Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Paul 2012
Do you support Ron Paul, Why or Why not?
I don't support Ron Paul for the Republican nomination for president but if he gets the nomination, I will vote for him in a heartbeat over Obama in the general election.

I fully support Ron Paul on most economic issues but his views on foreign relations and national defense are too isolationist for my tastes.

Unlike 2008 Republican presidential candidate, John McCain, I respect Dr. Paul. I am glad that he is in the House and I hate to see him resigning to run for president because I do not believe that he is electable.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't support Ron Paul for the Republican nomination for president but if he gets the nomination, I will vote for him in a heartbeat over Obama in the general election.

I fully support Ron Paul on most economic issues but his views on foreign relations and national defense are too isolationist for my tastes.

Unlike 2008 Republican presidential candidate, John McCain, I respect Dr. Paul. I am glad that he is in the House and I hate to see him resigning to run for president because I do not believe that he is electable.
I agree. I can listen to Dr. Paul and see how genuinely concerned he is about getting this country back on track...Right up to the point he starts talking about foreign policy and defense. His exaggerated Libertarian views on the two crush any hopes of him getting my vote in the primary. The fact he doesn't realize how many voters he turns off by insisting our military has no business abroad makes me wonder about him. If McCain were to enter the primary, Paul would get my vote against him. The only other candidate I would vote for Paul over is our current President.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I agree. I can listen to Dr. Paul and see how genuinely concerned he is about getting this country back on track...Right up to the point he starts talking about foreign policy and defense. His exaggerated Libertarian views on the two crush any hopes of him getting my vote in the primary. The fact he doesn't realize how many voters he turns off by insisting our military has no business abroad makes me wonder about him. If McCain were to enter the primary, Paul would get my vote against him. The only other candidate I would vote for Paul over is our current President.
:Thumbs: I was disgusted at the way McCain ridiculed Paul during the 2008 debates. He openly laughed while Paul spoke during the debates on multiple occasions and Mike Huckster, good Christian that he claims to be, did not treat him any better. While all of the Republican candidates tried to portray themselves as the second coming of Ronald Reagan in the 2008 campaign, with the exception of his foreign policy views, Ron Paul is much closer to Reagan's than either McCain or Huckabee. Ronald Reagan was a class act. McCain, Huckabee, and Obama are more like class clowns.
I'm going to register as a Republican and vote for Ron Paul in the primary.