Poll: Who do you think will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Martha Layne Collins
77.78%
Western
22.22%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western @ Martha Layne Collins 11/19
4A Region Two Championship

Thoughts?
Martha L Collins.
Collins to the Semi's
Western is no slouch, and seeing what they have done to some big schools, I give them a fighters chance. But, I have been impressed with MLC all season, have to give them the 6 point edge
MLC-21
Western-14
Western and Collins is going to be the best game in the state this week.

I have been looking foward to this one the entire season, Collins has besically scored on every team in bunches, and Western hasnt givin up very many points, against probably the toughest schedule in 4A

Ben Axile will be covered the entire night by Leon Melvin, Melvin is getting very close to becoming the leading INT in KY history, and is a two time first team all state corner.

Western 24
Collins 14
The Iceboxx Wrote:Western and Collins is going to be the best game in the state this week.

I have been looking foward to this one the entire season, Collins has besically scored on every team in bunches, and Western hasnt givin up very many points, against probably the toughest schedule in 4A

Ben Axile will be covered the entire night by Leon Melvin, Melvin is getting very close to becoming the leading INT in KY history, and is a two time first team all state corner.

Western 24
Collins 14

Axline got hurt last night. I have not heard how bad yet. Western will probably hold Collins below their average, I think Collins will score more than 14 though.
35-21 mlc
The Iceboxx Wrote:Western and Collins is going to be the best game in the state this week.

Western 24
Collins 14

Axline did get hurt but I think that he will play next week. Axline is not MLC's only great receiver. They also have Tavis Elzy and Darian Dugle. I doubt that Western will be able to hold MLC to 14.
Courtesy Calpreps - Western 21 at*Collins 31 http://www.Calpreps.com
Mlc
Collins has one of the past passing games in the state, Western has a pretty darn good defense (very aggresive) this game could very well be a overtime game, i say Western by 3 in OT
MLC 35 to 28.
Collins 35 Western 21
Mlc
Mlc
I heard today that Ben Axline is out for the rest of the season. He tore his ACL in the game against Fairdale.
If MLC has to play without Axile, I change my opnion on Western winning by a little to the Warrios winning by 20+.

Collins is a very good team, but without Axile Western will be able to roll their defense and just now put Melvin on their second best player and Richey on their third, and send the house at the MLC backfield.

Western 28
Collins 7
The Iceboxx Wrote:If MLC has to play without Axile, I change my opnion on Western winning by a little to the Warrios winning by 20+.

Collins is a very good team, but without Axile Western will be able to roll their defense and just now put Melvin on their second best player and Richey on their third, and send the house at the MLC backfield.

Western 28
Collins 7

If you think loosing Axline is the end of our offense your majorly mistaken. The are a lot more weapons than just Axline. I hope Westerns team thinks the same as you do.
I agree with King Titan, losing Ben Axline is a big blow to MLC, but don't think for a minute that MLC does not have more athletes to help compensate for his loss.
I agree, with King Titan and Navajo4life. Axline is a big part of the offense, but he is not the only part. Tavis Elzy, Andrew Page, Darian Dugle, and Daniel Dixie are also very talented recievers. Darian Dugle, and Michael Brooks are very talented and fast running backs. MLC also has great special teams. Cedric Hinkle has returned many kickoffs for touchdown and has had a couple of interceptions this season. I believe that MLC will be fine without Ben Axline. I'm predicting a 35-28 win for the Titans.
Western has a big chip on it shoulder, After losing to Marrion County last year.