Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Reds: 20 games over .500 and 5 game lead in the central!
The Cincinnati Reds are continuing to turn heads and surprise the major leagues. With the hard fought victory over the Cubs today, the Reds now bring their record to 75-55 (57.6 win percentage), 20 games over the .500 mark. The consistent play that the Reds have got in the past week going on the road and then returning home has allowed them to go 8-4 in their last 12 games (with a 6-3 road trip out west). Couple the Reds stellar play with the Cardinals rough go against division bottom feeders (Pitrates and Nationals) and the Reds have now created a 5 game lead with 32 games left on the schedule. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Going to the game on Saturday (even though they lost), I got to see how excited the city is to have their team in the playoff push. A sell out crowd of 41,000 showed up on Saturday. It truly is a great time to be a Reds fan as we push our team towards the playoffs and division crown.

The Reds now take on the Brewers tomorrow at Great American Ballpark sending Homer Bailey to the mound against Randy Wolf. Go Reds!!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This has been a GREAT run.
Stardust Wrote:This has been a GREAT run.

And it is nowhere near over!!! I love it!!
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Reds win 5-4..Cards lose 3-0 to the Astros...6 game lead over the Central with 31 games left..Its looking good.Go Reds Big Grin
How about the sweet swing of Bruce latley?
Haven't had this feeling in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
MVP2 Wrote:How about the sweet swing of Bruce latley?

I know!! We really need it to stay consistent!!! We are such a complete team with a big consistent bat in the outfield.

OffTheHook Wrote:Haven't had this feeling in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent felt this was my whole life!! Seeing as though they won the World series when I was two and the play-in game only peaked my excitement to drop in a hurry. I can not wait to get this playoff season started!!!
[SIZE="4"]
The Reds have a favorable remaining schedule. They only have 10 games against teams above .500(Colorado[4], St. Louis[3], and San Diego[3]). The rest of the games are against bottom feeders. If they keep playing consistently, they should have no problem winning the division.
BTW, the magic number for clinching the division is 27.
Jarons Wrote:The Reds have a favorable remaining schedule. They only have 10 games against teams above .500(Colorado[4], St. Louis[3], and San Diego[3]). The rest of the games are against bottom feeders. If they keep playing consistently, they should have no problem winning the division.
BTW, the magic number for clinching the division is 27.

My roommates and I started doing the magic number about a week ago!!! It is a fantastic thing to think about!!! I love the makeup of this team!
[SIZE="4"]
1990 was a great time. The Reds led wire to wire. They were never out of 1st during the season and never trailed in the playoffs.

I look to the loss column and see a 5 game lead and love seeing that number above 3. I like the loss column because I see it as controlling your own destiny. The Cards need to win 7 to tie. But, they have to hope the Reds lose 5, and that is out of their control. Win at least one this weekend and the Reds keep a pretty good lead. Win all 3 and it is probably over.

Go Red Legs!
cart man Wrote:1990 was a great time. The Reds led wire to wire. They were never out of 1st during the season and never trailed in the playoffs.

I look to the loss column and see a 5 game lead and love seeing that number above 3. I like the loss column because I see it as controlling your own destiny. The Cards need to win 7 to tie. But, they have to hope the Reds lose 5, and that is out of their control. Win at least one this weekend and the Reds keep a pretty good lead. Win all 3 and it is probably over.

Go Red Legs!

The end of the year will not get here soon enough! I am hoping for a Reds-Braves!
[SIZE="4"]
[quote=Scotty doesn't know]The end of the year will not get here soon enough! I am hoping for a Reds-Braves![/QUOTE]

If the season ended today, Reds will play the Braves in the first round.
cart man Wrote:1990 was a great time. The Reds led wire to wire. They were never out of 1st during the season and never trailed in the playoffs.

Go Red Legs!

My favorite Reds team of my lifetime. The greatest bullpen of all time for one season, the Nasty Boys. If the Reds had a lead in the sixth inning or later teams had no chance with the Charlton, Dibble, and Myers.
Jarons Wrote:My favorite Reds team of my lifetime. The greatest bullpen of all time for one season, the Nasty Boys. If the Reds had a lead in the sixth inning or later teams had no chance with the Charlton, Dibble, and Myers.

:Thumbs:
Since the Reds were swept by the Cards, the Reds have gone 12-4! They are 18-8 during the month.
Reds win again, Cards get shutout again Big Grin...7 game lead over the NL Central.
Magic Number 25!!
People, this Reds team is turning the sports world on its head!! I can not believe this! A 7 game lead with 30 games left!!!
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:People, this Reds team is turning the sports world on its head!! I can not believe this! A 7 game lead with 30 games left!!!

It is exciting
I'm stoked outta my gord. We're goin October 3rd, can't wait. Haven't been to a game yet this season due to my racing schedule (don't race on Sunday's, but thats usually my clean the car and check for broke parts day, lol).
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Yeah its really been an amazing year for the Redlegs..And Joey Votto flat out deserves to be the NL MVP. I would love to see them go to the world series and face another team I love, the Texas Rangers. Personally, I think that would make for a fun series to watch..A season like this sure makes up for nine straight years of losing, doesnt it? Anyways, from a hapless Pirate fan to you, congrats on your awesome season Redleg fans. I hope that it doesnt end for you, and I'd LOVE to see your team play in the Fall classic!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards just got beat by the Astros. 7.5 game lead, magic number 24!!
I have not been this excited about baseball this late in the year in a long time, probably 1999 when the Reds were last contenders. This is fun!!
Are the Reds SICK or what. This is awesome. Going to be 8 games up along with the best record in the National League!
What a season we just Keep rolling
8 game lead!
Chapman hit 104 tonight.
Chapman is doing AMAZING!! 104mph WOW
CardinalAlum Wrote:Chapman hit 104 tonight.

And 1st Career ML Win.:rockon:
Amazing game for the Reds, as always, they do not wilt under pressure like this and come up big when the opportunities present. Cueto pitching like an ace only while the hitting was silent but the strength of the bullpen with Chapman in the mix allowed the Reds to stay in the game into late innings thus allowing something like tonight to happen. Six runs on the way to give Chapman his first win and get the Reds to an 8 game lead is amazing!! I am so excited to see this after sooooo many years as a bottom feeder. I have been a DIE HARD Reds fan my whole life but the only playoff push I can vividly remember is the 1999 push just to go to a play-in game (ending in depression). But as many times as I have watched the wire-to-wire videos of the 1990 world series (when I was 2) I still HAVE TO experience my first true playoff atmosphere with the Redlegs!!!
[SIZE="4"]