Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Buckhorn player, Scott Blank passes away
Former Buckhorn basketball and baseball player, Scott Blank passed away this evening (Thursday July 25, 2013) after him and His brother Andy were in a bad accident, both were flown out to UK where Scotty didn't make it. Scotty and Andy played basketball with former Buckhorn star and current UVA-Wise basketball player, Matt Day, along with Tate and Trey Gay, Ryan Couch, Trevor Easterling, Corey Hoskins and few others. These players were on the 2011/12 team that upset region favorite Perry County Central in the first round of the district tournament.

RIP Scotty!!
Just heard about this! It's so sad to hear! Unbelievable how quickly life can change. Makes you really sit and think that you should really cherish every day that you're alive because you never know what could happen. My heart goes out to the Blank family along with my thoughts and prayers. Very very sad day.

RIP Scotty!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Praying for his family. Such a tragic accident. I pray that God will comfort them in this tough time.
I hated so bad to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers going out to the Blank family.
Praying for the family, we be a tough time.
Prayers to the Blank family.
Prayers going out to the Buckhorn community. Sad to see someone go out so early in life. Scotty was the floor general for that Buckhorn team that knocked off PCC and made it regional championship his senior year. I also believe Andy his brother won 14th region POY his senior. How is Andy doing?

RIP #0
Tragic..these guys played with heart vs my son. Prayers go out to the Blank family. Hoping for Andy's complete recovery.
Prayers for the Blank Family and the Buckhorn community....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prayers for the Blank family!
1-3-1-press Wrote:Prayers going out to the Buckhorn community. Sad to see someone go out so early in life. Scotty was the floor general for that Buckhorn team that knocked off PCC and made it regional championship his senior year. I also believe Andy his brother won 14th region POY his senior. How is Andy doing?

RIP #0

From what I have been told, he made it through surgery successfully and is thankfully in the beginning stages of recovering from this tragic event. Haven't heard how long they plan on keeping him in the hospital though. If anyone has any further details, please let us all know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
prayers for the blank family,from 64sur
Perry County, Ky. Their basketball coach called them people he wanted to lead.

"Just the kind of kids as a coach you hope that you get to coach and the kind of kids that you know are going to go on and help other people," said John Noble, Scott and Andrew Blank's basketball coach at Buckhorn School.

Scott Blank died from injuries he suffered in a single-vehicle car crash Thursday night. His brother, Andrew remains hospitalized at the University of Kentucky Medical Center.

But they are not the only ones in Lexington. Noble is there too, with many other friends offering support.

"You know, we had a room full of people down here at the hospital last night," Noble said. "And had people constantly calling and texting and updating statuses on Facebook."

At the church where the brothers' father is youth pastor, the community prays, and will be supporting the family emotionally.

"Right now our church is pretty well heartbroken," said its pastor, Anthony Mullins. "We've lost one of our members, our youth pastor's son, just devastating. It's kind of like a bad dream we hope we all could wake up from."

He also says he will eventually need to deal with people asking "why".

"I know our youth is going to have a lot of questions," he said. "There's going to be a lot of 'why did this happen?' and we really don't have the answer for that, but we're leaning on Jesus and asking him to comfort us."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...s.facebook
Every one should remember how precious life is. And how important God is in a time like this. A young man was called home, and a family is heartbroken they will be in my prayers.