Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morristown-West, TN 35 Harlan County 25
Bears go down to their Volunteer State opponent.
i knew MTW was alot better than MTE and thought they win that game..
They will bounch back
They are a good football team. 3A team. Still thought Harlan Co. would win this game.
Harlan County stats off with a L... Oh no.....
Just left this game. HC's D didn't look as strong as the past teams.
I really thought they would win this one.
Way to many miscues for the Bears, in the 1st half they had 4 delay flags and had to call two timeouts during the extra point attempt. Jake ran very well in the 1st half but West made adjustments and pretty much shut down the run, fumbles hurt the bears attempts to close the gap. I thought that Maggard hit his short range passes very well, but make no mistake about it West is a very quality team, that made the HC team pay for it's mistakes. It also is a great place to see a game, nice older stadium that seats a few thousand and they put on a great bowl game.
The Bears just wore down! They had 3rd and goal and didn't score after West fumbled the 2nd Half Kickoff, that would have given them the lead and I think it could have been different but that's behind them typical first game our coaching staff will make adjustments and the players will learn from this and move on! Cole Wilson played a good game on both sides of the ball.
Tough game!...MTW was a tough team!!!....nods to their win!

great seeing our boys on the field!....lots of great talent shinning through...of course there is room for improvment and I know they will!....Proud of all of our Bears!!!

:Thumbs:
Sounds like the Black Bear defense is full of holes bigtime, sort of a carry over from the last 4 or 5 games of last year. All the talk about the defense being great is just not true. I would like to know how many times going back to the last 5 games last year and this first game this year that this defense has given up long td runs where the runner was untouched? I know of 3 or 4 in one game against Clark county last year and 2 in the 4th quarter against Bell county last year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just left this game. HC's D didn't look as strong as the past teams.

Same D as last year dont think we lost anyone.
mTW was really big on offense and had a great o line.
They will 11+ games and they are 5a, had huge numbers also and didn't notice anyone going both ways.
We will be fine just got beat by a quality team after a bunch of mistakes. Get it out of way now.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Same D as last year dont think we lost anyone.
They will 11+ games and they are 5a, had huge numbers also and didn't notice anyone going both ways.
We will be fine just got beat by a quality team after a bunch of mistakes. Get it out of way now.

i though harlan lost a few good dlineman from last years team.. they don't look as big this year...
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Sounds like the Black Bear defense is full of holes bigtime, sort of a carry over from the last 4 or 5 games of last year. All the talk about the defense being great is just not true. I would like to know how many times going back to the last 5 games last year and this first game this year that this defense has given up long td runs where the runner was untouched? I know of 3 or 4 in one game against Clark county last year and 2 in the 4th quarter against Bell county last year.

For sake of argument lets consider 30+ yds a long

Morristown East 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Dunbar 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Gate City 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Lee County 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Knox 0 Td runs over 30 yards
GRC 5 Td runs over 30 yards
LCC 1 Td runs over 30 yards
Whitley 1 Td runs over 30 yards
PCC 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Bell 3 Td runs over 30 yards
Pulaski 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Lincoln 0 Td runs over 30 yards
Southwestern 0 Td runs over 30 yards

Mo-town West 1 Td runs over 30 yards

Harris went off for GRC and Bell is Bell, but outside of them HC defense has given up 3 in the last 14 games, IMHO not that bad, even given the 8 from those 2 games, that's 11 in 14 games...go back another season to the highlands game(0) Pulaski game (0) Whitley (1) mercer (0) thats 12 in 18 games...not that many

The HC defense is good and can be great. Coach Canady and the rest of the HC defensive staff will have them on point in no time.
Sounds like the defense was pretty good outside of a few big plays.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Same D as last year dont think we lost anyone.

Getting your years messed up last seaon they returned alot but this year they lost quite a few.
Time for ole Bear Paw to have a little crow breakfast...

I seriously underestimated West. There were people talking they were the number 5 team in TN and soon. The best ranking I could find on them was 58th overall. They are obviously much better than that. Their OL was huge and very athletic. Same for DL. Backs fast, and QB moved and threw well. In my honest opinion depthlayed a huge part in this game. HC gave up the big first play and failed to score inside the red zone once and inside the 10 once. You have to give West credit for bending but not breaking. In my opinion West is as good as anyone HC has played since Highlands. You just can't make the mistakes we made and get through it. We will be better for what we learned yesterday...
Amped 88 Wrote:Getting your years messed up last seaon they returned alot but this year they lost quite a few.

You could tell last night they had some young Defense.
IMO the Bears will be fine. They just played a better team.
8/18/2012
Morristown West (Tenn.) 35 Harlan Co. 25
Harlan Co. 13 6 0 6 25
Morristown West (Tenn.) 7 14 7 7 35
Scoring summary:
HC--Middleton 1 run (Wilson kick); MW--Horton 77 run (Capps kick); HC--Middleton 2 run (kick failed); MW--Epps 9 pass from Gardner (Capps kick); HC--Middleton 4 run (run failed); MW--Epps 9 pass from Gardner (Capps kick); MW--Lowery 15 pass from Gardner (Capps kick); HC--Maggard 5 run (run failed); MW--Epps 14 pass from Gardner (Capps kick).
Records: Morristown West (Tenn.) 1-0, Harlan Co. 0-1.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Congratulations to the Trojans on their win.
I love this stadium!! I didn't mind so much even when the kids crashed our tailgating with their fast trucks, flags and profanity..he he he.

Anyway, the problems that the Bears had are all correctible, and IMO will get better with time. Missed defensive assignments (Lord, that first O play from M'town will be in my nightmares for a while). Our offense played hard, and did a good job but for one or two places. I mean, you can NOT get in the red zone and not score...simple as that.

Morristown wasn't as good as I thought in some areas, but exceeded my expectations in others. Their timing pass plays to the corner of the end zone..wow!! I didn't expect their QB to be as strong and accurate as he was. Kudos to #6 Horton; he's the real deal.

So, looking forward to the I-High bowl next week...Sure that Coach will have us headed in the right direction!

Go Black Bears!!
Westside Wrote:IMO the Bears will be fine. They just played a better team.

Sums it up for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]