Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Impressive? Favres 297 or Ripkens 2,632?
Ill give it a little while before I weigh my thoughts on this one..both streaks are amazing though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not even a debate to me. CRJ played baseball, give me a break. Any of us on BGR could chill in the outfield for a few hours a day, catch a fly ball every now and then.
Favre's played football, a mans sport. His streak is definitely more impressive.
Favre's by far!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Considering Favre has played with broken bones and everything else i can think of. Favres no doubt.
How many seasons were each of these streaks?

It is hard to imagine a football player, certainly a QUARTERBACK keeping that streak alive. 11 men on that field are trying to stop you, at LEAST 3 usually 5 men's job is to hit you. Not that way with Cal.

HOWEVER, Most football seasons last about 4 months if you include the post-season, right? That is 8 months for surgery's healing, etc... Baseball begins in April and isn't over until October. 7 Months, 8 if you could Spring training, etc...

Also, in football a player has at least 5 days to recover in baseball, you might have 5 games in a week!

One other item to note is that I know Cal played at least two and I think maybe even 3 different positions in his career.

Both of streaks are incredible. I am still leaning towards Favre because people are TRYING to hurt you on every play.
Yea the physicality of football really gives him the edge. I really think favres record will be broken soon though. The game just isnt as physical as it used to be.
This is more difficult than most people would imagine. Imagine playing 17 straight seasons, five games a week most of the time, without EVER taking a day off. Not to mention, he played the two toughest positions (IMO) in baseball (3rd and SS)..Cals streak is absolutely mind boggling to me. But then again, so is Favres. Much tougher game, bigger men trying to kill you..yeah 18 seasons. Wow..just wrap your head around both of those streaks. Absolutely amazing. Cool thing, is that I got to witness BOTH of them!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, BOTH are two VERY Equal Impressive streaks! BUT, I think Farve's streak could come closer to being broken than Ripken's. That's a lot of freakin baseball!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
There were alot of times when Favre would come in, hurt, play the first half and set out the rest of the game. Also I think Peyton will break his streak.

Cal's I think is better. You might not get hit in baseball but it is stilla strain on the body, especially playing shortstop and third. Moving to your sides diving and stretching to make plays can put a strain on your muscles. Now imagine doing that everyday. Never missing work for 2,632 days. Thats doesn't include spring training.
Amun-Ra Wrote:There were alot of times when Favre would come in, hurt, play the first half and set out the rest of the game. Also I think Peyton will break his streak.

Cal's I think is better. You might not get hit in baseball but it is stilla strain on the body, especially playing shortstop and third. Moving to your sides diving and stretching to make plays can put a strain on your muscles. Now imagine doing that everyday. Never missing work for 2,632 days. Thats doesn't include spring training.

Last time I said this people went crazy on here. But, a few of the names I mentioned have already been made public, so here it goes.

He played in a time when the juice and other substances weren't on the banned list. That's why I say that there is no way I guy can go out and play day in and day out like that without some type of "assistance". That is A LOT of abuse on the body.
Most of the guys, not all, btu most from that era used something a little extra. Things weren't banned or tested for then so, Why not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Both are simply amazing but I got to go with Favre's streak.
Aslan Wrote:Not even a debate to me. CRJ played baseball, give me a break. Any of us on BGR could chill in the outfield for a few hours a day, catch a fly ball every now and then.
Favre's played football, a mans sport. His streak is definitely more impressive.

:Thumbs: I agree especially considering a QB is involved in almost every offensive play.
As with many, Favre's streak and it is not even debatable!
You have to go with Brett.
It is mindblowing to think that he played EVERY week.
I can remember when he went down with a concussion in a Monday Night game and came back after half time.
Favre's streak is amazing. He played hurt so many times. took a beating on the field.
Favre's for sure, in a sport were you get hit every week, and Favre played a lot of these games before they started protecting Quarterbacks like nowadays, and when helmet-to-helmet wasn't a big deal to the league. Favre is a trooper!
#1 song when Favre's streak started....
Boyz II Men - End of the Road
Farve's by far. Football is much more physical than baseball
I think Farve's is better..