Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County coach suspended?
I am pretty sure that Debbie was named the new head coach at Harlan County High School today.
No doubt that they will be loaded as long as everyone stays. I would assume they would since this solidifies them as a 13th region contender!
:happytear:It doesn't matter how much talent a team has in the 13th Region. It's how much are you willing to pay for a District or Regional Title. Just ask the people in Corbin how much it cost! This Region is the laughing stock of the state because of this BS!
basketball wizzard Wrote::happytear:it doesn't matter how much talent a team has in the 13th region. It's how much are you willing to pay for a district or regional title. Just ask the people in corbin how much it cost! This region is the laughing stock of the state because of this bs!

lol
Olred Wrote:[quote=insideinfo]Nolan will be hard to replace. IMO he was top 3 or 4 coaches in the region. Green is nowhere near that caliber coach. That being said the Green girl has a chance to be really special probably one of the top players to ever play in the 13th.[/QUOTE

I agree 100% about Nolan being hard to replace and not to be negative but it's much harder to be a parent/coach when your kid is no longer the only option scoring wise. However, if this all happens they would be as talented as anyone in the region!

The word from some people in Middlesboro is that the Green's have nearly destroyed that program because ALL the focus was on Blair. I guess all the older kids quit because they didn't want to pass the ball to her all the time?? I do know for sure that they had an very young team this past season and that Blair could be a very special player. But coaching your own child is difficult and provides a challenge all to its own. No doubt HC will be loaded!!
I don't know if this is official or not but I find it particularly interesting if true given that Nolan has not been charged or convicted of anything. If he is ultimately cleared....lookout! :yikes:
^^
Bear Paw, you know how rumors fly around this sort of thing. So, I will preface my statement by saying this is what I have "heard"; however, it was from reputable sources....

Coach Nolan was cleared of all accusations. I understand there was an investigation and federal sources were brought in to verify the local law enforcement's findings. He was never charged because there was no evidence to support any charges.

Now, all that being said, he was on administrative leave for the rest of the year.

Guilty or innocent, this type of thing has the potential to hang on anyone's reputation. It's a tragic situation anyway you cut it.
Trust me I hope and pray that nothing is proven and I really don't think it will be. All coaches at Harlan County High School were laid off so with that being said Coach Nolan wouldn't have a leg to stand on as far as coming back to the coach. If nothing is proven then he will have his teaching job.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Bear Paw, you know how rumors fly around this sort of thing. So, I will preface my statement by saying this is what I have "heard"; however, it was from reputable sources....

Coach Nolan was cleared of all accusations. I understand there was an investigation and federal sources were brought in to verify the local law enforcement's findings. He was never charged because there was no evidence to support any charges.

Now, all that being said, he was on administrative leave for the rest of the year.

Guilty or innocent, this type of thing has the potential to hang on anyone's reputation. It's a tragic situation anyway you cut it.

This is what gets me. Even if someone is completely cleared of all wrong doing, and he for sure didn't do anything, and even the accuser admits they were lying, it still hangs over that persons head which isn't right.
Theres no taking that back and it can damage people.
GUT, you are spot on. Man it kills me to agree with you Gut. lol
bear claw Wrote:GUT, you are spot on. Man it kills me to agree with you Gut. lol

Kills you kills me 64SUR :Sad04:
Come my children. Its okay to agree :biggrin:
bear paw still mourns his hotdog
I am glad he was cleared. Are they going to investagate who put the video cameras in the locker room and who put it on his phone. They need to be brought to justice. This is not about, what a lot of you are thinking. I am glad he is cleared of this.
What ever happened with Nolan? Seems to be to good of a basketball mind to not coach anywhere at all
What did the man allegedly do. I know he was cleared but nobody ever says cleared of what
Granny Bear Wrote:bear paw still mourns his hotdog

FED EX lost it
So does Nolan have his teaching job back? Last I hear was that if nothing was proven then he would have his job back. This has been so hush hush.
One thing you better know about Bear Paw...

He will have his hot dawg! Neither rain nor snow nor loss by the Fed Ex driver will contribute to hot dawg abstanance...

Wooooo! :yikes: