwood had was without using that team. I think they do matter though, a big school that is undefeated and pretty solid.
Then you want to claim that I'm taking things personal but in this same post you state, "I don't understand why I'm always having to defend them".

Post #25

I am the one you say is attacking you but this is what you write. "You really don't know much about northern Ky football or half the teams you're speaking of. Exaggeration, exaggeration and more exaggeration." (basically calling me a liar once again) For your information, I should know a bit about northern Ky football since I have seen 2 of their teams on a regular basis over the past 5 years and a third one last year. I also use the internet to watch them.

Then you state about Mayfield's schedule, "their schedule is not comparable no matter how much you try to inflate everyone on your schedule". I disagree, Lit disagrees and many posters on here disagree. EKU went so far as to lay out a spill on here just to give you and understanding as well. Also, how are you basing that statement, using the old records again. Once again that is not the tell all. You obviously have not seen these teams play.

Page 2 Post 42

You made the statement about my posts on Mayfield's schedule, "only shows how terrified you are to play us (Pikeville)". Really, do you think with us playing the bigger schools in our area and the experiences we have had this year and in the past that we are afraid. I hope your team thinks that if we make it to BG.

So, I can't quiet understand your victimization. I cannot understand how my posting something that comes down to simple math should upset you. I did not point out any teams. Williamsburg has the most to be upset about in this thread, they have had a rough time with strength of schedule, but they are not taking offense, you are. So, where is all of this coming from?
I think Pikeville will get a second chance at Hazard in the near future. We will see then if the coach ejection had anything to do with it. I have never seen a game where the coach gets ejected and they win. I have seen several where they lose. I also saw the game and it was neck and neck, back and forth until then. What my take on it is, this did matter. It will all be resolved in November though. It will also be played in Pikeville, which gives them the edge.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think Pikeville will get a second chance at Hazard in the near future. We will see then if the coach ejection had anything to do with it. I have never seen a game where the coach gets ejected and they win. I have seen several where they lose. I also saw the game and it was neck and neck, back and forth until then. What my take on it is, this did matter. It will all be resolved in November though. It will also be played in Pikeville, which gives them the edge.

As you have already been told, the same thing happened last year when Dixon wasn't ejected. Pikeville came out in the second half, went on a big run and put the game away. Same result with Dixon and without.
Guys best thing to do drop hazard and put williamsburg in your conversation....Hazard will not get a chance to play pikeville again this year....:lmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Alright, let me try to sort this out. First of all, you seem to be trying to play victim here and acting as though I have slighted Pikeville in some way. I don't get it but, here is what has gone on. First I checked the Lit ratings of what I considered to be the top 8 teams in 1a, at that point. I only went to 8 because once you get south of that, well it's just not as tough. I took each teams schedule for the regular season. I averaged the Lit rating of each of those teams and used the rating to rank them in order. I did not make up the schedules or the Lit ratings. You can do the math and come up with the same thing. Of course, now the ratings have changed, so it is probably different. I never said Pikeville didn't play a tough schedule or anything else derogatory about them. When I averaged these games out Mayfield came in first, followed by Beechwood and then Pikeville. That is for the whole season. This apparently upset someone. I then went back and did the schedule of what had been played to that point and that changed it a little bit. I really only did this from a mathematical standpoint. Then you came in and began telling us that Pikeville had played the toughest schedule by far and it was not even close. You based that on the records of opponents, I think. I pointed out that records are not the tell all. You didn't like that and continued. You seem to make reference to the fact at some point that you do not think I should make threads telling how good Mayfield is, because we are the defending champions. I never put anything in this thread anywhere to state that Mayfield was better. I posted another thread about our defense, because, quiet frankly it is shocking to me just how good they are this year. I will say that I am not going to stop talking about my team just because you feel that I shouldn't be allowed to since we are the defending champions. Before you say you never did this, I want you to ponder these posts.

Page 1 Post 19
You said about Pikeville's schedule being the best "It's not even close". Which I, the Lit computers, and many other posters tend to disagree with.
"Out of state teams are irrelevant because none of them are even in the top ten in their classes". I don't see where this matters because I did not include their rating in this and Beechwood played a very tough large school that is undefeated out of Ohio. So the rating Beechwood had was without using that team. I think they do matter though, a big school that is undefeated and pretty solid.
Then you want to claim that I'm taking things personal but in this same post you state, "I don't understand why I'm always having to defend them".

Post #25

I am the one you say is attacking you but this is what you write. "You really don't know much about northern Ky football or half the teams you're speaking of. Exaggeration, exaggeration and more exaggeration." (basically calling me a liar once again) For your information, I should know a bit about northern Ky football since I have seen 2 of their teams on a regular basis over the past 5 years and a third one last year. I also use the internet to watch them.

Then you state about Mayfield's schedule, "their schedule is not comparable no matter how much you try to inflate everyone on your schedule". I disagree, Lit disagrees and many posters on here disagree. EKU went so far as to lay out a spill on here just to give you and understanding as well. Also, how are you basing that statement, using the old records again. Once again that is not the tell all. You obviously have not seen these teams play.

Page 2 Post 42

You made the statement about my posts on Mayfield's schedule, "only shows how terrified you are to play us (Pikeville)". Really, do you think with us playing the bigger schools in our area and the experiences we have had this year and in the past that we are afraid. I hope your team thinks that if we make it to BG.

So, I can't quiet understand your victimization. I cannot understand how my posting something that comes down to simple math should upset you. I did not point out any teams. Williamsburg has the most to be upset about in this thread, they have had a rough time with strength of schedule, but they are not taking offense, you are. So, where is all of this coming from?

This conversation has been over with. I'm sure I said things as well in retaliation I apologize. No need for this to continue.
baseball1974 Wrote:This conversation has been over with. I'm sure I said things as well in retaliation I apologize. No need for this to continue.

Good luck baseball1974 mysonWantStop55. Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Then you state about Mayfield's schedule, "their schedule is not comparable no matter how much you try to inflate everyone on your schedule". I disagree, Lit disagrees and many posters on here disagree. EKU went so far as to lay out a spill on here just to give you and understanding as well. Also, how are you basing that statement, using the old records again. Once again that is not the tell all. You obviously have not seen these teams play.

Page 2 Post 42

I could be wrong, EKU can speak for himself, but I think that was meant for you. Confusednicker:
No, you didn't. You really are talking about me not giving up 64. Really!!!
Granted their schedule isn't the strongest out of the top 1A teams mentioned, Raceland is a solid team and is very capable of making a deep run in the playoffs.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I could be wrong, EKU can speak for himself, but I think that was meant for you. Confusednicker:

HAHA
Neither actually. It was a pretty strong discussion and I was just bringing my perspective using a rating I think is much stronger right now than Lit.

I think Pikeville's schedule, record, and wins speak for themselves...but at the same time I am going to be the very first person to say that from both a historical trend standpoint as well as an eye test standpoint I think Mayfield is the #1 team in 1A. Until they do something to prove me otherwise, I find their resume in addition to what they have proven in regards to the rest of the class to stand on it's own.

In addition I do agree with 55 about how strong McCracken is as well. Not only do the computers support this, but once again I am looking at it from the standpoint of how McCracken compares to the rest of the state and to me they are the best team anyone from 1A has played... and Mayfield came a FG away from winning.

From my standpoint there are three teams with very similar schedules (Pikeville,Beechwood, and Mayfield). Pikeville has the best wins, Mayfield has the most impressive performance. 1. Mayfield 2. Pikeville 3. Beechwood
I totally agree with your assessment. I think right now the Pikeville win over Belfry is probably the best win. I do think the win by Beechwood is right there as well though. All three have really tough schedules. I think Frankfort and Hazard have really tough schedules as well. The burg is the most disappointing of schedules in this bunch. I understand what some of their opponents did last year but, this year it is terrible. I know some would like to dismiss the strength of schedule but the burg proved that it is a big factor. They played several creme puffs and blew them out. Then they played a middle of the pack 2a team and only won by a couple of scores. The tougher the schedule, the more prepared you are when the going gets tough.
mysonis55 Wrote:I totally agree with your assessment. I think right now the Pikeville win over Belfry is probably the best win. I do think the win by Beechwood is right there as well though. All three have really tough schedules. I think Frankfort and Hazard have really tough schedules as well. The burg is the most disappointing of schedules in this bunch. I understand what some of their opponents did last year but, this year it is terrible. I know some would like to dismiss the strength of schedule but the burg proved that it is a big factor. They played several creme puffs and blew them out. Then they played a middle of the pack 2a team and only won by a couple of scores. The tougher the schedule, the more prepared you are when the going gets tough.

Raceland, hazard and Pikeville had about the same schedule last year and Williamsburg has the same player this year...GO figure 55...Newport was a big win 55.....Just set back and watch Newport make a run in 2A....:popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Raceland, hazard and Pikeville had about the same schedule last year and Williamsburg has the same player this year...GO figure 55...Newport was a big win 55.....Just set back and watch Newport make a run in 2A....:popcorn:

2a east is weak 64, and newport still wont make it far.
No, I don't suspect they will make much of a run. I suspect NCC will again take the 2a east.
Slic Ric Wrote:Granted their schedule isn't the strongest out of the top 1A teams mentioned, Raceland is a solid team and is very capable of making a deep run in the playoffs.

I agree. We are far from being as good as we could be, but at this point in the season, idk if you want to see yourself "peaking". Imo that happened against Paitsville in 2012(rnd 2, lost to Pikeville in OT of reg finals) and Pikeville in 2013(won reg lost big at Wburg). I think we seem to get more and more confident and the intensity is kept up each week. Our runnig game is improving and our defense is beginning to make strides withi the front seven and our ability to create shortfield opportunities for the offense by forcing teams to turn the ball over. I like where we are at this point in the season. AS LONG AS WE CONTINUE TO IMPROVE.
Pikeville is going to be a tough out though. As it stands right now id say we are 3rd in the east behind Pikeville and Wburg probably a 2 td underdog AT Pikeville and probably a 6pt underdog at home vs Wburg. Though I originall thought Hazard would knock off Wburg, im not so sure now. I am leaning towards Pike, Rams, or Jackets in BG at this point. Though i desperately desire to hear 64 begin to crow, should the Bulldogs knock them off.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA
Neither actually. It was a pretty strong discussion and I was just bringing my perspective using a rating I think is much stronger right now than Lit.

I think Pikeville's schedule, record, and wins speak for themselves...but at the same time I am going to be the very first person to say that from both a historical trend standpoint as well as an eye test standpoint I think Mayfield is the #1 team in 1A. Until they do something to prove me otherwise, I find their resume in addition to what they have proven in regards to the rest of the class to stand on it's own.

In addition I do agree with 55 about how strong McCracken is as well. Not only do the computers support this, but once again I am looking at it from the standpoint of how McCracken compares to the rest of the state and to me they are the best team anyone from 1A has played... and Mayfield came a FG away from winning.

From my standpoint there are three teams with very similar schedules (Pikeville,Beechwood, and Mayfield). Pikeville has the best wins, Mayfield has the most impressive performance. 1. Mayfield 2. Pikeville 3. Beechwood

Totally agree.
Tonight is the start of district play, where all of our schedules take a nose dive from a strength standpoint.
mysonis55 Wrote:Tonight is the start of district play, where all of our schedules take a nose dive from a strength standpoint.

Guess we are all even now. :popcorn:
We here will have the most boring 3 Fridays in a row. We have Fulton, bye and Fulton Co. I will have DT's before football starts back up.
Raceland wont have any cake walks imo. By me this week, Nicholas next week, Paintsville, And Fairview round out the district play. Then a Halloween battle with Ironton at Tanks Memorial Stadium.