Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 58 Corbin 52
Final.
Any win AT Corbin is a good win.
Whitley didnt play exceptionally well, but did enough to lock up the number 1 seed for the district tournament.

Look like the district will be...
Whitley County vs. Williamsburg
Corbin vs. South Laurel

District is also at Whitley.
Good win for the Lady Colonels. Coach Anderson is a good coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any win AT Corbin is a good win.
Whitley didnt play exceptionally well, but did enough to lock up the number 1 seed for the district tournament.

Look like the district will be...
Whitley County vs. Williamsburg
Corbin vs. South Laurel

District is also at Whitley.

Whitley Co. may have not played well tonight, but it's this kind of road victory in hostile territory that makes the Lady Colonels a strong candidate to win the 13th Region Tournament!

Performance probably wasn't stellar but the road victory gets high marks!

Congrats to the Lady Colonels!!!!!!
Great Win for the Lady Colonels!!! To say the officiating was suspect is an understatement. When Corbin scored at least half of their total points on free throws....something is bad wrong! Because of years of similar treatment at this place, Whitley knew going in what to expect and came ready to beat eight. This win shows just how good this team really is! I am very proud to call myself a LADY COLONEL FAN!!! Smile
^
To win at Corbin by one, your team has to be 20 points better.
Just a fact.
Disagree. There are no referees trying to guarantee Corbin victories. Winning at Corbin is tough because in general Corbin's teams are tough and play their best at home, like any team.
Tobin Frost Wrote:Disagree. There are no referees trying to guarantee Corbin victories. Winning at Corbin is tough because in general Corbin's teams are tough and play their best at home, like any team.

Tell me when was the last time you ever heard of a team scoring at least half of their total points from the free throw line? This was a first......even for Corbin....Everyone saw what went on last night....we are not STUPID! Corbin is the only school I have ever been too that post Police Officers during every Girls and Boys Basketball games. I am sorry, but this is not a sign of "Toughness", in fact just the opposite. :dudecomeon:
Tobin Frost Wrote:Disagree. There are no referees trying to guarantee Corbin victories. Winning at Corbin is tough because in general Corbin's teams are tough and play their best at home, like any team.

:hilarious:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Great Win for the Lady Colonels!!! To say the officiating was suspect is an understatement. When Corbin scored at least half of their total points on free throws....something is bad wrong! Because of years of similar treatment at this place, Whitley knew going in what to expect and came ready to beat eight. This win shows just how good this team really is! I am very proud to call myself a LADY COLONEL FAN!!! Smile

I was there as well and to see Whitley County play that bad is an understatement. First half they didn't play well at all. If you would listen to the radio after the game, even Coach Anderson didn't blame the refs, just said it was a tightly called game.

Corbin did shoot alot from the line, but Whitley did foul alot to.
Are you guys saying that they are cheating Refs in the 13th
Corbin makes thier freethrows
Did Whitley have anyone foul out
If I'm not mistaken didn't Coach Anderson speak about all the free throws they missed after the game? Both teams went to the free throw line alot but Corbin did hit most of theirs.
Southern Pride Wrote:Are you guys saying that they are cheating Refs in the 13th

It's always the refs fault when their team don't hit all the missed lay ups and free throws, remember.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
To win at Corbin by one, your team has to be 20 points better.
Just a fact.

It's a conspiracy I tell you......... This type of excuse is just a crutch that people like to use to explain their losses. I know, I have been guilty at times as well, but some of you take it to new heights, or maybe I should say new lows.

I am really impressed by the improvement of Holly Disney for Corbin, she gave Whitley fits on the inside. Coach Parsons has really done a good job helping her improve her game. Brandi Smith is a special player for the Colonels, always like watching her play.
[quote=SEKYFAN]It's a conspiracy I tell you......... This type of excuse is just a crutch that people like to use to explain their losses. I know, I have been guilty at times as well, but some of you take it to new heights, or maybe I should say new lows.

I am really impressed by the improvement of Holly Disney for Corbin, she gave Whitley fits on the inside. Coach Parsons has really done a good job helping her improve her game. Brandi Smith is a special player for the Colonels, always like watching her play.[/QUOTE?

Who lost? I believe it was CORBIN.....even with the extra help....People aren't making excuses....just stating the obvious. The whole state knows what goes on at Corbin.....no one is fooled by your excuses!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:[quote=SEKYFAN]It's a conspiracy I tell you......... This type of excuse is just a crutch that people like to use to explain their losses. I know, I have been guilty at times as well, but some of you take it to new heights, or maybe I should say new lows.

I am really impressed by the improvement of Holly Disney for Corbin, she gave Whitley fits on the inside. Coach Parsons has really done a good job helping her improve her game. Brandi Smith is a special player for the Colonels, always like watching her play.[/QUOTE?

Who lost? I believe it was CORBIN.....even with the extra help....People aren't making excuses....just stating the obvious. The whole state knows what goes on at Corbin.....no one is fooled by your excuses!

If you were there and it was so badly called answer this. I sat in the middle of the court on table side. The official called a foul on opposite side up top on Corbin's guard. From my view it looked clean, which was right behind the official that made the call. If this call didn't happen Corbin could have pulled off an upset. I believe the lead was only 3 at this time and the guard was going for a wide open lay up. Pretty bad called game for Whitley, huh.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:[quote=SEKYFAN]It's a conspiracy I tell you......... This type of excuse is just a crutch that people like to use to explain their losses. I know, I have been guilty at times as well, but some of you take it to new heights, or maybe I should say new lows.

Since you seem to be such an authority, can you answer for me this question. Why do ALL of the officials call for Corbin. Is everyone in on this, all the way up to the Commissioner of the KHSAA? I have heard some other knowledgable people such as you state things such as this.
SEKYFAN Wrote:[quote=Basketball Wizzard]
Since you seem to be such an authority, can you answer for me this question. Why do ALL of the officials call for Corbin. Is everyone in on this, all the way up to the Commissioner of the KHSAA? I have heard some other knowledgable people such as you state things such as this.

Tell you what you can do, go to the KHSAA website and see where most of the officials who call the 13th region live. You will see Corbin alot. We all know that they would not be biased with the good ol boy network around Corbin....... This is the last comment I'm going to make on this subject. We can agree to disagree.:argue::argue:
SEKYFAN Wrote:It's a conspiracy I tell you......... This type of excuse is just a crutch that people like to use to explain their losses. I know, I have been guilty at times as well, but some of you take it to new heights, or maybe I should say new lows.

I am really impressed by the improvement of Holly Disney for Corbin, she gave Whitley fits on the inside. Coach Parsons has really done a good job helping her improve her game. Brandi Smith is a special player for the Colonels, always like watching her play.

LOL, what kind of excuses am i making?
We won the game.

It's no secret that you get throttled at Corbin everytime you go there. Thats why every team in the region that wins at Corbin and even teams from other regions that win at Corbin say "you know your good if you go into corbin and win playing 7 on 5."

Granted its not as bad as it use to be, but your not stupid (atleast i hope not) and know that over the years Corbin has got more calls than a telemarketer.

Good win for the Lady Colonels.
Smith and the rest of the girls have a legit shot at winning the region.
Have to ask...does anyone understand what "overrated" was trying to say? No idea...

Last comment on the refs...have been a referee (23 years) and heard from crew members, "can you believe that coach and those fans? Doing the best I can, and I could not care less who wins." Have been a coach (19 years) and always wondered in any loss if "that referee" was on "the take". Have been in the stands at one school and heard, "they will never let us win here...you have to play 7 on 5...can count on getting cheated here", then transferred to their arch rival and heard exactly.the.same.thing. Guarantee some Corbin fans think they get the screws at Whitley.

Just saying, it is all about perspective. Thought Coach Anderson's comments were classy, despite his side of the fence.
You guys are full of crap
The worst called games I have ever seen was at Whitley County
Im not talking about this yr either
Much rather play at Corbin
Tobin Frost Wrote:Have to ask...does anyone understand what "overrated" was trying to say? No idea...
Last comment on the refs...have been a referee (23 years) and heard from crew members, "can you believe that coach and those fans? Doing the best I can, and I could not care less who wins." Have been a coach (19 years) and always wondered in any loss if "that referee" was on "the take". Have been in the stands at one school and heard, "they will never let us win here...you have to play 7 on 5...can count on getting cheated here", then transferred to their arch rival and heard exactly.the.same.thing. Guarantee some Corbin fans think they get the screws at Whitley.

Just saying, it is all about perspective. Thought Coach Anderson's comments were classy, despite his side of the fence.

lol, its part of my signature that i saved.
He got mad becuase we were bashing syracuse players in the college bball thread and hes a huge fan, and thats how he responded, which got him a 30 day ban.
Southern Pride Wrote:You guys are full of crap
The worst called games I have ever seen was at Whitley County
Im not talking about this yr either
Much rather play at Corbin
The worst place to play is south laurel:drooling: