Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 SEMO Football players investigated for hazing
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/fo...index.html

No criminal charges to be filed. Wrapped some players in duct tape.
Hazing is assault and should be treated as such by colleges. I detest players who feel they have a right to bully, harass, and harm other players simply because they got there first and happen to be a couple years older. Real leaders go from the front and inspire younger players to follow them based on how they behave. Jerks, weasels, weaklings, pathetic and non-talented assholes choose to form a small band of like minded assholes to harm a junior player in some way in order that they may feel like they have some authority.

As a freshmen at my high school many years ago I fought off six guys doing their best to haze me. They weren't willing to pay the price it was going to take to pull of the stunt and it stopped. They could have done it but it would have cost a few of them blood so they backed off. I stopped that tradition all together when I got to be a junior and ensured no Freshmen ever was mistreated while I was there. The best part of it was 10 years after I left my little cousin was a Freshmen and he was never hazed. Once I stopped it, it stopped for good and Seniors after me ensured young players were made to feel welcome on that team.