Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK had $253,396 deficit for Birmingham bowl
The Birmingham (Ala.) News reported on its Web site Thursday that the University of Kentucky ran a deficit of $253,396 in Birmingham for the BBVA Compass Bowl against Pittsburgh. That's due in large part to 5,540 unsold tickets, according to the school's bowl expense report.

Kentucky received an expense allowance of $1,005,400 from the SEC and spent $1,258,796. The school absorbed $276,740 in unsold tickets, split nearly equally by Kentucky and the SEC, according to the al.com report.

Kentucky reported selling 4,460 tickets from a 7,000-ticket commitment, resulting in a loss of $126,740.

The amount lost on unsold tickets far exceeds the $63,960 that South Carolina lost a year earlier in Birmingham when the Gamecocks sold 8,593 tickets.

Kentucky spent $153,712 for players and staff on meals and lodging over five nights in Birmingham.

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/04/16574...rylink=rss
Kill the football program, it's not worth it!
Stardust Wrote:Kill the football program, it's not worth it!

But they have been to five straight "Bowl" games:biggrin:
I guess we just didn't want to go down to Birmingham and watch our team get whalloped by a mediocre Pittsburgh team.
Aslan Wrote:This is one reason why 6-6 teams shouldn't be in bowl games.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Kill the football program, it's not worth it!

UK football has not been relevant since Bryant left 60 years ago.:lmao:
No wonder. That was one of the crappiest games I've ever watched. Ugh, I don't even want to think about it, it was just filled with so much suck.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:UK football has not been relevant since Bryant left 60 years ago.:lmao:

Would being nationally ranked and beating top ten teams be considered relevant to you? That has happened in the last few years. Not saying they have the rich tradition of the football gods of Mountaineer country or anything; just wondering.:moon:
Jarons Wrote:But they have been to five straight "Bowl" games:biggrin:

Play games around the toilet bowl, but don't WASTE money on meaningless bowl games!
What about the last bowl games? Was there a loss?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Would being nationally ranked and beating top ten teams be considered relevant to you? That has happened in the last few years. Not saying they have the rich tradition of the football gods of Mountaineer country or anything; just wondering.:moon:

Oh that's right, y'all had Timmy Ouch.:lmao:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Oh that's right, y'all had Timmy Ouch.:lmao:

Yo've got names for everything, huh?
153k for food and lodging for 5 nights....

None of the things I was referring to happened when Couch was at UK. UK would have had a better stretch if Mike Archer hadn't have been the defensive coordinator.........oh yeah I forgot
:flame::flame:

You forgot when we had Andre Wood(bigger then yours)son :lmao:
I went to the the bowl game. Huge mistake! I can't describe how bad the stadium was. I can't even begin to explain how horrible the neighborhood was. It was like being at a county fair in the poorest section of town. Simply awful. Then the Cats laid an absolute egg. Thankfully beer was cheap. Never again. This bowl game should be stopped. :flush:
HawksRule Wrote:You forgot when we had Andre Wood(bigger then yours)son :lmao:

Classic, Love it man:thatsfunn:Thumbs:TongueirateSho:igiveup::lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]