Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central 98 Shelby Valley 91 -- OT
"SuperStar" Wrote:Mitchell Riddle had as much to do with SV losing the game last night as anyone. His ball handling ability has cost SV on more than one occasion this season...

Why does Booher have him handling the ball?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I think now, everyone around the valley area wishes Rowe was back. But the question is, does anyone think he will come back after the way he was treated the first time?

I have some friends that attend church with him, and they said he told them he was glad he retired and was as happy as he had ever been.
Because the boy has handles
"ACE" Wrote:Rowe was a good coach. Where is he at now?

Probably at the house like the rest of the players who should be playing on that team that have quit.
Congrats to Pike Central Hawks!! What a great game!

Also good job valley, you guys played hard!
Another way of looking at it is, Rowe played the players with talent, they won alot of games, but he got pushed out the back door. Booher is playing the people he is told to play, losing games and looking to get a principal job... go figure things in the valley area.
"basketballjones" Wrote:Why does Booher have him handling the ball?

Your guess is as good as mine...
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:Because the boy has handles

You have got to be kidding me. Riddle turns the ball over waaaaay too much. So much that Booher had to take him out near the end of regulation. Way too much one handed passing off the dribble... If you think he has handles then you must think Elisha Justice in king...
I watched the game on replay and it appeared to me that Riddle was the only player willing to handle the ball. The others passed the ball and ran up the floor. Riddle needs more shots for himself. The others make sure they get shots and Riddle is left holding the bag. Just my interpretaion after watching the game:blabbermo . I think SV has some good talent but I question some of their team play. If they would play as hard as AC they would be in the hunt for the region title.........along with about 6 or 7 other teams:Geek:
"DTA" Wrote:I watched the game on replay and it appeared to me that Riddle was the only player willing to handle the ball. The others passed the ball and ran up the floor. Riddle needs more shots for himself. The others make sure they get shots and Riddle is left holding the bag. Just my interpretaion after watching the game:blabbermo.

Then why did Coach Booher put Riddle in at the end of regulation and then have to take him right back out after two consecutive turnovers. He wouldn't even have gotten in during overtime if John Johnson and Cade Riddle hadn't fouled out. Riddle is a liability when it comes to ballhandling...
wow Riddle is getting bashed hard he is a good player everyone and everyone makes turnovers he would have been in at the end of the game if he hadnt had 4 fouls IMO...
Riddle is a good player, but he is absolutely not solid with his ball handling ability. Way too many turnovers for a player of his caliber. If Pikeville puts the pressure on tonight you will see it...
Superstar,after talking to a SV graduate I was told that he is a 2 time district MVP and rated a pre-season top 10 player in the region. I do not think he has forgotten how to play or dribble. Next time let the other Riddle and Johnson bring the ball up the floor :thumb:. I was just stating an opinion of what I saw. If you think Riddle is a liabilty then I question your knowledge of basketball. :no: One more question fro you, Why is Riddle bringing the ball up the floor? I thought the PG was Jacksin and an 8th grader?
"DTA" Wrote:Superstar,after talking to a SV graduate I was told that he is a 2 time district MVP and rated a pre-season top 10 player in the region. I do not think he has forgotten how to play or dribble. Next time let the other Riddle and Johnson bring the ball up the floor :thumb:. I was just stating an opinion of what I saw. If you think Riddle is a liabilty then I question your knowledge of basketball. :no: One more question fro you, Why is Riddle bringing the ball up the floor? I thought the PG was Jacksin and an 8th grader?

In a press offense more than one person is involved in bringing the ball up the floor. That is why Mitchell get the opportunity to handle the ball and turn it over as much as he does. That is also why Riddle was replaced in the closing minutes against Pike Central. :thumb: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I'll make sure to post the turnover stats from future games so you can see what I'm talking about.
Trust me I know a thing or two about press offenses. Apparently spacing was a problem. Do they have a press offense or do they just run around as it appeared? When you post turnover stats would you please post shot stats with them? I would like to see how the ball is distributed among the players. What kind of JV record did the junior and senior class at SV have when they played JV? AC usually has a mediocre JV because most of the young kids play varsity ball:rock:
Good win Pike Central!
i jsut wanna say its awesome that valley fans on this thread arnt posting that they got robbed and stuff... most teams would say taht... i just think that is like awesome class
"DTA" Wrote:Trust me I know a thing or two about press offenses. Apparently spacing was a problem. Do they have a press offense or do they just run around as it appeared? When you post turnover stats would you please post shot stats with them? I would like to see how the ball is distributed among the players. What kind of JV record did the junior and senior class at SV have when they played JV? AC usually has a mediocre JV because most of the young kids play varsity ball:rock:

The senior class at Valley had the best JV team ever in school history. Going like 23-1, losing to Lexington Catholic by 2. I wonder how good that team could have been this season? But Riddle wasn't handling the ball then,
Donovan Bentley and Mike Bartley took care of the ball. That team was coached by Doe Doe Rowe. But these boys dont play anymore, because of Booher, along with other players. The SV program is a joke right now too much politics and pathetic administrators.