Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CVG airfare 2nd highest in nation
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111...|FRONTPAGE

The average price fares at Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport jumped nearly 12 percent in the second quarter, according to the latest U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

The airport in Hebron was second only to the Memphis airport with the most expensive fares among the top 100 airports, with an average ticket price of $476.06 compared to $476.22 at the Memphis facility.

The average increase in air fares across the nation during the second quarter, compared with the year-earlier period, was 8.5 percent.
Highest Average Fares

1. Memphis, TN - $476
2. Cincinnati, OH - $476
3. Washington Dulles - $475
4. Huntsville, AL - $473
5. Houston Bush, TX - $473

Lowest Average Fares

1. Atlantic City, NJ - $205
2. Long Beach, CA - $247
3. Ft. Lauderdale, FL - $266
4. Bellingham, WA - $267
5. Orlando, FL - $280

Source: Bureau of Transportation Statistics
and they wonder why people in Great Cincinnati will drive to Lexington, Louisville, Indy, Dayton, or Columbus to fly somewhere
I've been through Cincy's airport once,and I hated it. I prefer bigger airports.
nky Wrote:and they wonder why people in Great Cincinnati will drive to Lexington, Louisville, Indy, Dayton, or Columbus to fly somewhere

I do a LOT of flying annually for work. I have taken the drive from Alexandria to Dayton ONE time to save the company money. After that, I said screw it. Landing at 10:00 PM and then making that boring drive down 75S was enough for me to justify paying the extra to fly from CVG.

The issue is that no one would support the low fair carriers when they were here. Now, Delta is IT!!! I can blame myself for that as well. It was always more important to me to get my Skymiles, so when a carrier would have comparable or slightly lower rates, I'd still choose Delta in order to benefit myself. Only a few times did I fly United or Continental back in the day.

Three weeks ago I flew to Boston, with a 2 week advance, it still cost me $900. Last week I wend to DC, booking less than 2 weeks, I paid $420. The rates are so volatile, that it's become ridiculous.
Stardust Wrote:I do a LOT of flying annually for work. I have taken the drive from Alexandria to Dayton ONE time to save the company money. After that, I said screw it. Landing at 10:00 PM and then making that boring drive down 75S was enough for me to justify paying the extra to fly from CVG.

The issue is that no one would support the low fair carriers when they were here. Now, Delta is IT!!! I can blame myself for that as well. It was always more important to me to get my Skymiles, so when a carrier would have comparable or slightly lower rates, I'd still choose Delta in order to benefit myself. Only a few times did I fly United or Continental back in the day.

Three weeks ago I flew to Boston, with a 2 week advance, it still cost me $900. Last week I wend to DC, booking less than 2 weeks, I paid $420. The rates are so volatile, that it's become ridiculous.
Not to mention that I feel so much safer flying Delta. You always see Continental crashes or the United and AA flights getting hijacked. Delta has been the only one that seems to avoid the negative pub other than prices.
^ You know, I never even weighed in on that, but you are right, flying Delta just has that feeling of safety and security. I get very frustrated with them a lot, but I just don't want to change from them.