Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek 35 - Butler 28 (Scrimmage)
Butler had some big running plays, but didn't pass the ball much. Creek passed the ball quite a bit. I'm a little biased, but I thought sophmore QB, Graham Gordon was great... 13 of 20 for 176 yards passing, with 3 passing TD's... Great first start... below are his highlights...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1368417/#hig...s/14290458
CreekFan Wrote:Butler had some big running plays, but didn't pass the ball much. Creek passed the ball quite a bit. I'm a little biased, but I thought sophmore QB, Graham Gordon was great... 13 of 20 for 176 yards passing, with 3 passing TD's... Great first start... below are his highlights...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1368417/#hig...s/14290458

District runs through Lafayette or maybe Madison Central.
I figured Scott County was the big dog in this district... Like I said, I'm biased, but Creek has a lot of unknown talent to compliment Oxendine. They're going to start a sophmore at QB, but look what he did to Butler. They are ranked #4 in the 6A coaches poll and and Creek put up 176 yards passing and 3TD's (and that was all in 3 quarters before the JV got in)...
CreekFan Wrote:I figured Scott County was the big dog in this district... Like I said, I'm biased, but Creek has a lot of unknown talent to compliment Oxendine. They're going to start a sophmore at QB, but look what he did to Butler. They are ranked #4 in the 6A coaches poll and and Creek put up 176 yards passing and 3TD's (and that was all in 3 quarters before the JV got in)...

What are you talking about Creeker? Scott County is not in our distict. Let me refresh you who is in our district (8). George Rogers Clark, Lafayette, Madison Central and Tates Creek. In district 9 it's Station, Henry Clay, PLD and Scott County. Though you might want that information since your such a fan.
I didn't realize that... I'm not from around here, and I'm not a "Creeker". My kid plays for Creek, so that certainly makes me a fan. Just the same, thanks for the information...
CreekFan Wrote:I didn't realize that... I'm not from around here, and I'm not a "Creeker". My kid plays for Creek, so that certainly makes me a fan. Just the same, thanks for the information...

Your welcome brother. I myself is a homie. Living between Lexington Catholic and Lafayette, I have seen great games here in just walking distance for me. And no I do not have any kids that young, just love watching the game and getting involved somehow in both program. Would love to see other than Catholic or LCA here in Lexington do well perhaps in the 6A title game. We all know that is a stretch. Good luck Commodores.
What was Tates Creek running offensively and defensively? Last I had heard, they were spread and a 30 stack on defense
You can see the offense on the link I posted above... They are a spread. In the first 3 quarters against Butler (that's all the starters played), they threw the ball roughly 20 times, and ran it 10. Creek plans to pass the ball this year. On Defense (and I don't know much about defense), they are a 34, with down linbackers unless they need to drop back into coverage. Tates Creek has a lot of faith in their speedy corners, and the feeling I get, is they want to stack the middle and force teams to throw on them...

They did very well against Butler... I guess the real test starts Friday against West Jessamine...