Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central - What is it going to take to get a strong program?
I heard Tates Creek and Henry Clay will be on the schedule!
GO out and get TOny Saylor as a head coach.......

or as a defensive coordinator
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'd say they have a realistic shot at finishing the season at 7-3 or maybe 8-2. I dont know anything about Williamson but their district games look to be the only challenge for them. They should easily beat the rest of their non district opponents.

Look for the following on Perry's schedule next season:

Knox
P-burg
Lawrence
Whitley
Letcher
Tates Creek
Harlan
Johnson Central
Somerset
I was only joking when I posted the mock schedule. That would of been easier than this years schedule.

If Justin goes out and schedules all those tough teams that you have above, he will be lucky to have a team left come playoff time, that is if he even makes the playoffs. The loss of this years seniors will be much worse than most of you think. You are talking about playing guys that have never played football in their life replacing Axle, Dillion, and John Deaton on the line. I dont care how good Rankin or Darryl is, they wont have time to blink without a good oline. I just dont see how Justin is going to replace those guys. I hope he can though.
Go4Gold Wrote:Look for the following on Perry's schedule next season:

Knox
P-burg
Lawrence
Whitley
Letcher
Tates Creek
Harlan
Johnson Central
Somerset

With this schedule, i see us 5-5. Maybe 6-4 if we can pull off an upset.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:With this schedule, i see us 5-5. Maybe 6-4 if we can pull off an upset.

Who are the 5 wins?

Knox
P-burg
Lawrence
Whitley
Letcher
Tates Creek
Harlan
Johnson Central
Somerset

With this schedule, i see us 5-5. Maybe 6-4 if we can pull off an upset.
Yogibear Wrote:Who are the 5 wins?

Lawrence
P-Burg (excellent game)
Letcher
Whitley

Nevermind about 5-5 lol i was thinking there was another team on here so 4-6.

Knox
P-burg
Lawrence
Whitley
Letcher
Tates Creek
Harlan
Johnson Central
Somerset

I'd like to see Pburg, LC, and Knox then a few cake games, and of course district games.
Yogibear Wrote:Who are the 5 wins?

I plan on one of them being Harlan County Wink
See ya next year Yogi
perrys line will be ok they'll have an anchor in the middle with jared deaton then they'll have derrick luttrell and corey hoskins and a couple of suprises..their back field is stacked they'll be a pretty overwhelming team

Knox
P-burg
Lawrence
Whitley
Letcher
Tates Creek
Harlan
Johnson Central
Somerset

Ouch, If your a PCC fan. You better hope this isn't the schedule.
There is a possibility that PCC could lose every game. Not likely but a possibility. As much of one as them going undefeated this past year.
MVP2 Wrote:Ouch, If your a PCC fan. You better hope this isn't the schedule.

That has to be a joke lol
I know for a fact that Clay and Perry are working on a bowl game with each other so they can still play.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There is a possibility that PCC could lose every game. Not likely but a possibility. As much of one as them going undefeated this past year.

The probability of them going undefeated, though it is always a possibility, is very unlikely.
Especially with Letcher on the schedule Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:That has to be a joke lol
I know for a fact that Clay and Perry are working on a bowl game with each other so they can still play.

I hope so, I like Coach Haddix. I want to see him success and bring PC football to another yet, that schedule brings his up from some of Browne's cupcakes but I dont think you want to make it that difficult in your 2nd season. I dont see any games on that schedule, where PC would be going into it as a favorite.
zaga_fan Wrote:The probability of them going undefeated, though it is always a possibility, is very unlikely.
Especially with Letcher on the schedule Wink

If they are going to go undefeated it better be the upcoming season because graduation is going to ravage the Commodores after that.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If they are going to go undefeated it better be the upcoming season because graduation is going to ravage the Commodores after that.

Definitely.
They'll have a QB and a buncha scrubs unless someone shows up this year.
Just poking about the Letcher game :eyeroll:
You guys have consistently had our number over the last few years.
zaga_fan Wrote:Definitely.
They'll have a QB and a buncha scrubs unless someone shows up this year.
Just poking about the Letcher game :eyeroll:
You guys have consistently had our number over the last few years.

No problem. I feel like PCC and Harlan County will be the favorites to win the district next year. When Matt Robinson graduates, it will be like losing your whole defense as he is one of the best defensive players I have seen in several years.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No problem. I feel like PCC and Harlan County will be the favorites to win the district next year. When Matt Robinson graduates, it will be like losing your whole defense as he is one of the best defensive players I have seen in several years.

The district will be a lot less dramatic next year.
No Clay County and everyone goes to the playoffs.

btw....
I heard you guys may be getting a very respected coach next year.
Am I just hearing small-talk?
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I was only joking when I posted the mock schedule. That would of been easier than this years schedule.

If Justin goes out and schedules all those tough teams that you have above, he will be lucky to have a team left come playoff time, that is if he even makes the playoffs. The loss of this years seniors will be much worse than most of you think. You are talking about playing guys that have never played football in their life replacing Axle, Dillion, and John Deaton on the line. I dont care how good Rankin or Darryl is, they wont have time to blink without a good oline. I just dont see how Justin is going to replace those guys. I hope he can though.

Well no matter what kind of teams he schedules he will be in the playoffs, its only a 4 teams district starting next year.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No problem. I feel like PCC and Harlan County will be the favorites to win the district next year. When Matt Robinson graduates, it will be like losing your whole defense as he is one of the best defensive players I have seen in several years.

I would say your not to far off, Whitley loses virtually everybody, they seem to still be losing kids off that 08 team that went so far, and now those kids have finally all cleared out.
We will lose our entire backfield, along with half the defense and a couple of lineman both ways, its going to be a completely new team, i just hope we have some younger kids step up.

If LCC dont fix whatever problems they had this year they are in for another long year.

I'd say for now, Harlan would be the early favorites, but PCC may not be to far behind.
What all does PCC lose off of their offense?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would say your not to far off, Whitley loses virtually everybody, they seem to still be losing kids off that 08 team that went so far, and now those kids have finally all cleared out.
We will lose our entire backfield, along with half the defense and a couple of lineman both ways, its going to be a completely new team, i just hope we have some younger kids step up.

If LCC dont fix whatever problems they had this year they are in for another long year.

I'd say for now, Harlan would be the early favorites, but PCC may not be to far behind.
What all does PCC lose off of their offense?

Dillion Cornett, Mitch Smith..and I beleive the biggest loss will be Axl Sizemore. I think thats all on offense.
Just get a good O-line, and you'll be successful, more consistent closing the season.
king360 Wrote:Dillion Cornett, Mitch Smith..and I beleive the biggest loss will be Axl Sizemore. I think thats all on offense.

Thats not devastating, PCC should be fine
zaga_fan Wrote:The district will be a lot less dramatic next year.
No Clay County and everyone goes to the playoffs.

btw....
I heard you guys may be getting a very respected coach next year.
Am I just hearing small-talk?

There is rumors flying but I just do not see it happening.
Heard Coach Hollan and his son are returning to Perry after all the problems at Pike Central came up???? I heard he enrolled yesterday at Perry. Any truth to that??
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Heard Coach Hollan and his son are returning to Perry after all the problems at Pike Central came up???? I heard he enrolled yesterday at Perry. Any truth to that??

If he didn't move, he shouldn't be eligible.
Hopefully Allan Boggs will come back as well. If he cant be the QB, he'd be an awesome fullback and LB.