Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Scrimmage results.
Wasn't able to make it out to this one can anyone fill me in.
Paintsville, Phelps and Knott All took turns at 10 play series on O & D. Paintsville was the clear better team tonight. I was pleasantly surprised.
Paintsville put up around 8 TDs tonight while Phelps put up 3 or 4 and Knott was blanked. Paintsville's D didn't give up any scores, that I recall. Looked like a totally different team from last season. Not going to go into to much depth about who did what.

If people wanna see how the Tigers are playing and who's doing what. All I have to say is. Come sit in the bleachers with the rest of us! Good Job tonight young Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville, Phelps and Knott All took turns at 10 play series on O & D. Paintsville was the clear better team tonight. I was pleasantly surprised.
Paintsville put up around 8 TDs tonight while Phelps put up 3 or 4 and Knott was blanked. Paintsville's D didn't give up any scores, that I recall. Looked like a totally different team from last season. Not going to go into to much depth about who did what.

If people wanna see how the Tigers are playing and who's doing what. All I have to say is. Come sit in the bleachers with the rest of us! Good Job tonight young Tigers!

Good stuff. I had a good feeling about this years bunch hopefully Ill get to come out and see them.
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville, Phelps and Knott All took turns at 10 play series on O & D. Paintsville was the clear better team tonight. I was pleasantly surprised.

How can you say paintsville was the better team when they didnt score on phelps until their 3rd string was in?
The truth shall set you free!!!!!
myhero#5 Wrote:How can you say paintsville was the better team when they didnt score on phelps until their 3rd string was in?

And what were you watchin? Paintsville scored in EVERY series except their second one against Knott. Paintsville's first two O-Series were against Knott D. Then everyone switched and Paintsville's next two O-Series was against Phelps and they scored both times. I wasn't talking about the last series of the night when the younger kids got in.

If Phelps would have been the better team there, I would have said it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
myhero#5 Wrote:How can you say paintsville was the better team when they didnt score on phelps until their 3rd string was in?

3rd string??? Phelps didn't have enough players to have a 3rd string. Yea some of their players might be the 3rd option at certain positions, but that's it.

As for the scrimmage, I left after the first 5 plays of Paintsville's first offensive series against Phelps' defense. Up until that point, Paintsville looked like the better team of the 3, but after that I couldn't tell ya cause I wasnt there for the rest. Phelps went nowhere against Paintsville's defense except for 2, maybe 3 plays longer than 5 or 6 yards, other than that they went nowhere, not to mention they had a couple turnovers.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:3rd string??? Phelps didn't have enough players to have a 3rd string. Yea some of their players might be the 3rd option at certain positions, but that's it.

As for the scrimmage, I left after the first 5 plays of Paintsville's first offensive series against Phelps' defense. Up until that point, Paintsville looked like the better team of the 3, but after that I couldn't tell ya cause I wasnt there for the rest. Phelps went nowhere against Paintsville's defense except for 2, maybe 3 plays longer than 5 or 6 yards, other than that they went nowhere, not to mention they had a couple turnovers.

You can believe me. I stayed there till the end. Mark Fannin scored one of them right in front of me, where the score board is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:You can believe me. I stayed there till the end. Mark Fannin scored one of them right in front of me, where the score board is.

Speaking of Mark Fannin, IMO he should be the QB. He proved lastnight that he could run the ball, as did #5. You put Fannin at QB you have the option of running the option with a QB who can run and a RB (#5) who can run, or you can throw the ball, the kid can do both. He's much faster and he has the better arm by far. But that's just my opinion. I think Daniels would be better fit at TE.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:Speaking of Mark Fannin, IMO he should be the QB. He proved lastnight that he could run the ball, as did #5. You put Fannin at QB you have the option of running the option with a QB who can run and a RB (#5) who can run, or you can throw the ball, the kid can do both. He's much faster and he has the better arm by far. But that's just my opinion. I think Daniels would be better fit at TE.

Daniels busted out a 40 or 50 yarder last night for a TD. Has gotten quicker and looks a lot more mature out there. He just wasn't ready his freshman year. That's a BIG step to make for any kid. I will say this though. I do agree that Fannin needs to be out there a lot more. HECK, why not throw some good ole "Bone" at the deffense from time to time? With Helton, Fannin and Ray. That would be fun to see again!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Daniels busted out a 40 or 50 yarder last night for a TD. Has gotten quicker and looks a lot more mature out there. He just wasn't ready his freshman year. That's a BIG step to make for any kid. I will say this though. I do agree that Fannin needs to be out there a lot more. HECK, why not throw some good ole "Bone" at the deffense from time to time? With Helton, Fannin and Ray. That would be fun to see again!!

Iv been sayin that for the past 4 years lol.
That's great news for the Paintsville faithful. I had a feeling Paintsville would get back on the right track. You can't hold a good program down long. Too much pride for that . Good luck Tigers.
Dragonsdad Wrote:That's great news for the Paintsville faithful. I had a feeling Paintsville would get back on the right track. You can't hold a good program down long. Too much pride for that . Good luck Tigers.

Figures you would come up with a good team the year we have to start playing you guys again. Our schedule is already tough enough with non district power games like 4A Ashland tomcats, 2A Russell red devils, Lawrence Co bulldogs, 1A always good Pikeville, 3A East Carter raiders, 4A Greenup Co muskies. #8 in some polls 1A Fairview. Now a very improved Paintsville tigers. Will it ever end? Hope you guys do have a great season. Just eat, drink to much just right before the game against us. Just kidding!! Good luck tiger fans..
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Figures you would come up with a good team the year we have to start playing you guys again. Our schedule is already tough enough with non district power games like 4A Ashland tomcats, 2A Russell red devils, Lawrence Co bulldogs, 1A always good Pikeville, 3A East Carter raiders, 4A Greenup Co muskies. #8 in some polls 1A Fairview. Now a very improved Paintsville tigers. Will it ever end? Hope you guys do have a great season. Just eat, drink to much just right before the game against us. Just kidding!! Good luck tiger fans..

LOL......We are improved. BUT, NOT near the level of the teams you listed. MAN THAT'S A TOUGH SCHEDULE!!!! :notworthy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:LOL......We are improved. BUT, NOT near the level of the teams you listed. MAN THAT'S A TOUGH SCHEDULE!!!! :notworthy

Tell me about it... We have a young team. With some good talent. But what a schedule for a 1A. We always play a very competative non district schedule. But this year we beefed it up even more with the addition of Lawrence Co, Pikeville and a Portsmouth, Ohio team. Very well could go into district play with a losing record and not be that bad of a team. Hopefully mentally and physically we will survive till the distict starts. Then we can compete on a 1A level.
You know what they say,Ram Fan,what don't kill ya only makes you stronger.LOL
OffTheHook Wrote:And what were you watchin? Paintsville scored in EVERY series except their second one against Knott. Paintsville's first two O-Series were against Knott D. Then everyone switched and Paintsville's next two O-Series was against Phelps and they scored both times. I wasn't talking about the last series of the night when the younger kids got in.

If Phelps would have been the better team there, I would have said it.
Actually the first time they went 10 plays with phelps's defense thehy had a total of 23 yards. The reason i know this is because i play.
myhero#5 Wrote:Actually the first time they went 10 plays with phelps's defense thehy had a total of 23 yards. The reason i know this is because i play.

Well, good job! They must have scored while you were on the sidelines then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Figures you would come up with a good team the year we have to start playing you guys again. Our schedule is already tough enough with non district power games like 4A Ashland tomcats, 2A Russell red devils, Lawrence Co bulldogs, 1A always good Pikeville, 3A East Carter raiders, 4A Greenup Co muskies. #8 in some polls 1A Fairview. Now a very improved Paintsville tigers. Will it ever end? Hope you guys do have a great season. Just eat, drink to much just right before the game against us. Just kidding!! Good luck tiger fans..

Paintsville will kepp getting better this is a VERY young team. My goodness though that is a unbelieveable schedule.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Paintsville will kepp getting better this is a VERY young team. My goodness though that is a unbelieveable schedule.

I'm happy that the tigers are making a come back. I've followed them for years and years. I played against some of the tough teams of the 70's. My kids played against them in the early to mid 90's. Always really good teams up till the early 90's. My guess is Johnson Central hurts alot on kids. Hope the tigers the best of luck and hope you lose only one district game!! Love to see you go 10-1 in the regular season.