Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds / Phillies - Game 1
Reds are looking like a team who has no post season experience
Volquez has struggled in his first two innings
^ He is not even coming close to the catchers mit. His pitches have consistently been off
Volquez has 31 pitches already in the 2nd alone
This is gamebreak time right now
Ballgame is OVER!

4-0, 2nd inning, but the Reds have no grasp of how to play in this environment.

Volquez is yanked in the 2nd inning after throwing 56 pitches.
Halladay has lived up to all expectations. I actually thought he may struggle since he had put in so many years with no postseason experience. This guy is NAILS!
Halladay is 6 outs away from no hitting the reds
Reds relief has stopped the Phils offense, as they have only allowed one baserunner since Volquez went out of the game
Wow, Halladay with a no hitter.
Not a good way to start as the reds are no-hit. But, that is only one game, All Reds have to do is win the next game and the momentum is with them
Volquez went 1 2/3 and gave up 4 ERs. I hope we can get the sticks going in game 2.Lets go Reds!
MVP2 Wrote:Volquez went 1 2/3 and gave up 4 ERs. I hope we can get the sticks going in game 2.Lets go Reds!

Don't forget the 56 pitches that really never came close to his target. Tomorrow is another tough pitching match-up, but the Reds seem to hit for Bronson
Well at least we don't have to face Halladay for the next two games so maybe if we can hit the ball we can get the lead in the series.
I got to watch part of this game and man I hate the Phillies but I've got to give credit to Roy Halladay. He came in focused and took care of business. Come on Reds lets turn this around.
Well, we know that history says that at least one road team that loses game one, finds a way to win their series. Why not the Reds????
Oswalt has owned the Reds in his career but If I'm not mistaking, the Reds beat him both times when they faced him this year. I hope we can make it all 3 times this season.
Has to suck to be a Reds fan....
The Yankees won though Wink
MVP2 Wrote:Oswalt has owned the Reds in his career but If I'm not mistaking, the Reds beat him both times when they faced him this year. I hope we can make it all 3 times this season.

You are correct
zaga_fan Wrote:Has to suck to be a Reds fan....
The Yankees won though Wink

Oh Hush, you bandwagon fan you. :moon: Just playing Zaga. Yankees/Phillies series would be exciting but hopefully we wont have to worry about either team in the WS.
MVP2 Wrote:Oh Hush, you bandwagon fan you. :moon: Just playing Zaga. Yankees/Phillies series would be exciting but hopefully we wont have to worry about either team in the WS.

Call me a bandwagon fans if ya want!!
But I'll ride each of these wagons until the end of time lol
It just so happens all my teams have won championships recently, except for the zags Sad
zaga_fan Wrote:Call me a bandwagon fans if ya want!!
But I'll ride each of these wagons until the end of time lol
It just so happens all my teams have won championships recently, except for the zags Sad

Besides the Reds, Bengals, Canes football, UK Basketball, Campbell County HS, I am a bandwagon fan Professional teams are not loyal to the fans, and have not been for years.

College sports is not loyal to anyone. Players come for their year of play, coaches come for their paycheck, and in neither case do they care what their actions do to the programs that the fans adore.

For me, In professional sports, I follow players. I love Lebron, so my favorite NBA team will be where ever he is at. I am huge Yankees fan - why? - because they are winners, and have been since 1919!

It's just like the fans who hate Rick Pitino now that he is at Louisville. How ignorant they are to the fact that UK Basketball was DEAD until Pitino brought it back to life. I will always be grateful to what he did, and will always root for him (except when they play UK) because if not for Rick, this program would still be at the bottom of the dung heap and there certainly would be no Coach Cal!
Well i guess you can tell who has the postseason experience! Let's hope that Bronson Arroyo comes prepared tomorrow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Even if you are a big Reds fan you have to admire what he did..Now lets just hope they bounce back and win this next one.
Reds bullpen and defense implodes tonight..... I mean two questionable calls, then 4 errors, then three hit batters....... AFTER A 4 RUN LEAD!!!! ..... I think Im going to throw up.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]