Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2 Lawrence Co. 2(Girls)
The Dawgs gave Paintsville all they wanted tonight. Good going, and hard playing to both teams.
Real good game if the third Lawrence County goal hadn't been overturned due to the offsides call I think they would have broken the Tigers back. Lawrence County should have still pulled this one out after taking the early 1-0 lead then allowing the Tigers to tie it up before going into the half up 2-1. No scoring in the second half until the 37:10 mark when Paintsville was doing everything possible to get the tying goal. I think the LC team was just wore out by that time. Paintsville only had one sub available but due to the way they used that sub through rotating I think they were fresher than the dawgs at the end. LC had at least 5 available on the bench but elected to only use two if I remember correctly. Good game for the dawgs and tigers overall. I think LC is showing they have a chance to steal a win or two in the district tourney.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Wow , sounded like an exciting game :Thumbs:
I must say other than the Letcher and Spring Valley game just about every other LC game has been very exciting. LC has just become real tired in each towards the end and many times have given up very late goals to lose or make the spread look worse than it was.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
PV had 3 of their starters out, including the top scorer and the goalie, but this was a very good game. Lawrence is a better team than what I thought by reading this forum. They definitely aren't a team that can be cakewalked over.
The lady dawgs also had two starters out for this one. Hopefully, they'll be able to play again come district tourney next week.
TheRealVille Wrote:The Dawgs gave Paintsville all they wanted tonight. Good going, and hard playing to both teams.

The KHSAA says score 1-0 to Paintsville. Was it reported correct?
As far as the score. That was from Friday, we were told last week that all district games had to be played by Sunday. The Paintsville game was scheduled for Monday and Johnson Central for Tuesday. From what we hear our coach agreed to give Paintsville a forfiet on Friday so it would be recorded prior to Sunday, therefore, the 1-0 score as long as Paintsville would still come to Louisa on Monday so that LC could have senior night and count the game as just a regular non-district game. However, if the district games had to be played before Sunday then why didn't the Johnson Central game also have to be played? Something doesn't add up but that is pretty much the case to this entire season.
That's too bad for you guys, cause that was a terriffic game:yikes:
CatDawg Wrote:As far as the score. That was from Friday, we were told last week that all district games had to be played by Sunday. The Paintsville game was scheduled for Monday and Johnson Central for Tuesday. From what we hear our coach agreed to give Paintsville a forfiet on Friday so it would be recorded prior to Sunday, therefore, the 1-0 score as long as Paintsville would still come to Louisa on Monday so that LC could have senior night and count the game as just a regular non-district game. However, if the district games had to be played before Sunday then why didn't the Johnson Central game also have to be played? Something doesn't add up but that is pretty much the case to this entire season.
Right. This last game, the tie game, didn't count. The real game was the game that was forfeited Friday. I didn't post this info, because I didn't want to take away from the LC girls on such a hard fought battle. The forfeited game made our 2nd game with LC, the 3rd was like you stated, so LC could have a senior night. Paintsville was ready to come to LC Friday, because they were going to lose 3 starters to a golf tourney after that.
So then it had nothing to do with the district games having to be played prior to the weekend? This would also answer why other district games were played after that fact. So the Paintsville team that was there Monday was minus 3 players as well?
CatDawg Wrote:So then it had nothing to do with the district games having to be played prior to the weekend? This would also answer why other district games were played after that fact. So the Paintsville team that was there Monday was minus 3 players as well?
Yes, the district games had to be played before Sunday. PV and LC's district game was to be played Friday, which LC took a forfeit. That was our 2nd, and last district game against LC. The Monday game was a freebe, so LC could have a senior night. Our two district games against LC were over as of the Friday forfeit. Yes, PV was without their goalie, and 2 leading scorers. They were playing in a golf tourney, starting Saturday.
Well the score was great and LC did great, especially for a new team:Thumbs:
soccerlover Wrote:Well the score was great and LC did great, especially for a new team:Thumbs:
You got that right. They have my complete respect.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes, the district games had to be played before Sunday. PV and LC's district game was to be played Friday, which LC took a forfeit. That was our 2nd, and last district game against LC. The Monday game was a freebe, so LC could have a senior night. Our two district games against LC were over as of the Friday forfeit. Yes, PV was without their goalie, and 2 leading scorers. They were playing in a golf tourney, starting Saturday.
If the district games had to be played by Sunday then why didn't Johnson Central and LC (Tuesday) and Johnson Central vs Pburg (Wednesday) have to be moved up?
LC was also without 2 players for the Monday game.
Actually , I agree with you CatDawg that makes no sense at all. Also, I thought you had a 1 win-1 loss when district games were not played. Never heard of a forfeit.
It just seems as the entire story isn't being told somewhere. Actually, it sounds as if Paintsville needed the game moved due to the golf tourney more than the district reason that we were told. LC coach agreed to move to Friday, however, when he discovered that LC would also be without a few players due to other plans he told Paintsville he would forfeit as long as Paintsville would send enough Monday to play. I kept wondering Monday night why they only had one on the bench and this answers that question. Sounds like the district part had nothing to do with it and that LC didn't feel they could win so we'll give you the forfeit just let us have senior night on Monday. That way Paintsville wasn't risking anything either by showing up and possibly losing with three players out for the golf tourney. I just wonder how many other sports would agree to such as this. I appreciate TheRealVille telling at least some of the rest of the story since we can't get that much info on our own end.
CatDawg Wrote:It just seems as the entire story isn't being told somewhere. Actually, it sounds as if Paintsville needed the game moved due to the golf tourney more than the district reason that we were told. LC coach agreed to move to Friday, however, when he discovered that LC would also be without a few players due to other plans he told Paintsville he would forfeit as long as Paintsville would send enough Monday to play. I kept wondering Monday night why they only had one on the bench and this answers that question. Sounds like the district part had nothing to do with it and that LC didn't feel they could win so we'll give you the forfeit just let us have senior night on Monday. That way Paintsville wasn't risking anything either by showing up and possibly losing with three players out for the golf tourney. I just wonder how many other sports would agree to such as this. I appreciate TheRealVille telling at least some of the rest of the story since we can't get that much info on our own end.
Thank you. I am also only telling what I have heard. I don't know all the district rule stuff, or even if what I have heard is completely truthful. All I know, is that we were told of a game they were going to have to go play either Friday or Saturday night, during Appleday, then all of a sudden they said we weren't going because LC forfeited. Then all the district stuff started being told.
I appreciate all the info just wonder if any of the district stuff holds water since so many district games were still played after Sunday.