Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all Shelby Valley fans and parents
How do you feel about your school administration trying to Forfeit next seasons football game with Grundy? Grundy came to Shelby Valley this past year in good faith that SV would honor there 2 year contract that Mr.Johnson your principle signed and come to Grundy this coming season in September 2006.
Are you ok as tax payers that he"d pay no let me say it like it is,throw away $2,500.00 of YOUR money to get out of this game..Grundy doesent want a forfeit the want the game because as your Principle Knows Grundy will have less than a full schedule next year with out it..This is not fair to the Grundy kids as it wouldnt be fair to your kids if the table was turned. Why would you forfeit to a 2-8 team that loses 12 seniors and starters to Graduation?The only reason I can come up with is the fact that they dont care to throw YOUR MONEY away and put there contract honoring people from Grundy"s program in a turmoil to search for another game which at this late time isnt likely...as parents,and fans,think about this a second,what if it was the other way around,make your voice heard and do the right thing.......MAKE YOUR ADMINISTRATION PLAY THE GAME!!
Thank you for taking the time to read this..And I want you to know in advance that I wish nothing but the best for your school and ours...it"s all about the kids...some people forget that....
I don't have a dog in this fight......but if Shelby Valley signed a contract they should honor it.IMO
Play the game!
They need to play the game...Pretty lame if they dont...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:They need to play the game...Pretty lame if they dont...

The cat and the monkey scare me...play the game. Coach Rowe at Grundy is a great guy. I know SV travelled to Grundy 4 or 5 years in a row to play in their bowl game. SV never backed out then, and they should not back out now! Honor, Respect, and fulfilling a commitment are things the young men and their parents should be more adament about.
Play the Game!!!!!!!
sounds like the administration there needs to grow a pair
BurntTires Wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight......but if Shelby Valley signed a contract they should honor it.IMO

Same here.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I guess they know that GRUNDY will THUMP them as usual, so why change it now. The 2 teams don't even compare in talent and the scores show that. So quit being a chicken and take your usual beating like a man and be a man and honor your contract!
I was told that SV wants out of this deal to play in that Bowl Game over at SF against Matewan. Looks to me like there just wanting a bigger payday. If I was SVs coach, I would be raising 7 kinds of cane over this, I know its probably none of HIS doing but it will damage HIS reputation with the local coaches around here when they get wind of this.
Play the game
I think they should play the game. They signed a contract, they need to stick to it.
They should play the game
wavefan Wrote:How do you feel about your school administration trying to Forfeit next seasons football game with Grundy? Grundy came to Shelby Valley this past year in good faith that SV would honor there 2 year contract that Mr.Johnson your principle signed and come to Grundy this coming season in September 2006.
Are you ok as tax payers that he"d pay no let me say it like it is,throw away $2,500.00 of YOUR money to get out of this game..Grundy doesent want a forfeit the want the game because as your Principle Knows Grundy will have less than a full schedule next year with out it..This is not fair to the Grundy kids as it wouldnt be fair to your kids if the table was turned. Why would you forfeit to a 2-8 team that loses 12 seniors and starters to Graduation?The only reason I can come up with is the fact that they dont care to throw YOUR MONEY away and put there contract honoring people from Grundy"s program in a turmoil to search for another game which at this late time isnt likely...as parents,and fans,think about this a second,what if it was the other way around,make your voice heard and do the right thing.......MAKE YOUR ADMINISTRATION PLAY THE GAME!!
Thank you for taking the time to read this..And I want you to know in advance that I wish nothing but the best for your school and ours...it"s all about the kids...some people forget that....

I heard that SV ws playing Grundy next year so I take it that this has been resolved? anybody know for sure?.....and yea, they should play or face sanctions......
I don't blame SV, I wouldn't go play Grundy either. Someone needs to check their birth certificates over there. They look like the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!
Ive heard people say the same thing about there feeder school Virgie...lol
Somebody told me they only won 2 games last year...sounds like a good time to playem..I wish Pikeville would...
bball fan Wrote:I don't blame SV, I wouldn't go play Grundy either. Someone needs to check their birth certificates over there. They look like the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

R U Kidding......Someone from Virgie wanting to take a look at birth certificates?

Thats priceless!Smile
BurntTires Wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight......but if Shelby Valley signed a contract they should honor it.IMO

:Thumbs:
Play the GAME!!!!!!!!:Clap:
Mr. Right Wrote:R U Kidding......Someone from Virgie wanting to take a look at birth certificates?

Thats priceless!Smile

Oh Heck more than priceless............:lmao:
Everybody quit bashin Shelby Valley, there already havin problem with there baseball team and now they dont need it for there football team, but yes I agree if they had a contract with them then they should of played
Pike Central did the same thing to Johnson Central this past season. Pike Central bought out the contract in June which left them with a short schedule, luckily JC was able to find another team.
NYY10 Wrote:Everybody quit bashin Shelby Valley, there already havin problem with there baseball team and now they dont need it for there football team, but yes I agree if they had a contract with them then they should of played
When you bring it on yourself. Its not bashin if its the TRUTH!:ChairHit:
PantherPride68 Wrote:When you bring it on yourself. Its not bashin if its the TRUTH!:ChairHit:

AMEN!!!!!!!!..by the way I heard today they are playing....good call on coach Saunders part.....
footballnut Wrote:AMEN!!!!!!!!..by the way I heard today they are playing....good call on coach Saunders part.....
It wouldve ruined his credibility locally if he hadnt have plyed the game.
I just checked the WVSSAC for Matewan's schedule - they show SV on that date.