Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!CHECK THIS OUT!!!in This Situation Would You?
I just thought I would start a thread that you guys might enjoy, by testing your "Coaching Knowledge" Okay, let's get started...

Situation: You have a very talented team and all of them play very well together except for one player. However, this player isn't just avergae, he is your leading scorer and top rebounder, however he just ruins the chemistry of your other four starters. If you are head coach and this happens to you, how do you react, and what actions do you take to improve this situation?

Alright guys, let's hear it!
Depends on if I'm winning games or not. I don't really know what you mean by messing up the chemistry. Is he having like a T.O. effect on his team, Ball hogging ,or just trying to hard.
Meade Wrote:Depends on if I'm winning games or not. I don't really know what you mean by messing up the chemistry. Is he having like a T.O. effect on his team, Ball hogging ,or just trying to hard.
I just mean overall, he has a bad attitude, know what I mean? Great player, horrible attitude, and noone likes playing with him. Does that answer your question?
Well if I'm winning i just sit back and let him do what he does. If I'm losing I'd have a chat tell him to chill with the attitude if he doesnt like it then oh well I hate that. If he didnt chill and be more of a team player Id bench him until he decided to play some team ball. I'd tell him if he is a team player and is still a stand out he shouldnt have any problems getting into college to help get him a better education, If he couldnt get along with people all I could do is tell him to chill and if he doesnt he can just sit and watch
Nice post, that sounds good to me, however, even if we were winning I would have to say something to him, otherwise he would think he was winning by himself.
That is true if he isn't a team player then he wouldnt be able to have much success in the future. Unless of course he is the next lebron lol
Iwould kick the kid off my team
I would talk with him and if he couldn't get on board then I would bench him!
Your best team is the 5 best players they play best together. If he wasn't part of that chemistry he wouldn't start. The bench would speak loud and clear to this young man.
i would let himknow that just because he has alot of talent dosnt mean he can let his attitude get in the way of the team,and if that did not work i would bench, then if the worst came worst i would cut him from my team.
Sounds like Johnson Central in 2002-03 when Brandon Wheeler transferred over there.
Winning or Losing it wouldnt matter to me, I would still say something to the kid if they are going to be that way. I would give them one chance to change and prove themselves as a team player and start acting like it, if things went well then the player wouldnt loas there starting position and everything would be fine, but if the player didnt want to co-operate then actions should firmly be taken on this player b/c if team chemistry is getting ruined by one single player, then nothing will click and everyone would start getting upset.
I would set his butt on the bench, but he has more pull than I do.
I'd talk to him, and tell him things better change, or he'll sit the bench the rest of the year.
champ Wrote:I just thought I would start a thread that you guys might enjoy, by testing your "Coaching Knowledge" Okay, let's get started...

Situation: You have a very talented team and all of them play very well together except for one player. However, this player isn't just avergae, he is your leading scorer and top rebounder, however he just ruins the chemistry of your other four starters. If you are head coach and this happens to you, how do you react, and what actions do you take to improve this situation?

Alright guys, let's hear it!
Ask Tubby Smith.
He had this situation last year with Rondo wearing the "problem" label.